Daybreak is suspending for training but not camp stealing.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aowar, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atabishi Augur

These people don't realize that the way its currently ran, is better for them in the long run. If you make it a suspendable offense to come in to a camp that is already controlled by other players, what you will create is a monopoly. A small group of individuals could and will get together, and completely lock down camps 24/7 with 0 risk of ever having their camp taken. DBG could try to set up some type of anti-monopoly system but it would never work as there would be too many ways around it. Having a system in which DPS is king and camps don't exist, is the only logical way to fight against players who wish to monopolize a spawn 24/7. Even I, 6 boxing all dps classes to hold down efreeti, where as it works to fend off the majority of people, a better built group or a raid can still come in and push me out, thus making it impossible for me to 100% monopolize the spawn.

The system you are wanting where its illegal to take a camp from someone else via DPS racing, would only create a world where the casual player gets ZERO camps.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Krimmz The Lizard Journeyman

Knew it was only a matter of time Atabishi and his mage box army showed up in this one

[IMG]
  3. yerm Augur

He's right though. On combine that was what happened - you had places like jaggedpine that just rotated guild members and NEVER allowed in outsiders.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Atabishi Augur

Go play a game where KS'ing is illegal and all you'll see are people monopolizing camps 24/7, thus giving them the ability to control the prices. If you know a better way of preventing both, then go ahead genius lets hear it =) The only time I've seen a no KS system work is when named mobs can spawn anywhere in the zone and not the same spot every time.

Edit: It's necro army, not mage. You think this is amateur hour? I have to be untrainable ya know.
  5. Machentoo Augur

It is very simple. One of these things is currently a violation of the Eula, and the other isn't. You may not like it. I don't like it. But that's where things stand currently.

Your OP subject has been standard practice for DBG for several years now. Really should be no surprises here at this point.
  6. Tevez Augur

Just spit balling here but what if they made it so if a group killed the same name X amount of times after the Xth kill the mob would no longer drop loot for a certain time (better the loot the longer the time).

This allows groups to still farm xp but not dominate loot camps.
  7. Machentoo Augur

This would take some pretty dramatic programming, and would also impact live servers, and would also be exploitable to ****block others, so, probably won't happen.
  8. C3lowz Augur

That's a terrible idea. it penalizes a normal group if they're fighting a not so contested mob. What if you're after a rare named drop? "Well sorry you killed him 6 times, you're now locked out on loot. Maybe tomorrow you'll get the drop"
  9. Tevez Augur

It could just be a 2-4 hour lockout which would give time for another group to come in and then the main group would come back after the timer expired
  10. Kahna Augur

Or we could not implement a bunch of overly complicated rules to try and make it super fair and just let DPS be king. I wonder which option DBG will choose?

You guys are complaining about a rule that is two years old. That ship has sailed. This is the new normal, adapt and overcome. If you don't like it P99 it that way. I hear they enforce camps for you.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

So I'm curious where charming a mob and then gating fits into this, is it griefing or is it allowed, technically you aren't winning any dps races if you do that.
  12. Gleamz New Member

If camps are to work, they need to be policed on both sides. I hate people coming in and stealing camps (I'm one of those that will continue on if I see a particular area camped) but I've also seen the flip side of the coin...

I've been sneak/invis in a room with someone calling a camp, yet the room is completely empty (and stayed that way for 15+ minutes) and I've also seen someone aggro a rare mob that they couldn't kill and run around with it aggroed until more of their friends could come over and help them kill it.

To me, there has to be a fair playground and, back in the day, it was the players that decided this. Unfortunately, that player-base has dwindled immensely since classic EQ and most people are just focused on leveling quick, so they can farm rares for Krono.
  13. Atabishi Augur

I think people have a huge misunderstanding when saying "back in the day" thinking that classic era EQ was some super respectful no ks'ing no training type game, when it was exactly the opposite. I think the majority of players were just extremely naive to what was actually going on. You probably didn't know where all the high value items dropped. You also didn't have general chat, chat channels, and reasonably viewed forum, so information didn't spread as fast. You were also probably completely naive to the amount of RMT'ing going on.

I can tell you with confidence, that back in classic EQ, if you didn't have a huge farm crew, you most likely would never be able to camp something like manastone. That camp was a train KS fest, at least on the server I played on. Even camps like FBSS, YAK, and the DE mask were insanely contested back in classic. RMT'ing was 100x more rampant back in early EQ than it is now. If anyone remembers checking ebay back then, there were thousands of things going up for auction every day. The same went for all the major loot camps in kunark when it first came out. What you are complaining about is in reality, childs play compared to "back in the day." You probably just weren't high enough level or know enough to have ever saw it. You probably weren't even trying to camp those items until kunark or velious was already out.
  14. A Wonderer Journeyman

Thing is these days most people can record gameplay. If you don't have it set up then more the fool you.

Got a whole guild on my kill list right now because of the actions of a group of players in it. Man I love TLP servers! They're actually worse these days because of that quest for Krono!
  15. Phantom Ghost Augur

Not an issue. Lets not make this WoW, where first touch gets xp and loot.
  16. Rhodz Augur

Yeah I mean they went to all the trouble of making those yellow lines on the ground that designates what areas a camp includes and all...
    Do you people even play the same game?
  17. Drakkal Elder

This is more false then true. While all of this did happen back in the day, it was nowhere near as rampant, for a few different reasons:
    1. Reputation mattered
    2. It was not easy to get a name change, refer back to (1)
    3. It took a very long time to level and gear yourself, refer back to (1, 2)
    4. There was a REAL customer service team, that DID intervene when things got out of hand
    5. RMT did occur, but where also continuously tracked down and accounts were banner, refer back to (4)
    6. You may have gotten away with training a group or KSing a mob, do it a couple times, a few petitions later, a GM was there to ban, exile you to somewhere you didn't want to be, refer back to (4). Trust me I was personally ported to the Hole for being an , and watched an entire guild ported in front of Cazic Thule for KSing attempting to KS AoW. I have also witnessed a GM take gear from someone who KSed the AC in South Ro and give it back to the rightful person.

I would have to completely disagree with your second paragraph base on my memory. I played Beta and then on until OoW. From what I recall no one knew the DE mask was going away until it was gone when Kunark came out, it rotted a lot. SoE/Verant were not exactly forthcoming with information like this. Also it was months before anyone had any clue exactly what dropped what, remember the massive daily item update lists for Alakazam?
    anathema, Your_Ad_Here and Shaantara like this.
  18. Gingyr Elder

It's clear the op is a p99 snowflake and not cut out for real eq even on a tlp. P99 folks are used to hand holding and getting staff involved when folks take "their" froglok. this approach may "work" (if in your mind, petitioning and waiting two weeks for a response is working to you) when you have a population of 400 people on a single server but fails when you try to apply it to 2 dozen servers with thousands of people on them.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Risiko Augur

There is a simple reason why "DPS Race" is in place instead of "First to Hit". The policy polices itself.

A DPS race is determined in-game by the system based on which group did the most damage to the mob. It's simple, and handled by the game. No GM is required to interfere.

The "first to hit" system requires a GM to step in and police the situation when someone that did not hit the mob first ends up out damaging the person/group that hit the mob first.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

11 days and still waiting on a character transfer. Lets stop focusing all our attention on the complaints of Agnarr and remember other servers existed before it where these complaints were already resolved.
    Johnwick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.