Info on Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Randragon Augur

Inquiring minds would like to know. Any info coming out soon on the next expansion?

Bueller....Bueller....Bueller?
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

empires of luclin
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

All the zones already made push toward Kunark again. Howling Stoneb, Troll Picks, Gorowyn and think ive seen Karnorb, Skyfireb, Veeshan Peak.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. smash Augur

Basically continuation of eok.
    And prob some advantage if got last keys (raid).
  5. eqzekisdead Augur

Can't wait, I want free TBM.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I wonder how the next expansion will affect EoK raid and EoK global rare items. Will EoK items remain in parity?
  7. Lheo Augur

i hope so the concept of very rare drops on trash is the greatest in mmo history...so you can grind on trash and HOPE to get great loot...
  8. Stephen51 Augur

Benito said:
    EOK wasn't the first expansion where raid quality drops dropped randomly from non-raid trash.

There were drops in CoTF and TDS. Not sure on TBM.

I think it's safe to assume there will be a level increase this expansion, seeing as there hasn't been one in the last 2 expansions?

I know better to ask anyone at Daybreak for any titbits, but can anyone confirm when the new expansion will be announced?
  9. Riou EQResource

EoK was beginning of september, TBM was beginning of october, TDS was mid august (but an earlier release date by a bit iirc)

I wouldn't expect anything until more in that time frame (end of summer)
  10. Riou EQResource

gorowyn, charasistwo, skyfiretwo, overtheretwo, veeshantwo, there is also a charasisb (but idk if it is used or not)

it will be basically same original count as EoK or 1 less zone (korsha lab and gates were 1 zone early on iirc, but too big so split into 2, like how heart of fire in RoF was 1 zone, but split into 3 instead because it was too big for EQ engine or w/e)
  11. svann Augur

Skyfire - oh boy, trash that debuffs you.
    :confused:
  12. Stephen51 Augur

If it had to be a revamp of a Kunark Zone, Howling Stone was one of my favourites. I loved the symmetry of it, there seemed to be a mini progression involved, and Karnors Castle would be a horrible, beautiful mess :p
    feeltheburn likes this.
  13. smash Augur

If Karnok, it Means also rest of Dreadlands..

And then how will it be, I mean, Lce is haivng all the mobs concentrated within a too small area atm. Should they suddenly spread out or will there be open passage to Karnor.

And in a way, Karnor feels like a small zone.

How about Mines, in FM there clearly an closed entrance to the mines.
  14. Tucoh Augur

That's what I'm hoping it is. And I hope that they have an increased content pipeline to give more than six and a half new zones. There's really no excuse for why they can't push out the rest of Kunark in the next expansion.

I'm also hoping that they release one of the zones in July/August.
  15. Avory Augur

Eew~
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

What about Dalnirs!!
  17. fransisco Augur

Where is this info from?
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

[IMG]
  19. Orbital101 Augur

Straight from you eqfolder :p
  20. Raptour_MT Elder

Most players would like to see a continuation of Kunark. So they will probably go with Gates of Discord 2.0.
    fransisco likes this.