I don't want the group levitate AA.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WorriedinNorrath, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Sagarmatha Augur

This post demonstrates how the forum campers QQ and Bi Tc H about every little detail in the game. Please quit Everquest immediately.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

"why dont you just click it off" Heh that is the same thing I tell casters when I put Voice of Thule on them.
    Xnao and Nniki like this.
  3. Velnarin Lorekeeper

I had a friend send me a tell once exasperated that an acquaintance of his said there was still a use for single target invisibility yet didn't name it. I know, invis not lev, but same concept. I said actually keeping single and group on the bar is a good idea because if your group gets aggro and you know they're going to die, group invis would kill you, single won't. Levitation might not be a life or death thing like that but it's still overkill to consolidate it. Didn't they do this to invis, too? Been gone for years so I haven't checked since I got back, but I sure hope not.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I see. If you don't agree with what's being said about a change, so it's automatically "". Got it!

Get off your high horse and take your own "advice".
    svann, Tatanka and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  5. ShadowMan Augur

The big difference is you could cast single target lev on people who asked for it but were not in group. Now you can't unless you take the time to mem a spell. And before someone chimes in about the difficulty of meming a spell I can tell you lots ask for stuff 20 seconds before engage or mid fight and they won't be getting it now in those situations.
  6. menown Augur

Necro lev (Dead Men Floating) AA is TGBable. You can still target the player you want to give lev. The only difference now is the targetted player's group will get DMF too.

I have found 0 reason to complain about the lev changes as a necro. It is a buff that I only have to cast after I die or someone else dies. Not used in emergencies. And with the changes, it will not give you a combat timer after you cast on others. People who don't want my DMF have long ago buffed bocked it for their weaker lev spells or no lev at all.

Maybe other lev AA classes have an excuse for this change, but I haven't found one for the Necro class.
    Sagarmatha likes this.
  7. Reval Augur

If they did this with invis, then the reason to complain would be that when other people invis you when you have a charmed pet, it will break the charm.

I get why people are a bit annoyed by this change, but I don't see it as something you can't fix with a little ingenuity, no matter how particular you are about your buff order.
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

I had assumed all casters but chanters block that anyway?
  9. ShadowMan Augur

In a raid setting that might work but standing in pok targeting someone outside my group and it no longer works. Like I said for me it doesn't matter but for others at times it can.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

And as was said above:
    /tgb on

It is astounding how many casters i have met along the way didn't even know it was TGB'able and needed a WAR to point that fact out to them...

And yes, i just verified with my WIZ that this is still possible after the patch by buffing random people in PoK...
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any way to block the spam from people clicking off my levi buff and clicking their own?
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

*sigh*
    More advice needed by casters from a WAR? ;)
    ALT+O => chat => spells => overwritten beneficial to set a different color than yellow
    then
    right-click your spam window => filters => spells => overwritten (beneficial)
    to move them out of the way.
    Sounds straightforward? :p
  13. ShadowMan Augur

I am speaking towards DMF AA. After the changes TGB or MGB does not work with a person outside of your group. Its only if I use the spell versions that I can cast it on others outside of group.

But thanks for your warrior feedback regarding wizards.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You are welcome.
    And wrong.
    As i have gotten perma-DMF on last raid with no Necromancr in the group.
    So unless your spell-buff also does not have a timer to it, our Nerocs obviously know something you don't.
    Erst Hirn einschalten, ausprobieren und dann posten - hilft!
  15. menown Augur

To clear things up, the group DMF AA was never MGBable. If you wanted to MGB DMF, you always had to load the spell version. But, before and after the patch, the group DMF AA was and still is TGBable.
  16. YellowBelly Augur

So every necro has to play your way? Gotcha.
  17. menown Augur

Yep. (I say this only because of how ignorant your statement is.)
    Xnao and Sagarmatha like this.
  18. ShadowMan Augur

I can not replicate what youre saying. No one has any form of dmf blocked or tgb and no matter what I do when using dmf aa it will not land on others that are not in my group. From my testing the only way to cast dmf on people outside of the group is by using the spell versions.

Prior to the changes single target worked outside just fine.
  19. menown Augur

Just tested it out. First I tested on a guildy in the Grand Guild Hall.

[Fri Sep 29 14:05:18 2017] You begin casting Perfected Dead Men Floating.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:05:21 2017] You become like the dead.

Did not land on him. Only myself. Then I thought that he might have blocked the buff. I then logged in an alt and moved to the Guild Lobby.

[Fri Sep 29 14:09:04 2017] You begin casting Perfected Dead Men Floating.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:09:07 2017] You become like the dead.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:09:07 2017] Fenh looks dead.

My alt and I both got the buff. We were not grouped. To check one more time, I went to PoK and casted on a random person.

[Fri Sep 29 14:13:13 2017] You begin casting Perfected Dead Men Floating.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:13:16 2017] You become like the dead.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:13:16 2017] An Alaran spirit evoker looks dead.
    [Fri Sep 29 14:13:16 2017] Northmoss looks dead.

The random person and his merc got the buff. I tried thinking of what could cause your situation but all I could think of is you either had "/tgb off", or your filters are hiding the messages, or the targeted players you are casting on are maxed out on buff slots.
  20. Wizlard Augur

Your group mates sometimes don't want levitate is the best reason you can come up with why YOU want a single version? This is why the community isn't listened to, pointless whining threads just like this one.