Did Faceless wake the Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BurningHeart, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Herf Augur

The only future TLP server I could see starting (again) on would be one that didn't allow Krono for anything except paying monthly registration fees. Would also have to be True Box or no Box. DB cash stuff as it is for TLPs today would still be OK.
    FluttyMan and Funk like this.
  2. Fhiele Augur

I got no problem with them waking the sleeper. I appreciate when people do what they say they'll do.
    Protocol likes this.
  3. Aziuno Augur

How would you obtain these magical Krono for your monthly sub if you couldn't buy them from other players for goods/services?
    Ethereal likes this.
  4. Kamahl New Member

What else are Krono used for? Sure, people exchange them as in-game currency but the only "use" of the Krono is for subscription which is why they have value.
  5. Funk Augur

On the contrary, the people who would be dumb enough to actually pay 100 krono for a silly weapon in EQ are exactly the people who actually purchase the krono from DGB with a credit card. Are you forgetting all krono enter the game this way?
  6. Funk Augur

To comment on the original subject though some of the events TFO beat on test server probably felt more rewarding than this.

Fungal Forest and Daosheen wins come to mind'=)
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Mayong was probably the most rewarding win I had with TFO. It's hard to compare how it stacks against this. The fight against Ventani was 35 minutes long after 22 hours of raiding, tons of fun.
    Ravanta Suffer and Funk like this.
  8. Funk Augur

Oh yeah Mayong was awesome, that was some of the best times I had in all my eq days.
  9. snailish Augur

They had the force to do it an did so within the existing mechanics. Good on them really.

The fact that one of the most significant "events" in EQ history by how the playerbase continues to perceive it was beaten in less than 24 hours suggests to me it is time to change the mechanics:

Make waking the sleeper hard to do in Velious era. Make it a challenge and true accomplishment. This probably means a reward incentive (i.e., being killed by Kerafyrm is a character flag... hailing the right npc with that character flag = something special). This may mean making pre-sleeper loots all no trade? (there's a web of motivations to unravel)... and so on.

Beyond that, I'll leave it to the raiders that want challenges to suggest how to make this a true challenge again.
  10. Darchias Augur

Krono's keeping the lights on in the server farm. It'd never happen.
  11. Bewts Augur

Instances..... double the content on day one.

Maybe fastest for the two servers that instanced the TLP content upon its release?

I’m not impressed.
  12. Piklepants New Member

Yeah instances help out a lot! I'm surprised they could only key 22 in time!

The best thing that helps the overall server would be to leave the sleeper alone for as long as they can! Because in reality those items that would be RMT'd, there aren't very many on the server to begin with, it's maybe 10-20 items at most by the time a guild wakes the sleeper anyways.

Last server someone was selling the Tinker Mask for $1000 the day they woke the sleeper, haha it was nuts. It was pretty obvious who was doing it, I wonder why DBG doesn't mock buy an item like that to find out who is delivering this stuff and take them down! But that requires man hours and more money!

I think personally I wouldn't mind a SoD or two rolling around on the server just because it's such a great item for Velious, OP, but a signature item.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

So there was an advantage to getting keyed first!
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

15. Machentoo Augur

SOMEONE payed 1800 for those kronos, and Daybreak seems pretty on top of banning RMT accounts right at this particular moment. IF the crying on the RMT sites is any indication.

You can try to sell your bridge for whatever you want, but people ain't buying atm for much less than 1800 per krono.
  16. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

nah the people crying are the ones that bought accounts or shared them. but thats what happens when you buy PL from someone with real money, or let them log in your account when they're notorious 22 boxer than trains everyone in the zone to secure camps for AE PL.

but yes i agree someone or some people paid 18 originally.
  17. Sad Panda Elder

I like how DGB had an advertisement about Agnarr showing the sleeper as part of the content, it was dead before the ad came out. Just add the AoC so folks that never saw it get to enjoy the content you show in your ads to get people to play on the server.

Such a simple fix. These fights are all a joke compared to when they were live. Just remove the primals if everyone is so concerned about server balance on a totally broken server. The 12 week cycle seems to be the biggest issue with the amount of folks who want them.
    Jaxarale01 and Protocol like this.
  18. Progress Augur

I agree. Add a pre-awoken Sleeper instance AoC. The best way to combat the RMT'ers is to flood the server with the gear they sell. I would love to see a bunch of gnome bards and twinked out Monks running around the server. This server is frozen at LDON, so might as well allow some fun that will stay with the server long term and give people another reason to hang out here.
    Claritydealer likes this.
  19. Weaps Journeyman

I mean I guess we all have a leaning towards elitism but the narcissism in evidence here is truly remarkable. The statements made are Trump-esque... We are so lucky to have these guys around to know better than us common folk and make all the decisions for us. Also, can I get an update on the status of that wall you are building outside Cabilis to protect us from those evil lizards?
  20. FluttyMan Elder

remove kronos.