Did Faceless wake the Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BurningHeart, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Punchu Augur

This is so idiotic. Ya'll were around before Kronos right? When people just sold station cash cards in place of krono? Sony was wise to bring that aspect of RMT under their roof, just like every other F2P MMO has. Some serious ignorance to believe it would be different with out krono keeping the god damn lights on at DBG.
  2. Wayylon Augur

These are the mentally ill people you have to share a server with.
  3. Vanrau Augur

And then we'll be back to people hording camps to sell items for platinum. Remember that? People will find a way to RMT using something as currency. This is the reason why they later made just about everything no drop and then RMT bots started to sell loot rights and power levels.

With Kronos being used as a currency, Daybreak is making money off the RMT market.
    Punchu and Darchias like this.
  4. Zefirus Journeyman

From the DBG Ad:
    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-scars-of-velious-progression-primer

What To See
    There’s so much more to explore - The Scars of Velious brought a ton of new content and grand adventures to EverQuest. Of course, each member of the EverQuest team has their own opinion on what they think was the best addition! We asked the team the following question, and have listed some of their answers below:
    What is the ONE thing that you always make sure to stop by when you’re spending time on Velious?
    Niente: I visit the Othmir in Colbat Scar, enjoy the music, catch some fish (and hopefully don’t get eaten by the water dragon).
    Mepps: Tower. Of. Frozen. Shadow. I hope people are planning new characters or have alts that are still in that middle level range to play through ToFS. Everything about this dungeon is spot-on classic, from its imposing presence in Iceclad, to the keying process, to the varied and challenging floors and the story they tell. This is an absolute must-see, or must-see-again.

Roxxlyy: I’ve always loved the Sleeper’s Tomb – there’s nothing quite like the feeling you get approaching Kerafyrm and knowing that your actions could potentially change Norrath forever.

Sorry Roxxlyy, not this time. :) muahaha
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  5. Bewts Augur

You know they could just offer pre-woken sleeper instances with significant lockout timers.... like once every 2 weeks or once a month. It would address scarcity better than a one and done that just went down...
  6. Gauss New Member

As one of the people involved in waking the Sleeper (something I had not done before), I can honestly say all the people that have been telling you that it's not some amazing thing you missed out on are basically correct. I had done a couple of the warders in a pre-woken ST way back in era but didn't have firm memories of them, but from having done all four and now done all four of the ancients a couple times there is really not some amazing content you missed out on.

Three of the warders are very easy, even for a small raid. One (Ventani) is annoying because she has two bad AEs and is very resistant to slow, but would have been trivial with more people. That's basically the same for the Ancients, three are very easy and one is unslowable and harder, but with 30+ people none of them are hard at all. If you've ever fought an indoor dragon you basically have experienced fights like this.

If you compare the loot tables of the Ancients vs the Warders, you lose out on a few unique items from the Warders but I think the weight of it is that the Ancients drop better loot. Like an FT1 shield for priests (who can't use the INT caster FT5 Tunare shield), a nice Extended Enhancement III mask, Lungi is a good robe and haste on chest isn't a bad place to have your haste item. The BP off the Ancients I think compares pretty favorably to ex. Breastplate of Eradication. The Clawed Coat of Tyro is 3 less AC and you lose STA, but a raid warrior is probably long since STA capped, and again having haste on chest isn't a bad thing and the Clawed Coat is 39%.

I'm not saying you don't miss out on anything by losing the Warders, but I do think in general the Ancient loot is a little better, there are some trash drops from the Ancients but a lot of the Warder drops were trash as well. The Gnome mask is just a toy (and hey, you can get a Dwarf mask now instead), and by the way for anyone who is unaware you can make potions that turn you into a Gnome if that's something you'd really want--but Gnomes are horrible and it's weird anyone would want to look like one in the first place.

Something we found clearing down is the mini-bosses didn't appear to actually be dropping primals, or at least the one we killed just dropped a diamond and nothing else. So waking sleeper also increased the number of primals (prismatics) you can get.

I'd be 100% in favor of the AOC offering pre-waking ST as an option that shared a lockout with post-waking so you could choose which one to do each week. My main reason is I really do think people will stop being upset over this if they have it in an instance they can do forever--because most people will quickly realize ST was a weird/quirky one off they did in Velious and while it had an amazing mystique at the time because it was "hard" to get into, dropped the primal weapons and ended forever when your server's resident top guild woke the Sleeper it's content that if you actually did a few times I think you'd never think about it again.
  7. Raltar Augur

The only reason anyone would have to be upset about the Sleeper being woke is that they are missing out on RMT. That is it.
    Pictarous likes this.
  8. Gauss New Member

I don't fully buy into that, I think people overestimate the size of the RMT playerbase. There's certainly tons of that, like definitely. But there's also a lot of very casual players on Agnarr that couldn't even tell you what RMT means, and they're just in it for the nostalgias. Since they've never touched Sleeper's Tomb in their minds it's a mecca of magical things they never got to experience.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

I understand what you mean, but I would bet that those casual players at some point would consider buying krono to fund gear purchases for things like SoD and loot rights to the Longevity robe. Either way, they participate in RMT. Whether or not someone sells the SoD itself, or through Krono, it's funding it.

I'm not opposed to having a sleeper pre-awakened instance, but it really doesn't matter that much to me.
  10. Herf Augur

Buy them from the store :). The fundamental problem with Kronos on a TLP server is that they are cross server.
  11. Machentoo Augur

No one would buy them from the store if they just wanted to use for their sub.

