EoK spells

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sn00ps, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Sn00ps Journeyman

Hello friends I've just returned for EoK and was wanting to know if any of the EoK spells are worth using? they are a little confusing as to what they do.

I play a SK/SHM/ENC/WIZ so would really love to know if any are worth using for these classes and if so which ones? I just play group content no raiding.
  2. Vizula-Emarr Elder

They are worth getting. Not all are great, but should be some worthwhile ones in there for those classes. You can buy the rank 1's not far from lcea port in.
  3. Sn00ps Journeyman

Yes I have all the rk 1 spells but I'm wanting to know if any are worth using?
  4. Bigfan Augur

If you use a cleric Merc with shaman, use shaman alliance.
  5. fransisco Augur

If you are not a raider, don't buy the alliance.
    It is a raid only spell. Never under any circumstance are they worth casting if you are not with 2-3 more characters of the same class.
  6. Bigfan Augur

Healer alliances are not raid only, yes you won't get the 100k heal, but everytime your merc heals the tank with alliance running, it's 11k AE heal.

And for a shaman, mana is not an issue.

Fransisco is incorrect, some alliances do have uses, and if you have a team of say, 3 mages..boom.
  7. fransisco Augur

Sure, alliance heals grant an ae heal, they might all grant "something" to the original caster.
    But for the mana cost and time you spend casting (plus gcd), there are better things a character could be doing.

However, if you replace "not worth it" with not caring about either mana or time, then they are indeed could be worthwhile.
  8. GoldenFrog Augur

If you ever have 2 SKs in a group - the alliance is just fast, easy and powerful to use. Maybe that's not something most see, but I do - and it's awesome.

4 mil+ extra damage every 60 seconds. Yeah, that's worth it.