Best 6 box for agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spinetwist, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Spinetwist New Member

Hey guys, going to plat on agnarr what is the best 6 box team for success in farming loot, and killing?
  2. Coreidan New Member

Incoming tears.
  3. Renshu Augur

OMG!!!

What is wrong with you? You want to SIX BOX!!! Do you kill puppies in your spare time?
  4. Risiko Augur

I don't know about best, but my suggestion would be:
    1. SK
    2. Cleric
    3. Necromancer
    4. Necromancer
    5. Necromancer
    6. Shaman
    SK and Cleric are obvious.

Shaman is there for buffing the tank and slowing the mobs in later expansions (esp. Planes of Power).

You can do pretty good damage with the 3 necromancers, by setting up a hot key macro for each of them that simply assists the main assist (the SK), sends pet, casts nuke/lifetap.

Plus, when you get trained by angry non-boxers (and it will happen), you can FD on the 3 necromancers and the SK. Only your cleric and shaman will get killed. Then (after the necro rez is put in game... cant remember which expansion), you can just get up, rez cleric, and then have the cleric rez the shaman. It will make recovery much, much faster and less of a hassle.

Just my two copper pieces.
  5. Johnwick Augur

In my opinion this is what I would run with 6.

1- Warrior
    2- Cleric
    3- Enchanter
    4- Wizard
    5- Monk
    6- Mage / Necro
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

If you are just going to farm camps for drops then 6 mages... no need for a tank or healer. You could throw in a chanter for C and to pull with and just do /pet attack, /cast n00k macros on the 5 mages.

Nothing in a plat camp you can't do with this set up.
  7. Dysfunction New Member

Cleric
    Enchanter
    Mage
    Mage
    Mage
    Mage

I've been steamrolled by this setup before and could only cry myself to sleep afterwards.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  8. Risiko Augur

Come Planes of Power, this setup is going to get destroyed by the mobs. Tank is needed imo.
  9. Jaxarale01 Augur

In a cash camp? lol
  10. MaestroM Augur

1. Bard
    2. Bard
    3-5. ???
    6. Bard
  11. Damezza Augur

ports. nothing will save more time than the ability to port your 5 other boxes around. nothing.
  12. Spinetwist New Member

Well I would want something that I can xp with in the later expacs. I am thinking War, sham, 2x ranger, mage, cleric. Would ranger be easy to box? Just /auto fire and have the mage send dps pet.
  13. Pikallo Augur

There is a post like this every week or so, you could probably just search the thousands of other ones.

Regardless, it depends on if you are concerned with the long haul or just classic. If it were me(key points highlighted):
    1) SK (real tank with FD - needed if you want to kill pretty much any motm content)
    2) Cleric (running with only 1 healer, having the strongest one is ideal. Able to rez)
    3) Enchanter (no brainer - charm dps, buffs, cc, pulling - arguably strongest group class in game)
    4) Wizard (evac and ports - and not just for escape, but simply as a convenience, 1 button dps)
    5) Bard (extremely easy to afk box with /melody, selos/travel, pick locks[with illusion glitch gone, this is going to be more important on Agnarr for cyrpt/chardok and more])
    6) Mage (coth, malo for charm, 1 button dps)

This comes from experience 3-4 boxing since Ragefire. I've played various combos, with primary experience as Enc/Mag/Dru, and now playing sk/clr/wiz/enc on Agnarr.

The only thing this group may be lacking is viability against super resistant mobs - but with a charm pet / mage pet, you should still be fine. This group is also a powerhouse AE group as well.
  14. Pikallo Augur

That setup wouldn't be terrible in pop since rangers are very strong and very easy to box, however running a 6-box without an enchanter seems really short-sighted to me. Also the above combo has no ports/evac, no lockpick, and no reliable puller for tight situations(especially indoor)
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Name the cash camps in PoP in which a tanking enchanter can survive consistently. Yes, the charmed pet will tank most of the time but when charm breaks the chanter is tanking two mobs.

Hint: There are none outside of the mind-numbingly boring T1 zones.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I have done warrior and SK in 5 and 6 box teams for years. There are few times you would want a warrior over and SK. In fact, the only times are when you do tend to be those times when you are pushing the limits of your group and you need Defensive for a named mob. The SK gives you much better utility but the warrior does tend to be "fire and forget" once they have good weapons and augs. Short version: I prefer the SK over the warrior.
  17. Illusory Augur

My choice would be based on the current expansion, and as they unlock you can change out classes as you see fit.

Starting with the 2 primary classes, Warrior + Cleric, and add on from there. :)

If you're in Classic, (Slow isn't necessary here.)

Warrior, Cleric, Magician, Magician, Magician, Shaman or Druid.

If you're in Kunark or Velious, (Slow is somewhat necessary)

Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Magician, Wizard or Druid.

If you're in Luclin or Planes of Power, (Slow becomes more of a requirement, and necessaryin PoP.)

Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Shaman, Magician, Wizard.
    or
    Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Ranger, Ranger, Wizard

Your message will fall on deaf hears here my friend.
  18. Pikallo Augur

While I agree that tank is ideal, especially if you plan to do anything with MoTM, I can easily survive consistently through charm breaks on mobs like the BoT wing(not tower) named, PoFire/water named, especially with the LDoN stun and pretty much any other regular group named in PoP.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Raid geared or group geared? I can see raid geared chanters doing it.
  20. Pikallo Augur

Yes raid geared, but even an fairly average geared enchanter should be fine. It is more about getting a few quick heals and planning ahead and reacting quickly. Gear just makes it a bit easier.