Kindof a waste of breath even talking about it. DBG isn't gonna change how krono work, it's a huge part of how they make money on the TLP's.
  12. FluttyMan Elder

and that's the problem.

Someone can start a new toon on a new server and can already be in-game rich as .

That's what lead to mage box armies ruining the beginning of Ragefire server, and that's what lead to Phiny being truebox. The reason is kronos.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Everquest's ultimate owner, Viktor Vekselberg, does not agree. Do not anger him!

[IMG]
    Dandy likes this.
  14. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Rich people say that money isn't a big deal either. It's the experience people want. Sure the loot is a bonus but after 18 years some people want the experience because they have been denied for 18 years. DBG has the capability to allow everybody to experience the zone in it's first phase. They just choose not to for random_reason_01 that is ridiculous in todays EQ.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

Sleeper's Tomb respawns with the Sleeper on Test. Type /testcopy and go experience it.
    Pictarous and Xandollf like this.
  16. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

That's an unusually idiotic statement from you. It compares nothing to doing it in era with your guild.

I have no issue with you waking the sleeper. I'm not in a guild that had any expectations at all of getting into ST before it was awoken. I still think that the guilds who did get in there before you should have denied you guys and just woken the sleeper while they were there just because but they left one warder up hoping, i assume, that you would be respectful enough to not wake it. They know the truth now.

The whole point people are making which you so ignorantly ignore is that DBG has the capability of allowing people to experience ST both pre and post sleeper awakening on the TLP servers. They could even put a time limit on it like they do for items such as the DE mask dropping. For example - you have 30 days to get into ST before the sleeper awakens then the Sleeper will awaken no matter what for everybody.

The more power that DBG removes from guilds to have an effect on other guilds play style is only good. It's why so many people jumped ship from RF/LJ to Phinny and now Agnarr. The days of competitive EQ ( as they are known in the past of open world racing/socking ) are pretty much dead. DBG see's the light and understands that the largest part of their fanbase are willing to pay to play if we aren't subjected to guilds like yours. So get your snide little comments in because this won't last forever. Your reasons for waking the sleeper immediately, supposedly to fight RMT, are a well crafted ruse and nobody really believes you.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  17. Pictarous Augur

You could not possibly be more wrong.

The Tri-Guild alliance that got into ST first was going there to try to get Tinkerer's Masks and SoDs to sell before FE could get in and take down all Warders. They didn't attempt the last Warder, because after 6 hours of wiping in the instance, they were tired, instance was closing, and couldn't complete it. All of this was streamed.

If you want to "experience" the Sleeper "in era" (which is: warders die, he wipes the raid and despawns) then collect whatever few people you can, /test copy, unassign AA, and have at it.

What is more competitive than four guilds racing to be the first to down (in this case, wake) the defining target in the expansion?

Furthermore, you didn't even bother to compete. Everyone knows about the race to wake The Sleeper.
    Guilds were raiding Sleeper's Tomb key targets on the Test server before Velious dropped.

But instead if actually trying to make progress towards your goal, you whined and moaned on the forums. You could have joined the guild alliance, or FE. But you didn't.

No one is going to hold your hand and theme-park you through content you want to see.

Looks like you are stuck with Test.

I will wait for your explanations as to why the No-Trade items (2 monk robes) were given to classes that cannot use them, ensuring that even if the accounts themselves were sold, the items would be unusable. Or that why resist stones were given to pets, which were then killed, removing the possibility of the items being reclaimed via vendors/DBG tokens.

Again, all of this was streamed.
  18. Gauss New Member

Yeah--and this isn't just my story telling, you can literally watch it on cabdru's twitch: the alliance of guilds that got in there before us were in an instance. They could never have woken the sleeper in an instance because that's not how it works, you can kill all four warders in an instance but it doesn't wake the sleeper for the whole server, only open world does.

Furthermore, you can go watch the stream. They wiped over and over again to several of the easy warders, so much so that after they finally cleared the third warder they only had 5 minutes left on their instance timer (you have six hours to complete an instance after initializing it.) They didn't even try open world after, largely because I suspect they had people who had to take a break since they hadn't slept in 20+ hours.

So they didn't "leave one up", they literally failed to complete an instance. And they also didn't "leave one up", because no one wiping to the first three warders for 6 hours with their 21 man force was ever going to kill Ventani. We went in open world and one shot the first three warders, wiped once on Ventani and made a couple adjustments then killed her.

I do give the alliance of My Pants/Addictions/What the Guk props they had an ambitious plan, played nonstop to execute it and came fairly close for three guilds that aren't much known for clearing content on Agnarr. If they had one more guild in the alliance it's likely they'd have gotten to 25-26 keys and probably could've cleared it. But no one left a warder up for us and no one was close to waking the Sleeper before us in the real timeline of Agnarr.
    Darchias and Pictarous like this.
  19. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

Meanwhile, faceless continues to RMT droppable items from other velious bosses and continue to hold down mobs such as avatar for RMT items.

Plain and simple this is why they woke the sleeper so early: they just don't want folks getting the super nice items and then leaving them high and dry to RMT their toons away.

This is the only reason why, any other reason such as a "self righteous" attack of conscious against the "evil RMTers" is just bull.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  20. eqenthusiast1983 Elder

And if you don't believe me ask about the bards who got their tink mask and other items and then put their toons up for sale, leaving almost no bards in the guild.

But what do I know, I only witnessed it all go down on Phinny.