Daybreak is suspending for training but not camp stealing.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aowar, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

here's an idea.

What if you made it so that the high value items, could only be looted once per account for a few weeks. Then if people would lock down camps, they would be forced to have many accounts or rely only on selling loot rights to others, which would quite often end up wasting their time if they don't have a buyer ready before time runs out.
  2. Naudee New Member

if you have been waiting that long you need to check your spam folders and see why they cant do your transfer. you most likely have an email like this somewhere.....

Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number.
    • Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address.
    • Daybreak Cash must be on the source account.
    • Ticket must be submitted from the source account (the one with the characters.)
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Not my first time riding this bull. They have sent out two emails and both seem to indicate "delays" due to resources being allocated elsewhere. Mops and buckets for tears, I'd assume.
  4. Naudee New Member

Interesting, have not run into that myself, just transferred my warrior at the beginning of the month, didn't have an issue other than having to set up the two factor on the destination acct
  5. Machentoo Augur

Great idea, make it so only the mass boxers can farm effectively. What could go wrong.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Why even attempt to camp items when you can make 10x more just camping the EC tunnel buying an selling. :confused:

Not even worth the headache on this locked server anyhow.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  7. Ilshade Augur

EVERY single person that trains should be BANNED!!! No exception

there is no justification of doing it - it is harassment - perma ban it should be..
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Trizek Augur

The problem here is that A LOT of players are under the impression that "camp" / "kill" stealing is actually a punishable offense. So when this happens to those players they go ahead and do something that actually is a punishable offense and train them. Feeling that they already had someone breaking a game rule so them breaking a game rule as well will not be as punishing. Which in fact it will very much likely lead to the trainer being suspended and the "camp" stealer nothing being done to them as they technically broke no rules.

It can be somewhat hard to prove that someone trained you to "take" your "camp", but if someone just sits at your "camp" obviously cause they want it, there is no doubt going to be a back and forth argument between the two. And very much likely the person who was there first admitting to going to train them out, which is basically a death(suspension) sentence.

The Devs need to be more open about the fact they do not treat camps as an actual part of this game. 80%+, if not more, of the player base treat and feel that camps are a sole part of the game. So when they're there first, and someone comes in to take control of it, your average player is under the impression that he just broke the rules of the game by taking your camp. Sense 1 rule is broken, they feel its alright to break another rule and train them in attempts to get their camp back. But of course sense camps are not actually part of the game the person who is training the player out of "their" camp is in fact breaking a serious rule.
  9. yerm Augur

I would totally love to play on a reverse-FV server where anything magic or lore is also notrade.
  10. liveitup1216 Augur

This may be your your speed.
    Kyzvs likes this.
  11. Dulu Augur

I don't think DBG should suspend for training, but don't say "Take away the ONLY tools".

If someone snatches something from you in real life and runs off, your ONLY option is not to get in your car, run them over and kill them. Would you be mad at the police for arresting you? You have other options. Fight them, call for help, or write it off as a lesson and move on.

Escalating to training is NOT your only tool to deal with people contesting camps.
  12. Illusory Augur

'Kill stealing' does not cause any experience loss.

Training is against the rules, so I absolutely believe that people should be suspended for at least a week. And, if they are a repeat offender they should be banned. However, you are absolutely right in your points.
  13. nantalbus Elder

na a "1st to hit" system could be made to police itself. All the system need to do is be programed so that if a mob is hit, anyone not in the group/raid or if solo can't even cast on it till it dies or the group/raid/solo dies.

in simple terms If i am in a group/raid and i go tag a mob. only those in the group/raid can cast on it. anyone else comes along and they can't even cast a thing on it. They already have the stuff in game. when you can't cast on x mob for what ever reason.
  14. Risiko Augur

What you are not realizing is that by implementing that, it takes Development Time.

Think about it. They are going with "DPS Wins" because it literally takes NO TIME from ANY DBG resources.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

There's the rub right there. Why waste resources on programming when they already have a solution in place that requires no programming, dev or CS resources that works?
  16. nantalbus Elder

never said they do it. just that it could be made to work.
  17. Illusory Augur

That's not how it works on these servers and they will not be adjusted because that's what you're used to from p99 or World of Warcraft. And, here's a counter argument for you. By game design, first to hit would lead to full zone monopolization. With your logic, you would just need to tag every single enemy in an area and no one else would be able to kill anything.
  18. AgentofChange Augur

If they did that you could also just tag a mob first, train it on a group & essentially force them to kill it or die/keep it mezzed etc. If they kill it you get free loot with 0 effort, congrats!

That's just one of many ways you could abuse a "tag first" system. Guild races would be a disaster as well. It wouldn't matter who brought more people, just who tagged first. "Thanks for spawning Vulak for us, we'll take it from here".

Overall it would be significantly worse than the current system in place.
    code-zero and Illusory like this.
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

Of course they could do it, just like they "could" make a new client, new models, new animations, new graphics...
  20. nantalbus Elder

while i have tried wow i found it to cartoon and more for those who don't want a challenge. As for p99 never tried it. Been playing this game sense just after kunark came out. And all I said was that a 1st to hit setup could be made to work with having to have gm come deal with it cause it could be made to police it self. Never said they had to do it.

But personal while I understand and agree with not being able to claim x group of mobs in a giving area(ie camping) I do not agree with if one group/person is fighting a mob that someone else can come and steal it from them. If someone/group/raid is fighting a mob its should be hands off for anyone else unless that person or group of people die. then its free for the taking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.