Do I need to petition to complete a server x fer?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eqgamer, May 11, 2017.

1. eqgamer Augur

I know there's been an issue for some time now with server transfers...am I to petition for help or just keep randomly attempting until it goes through?
    Makta likes this.
  2. moogs Augur

Are you using the server transfer token from the marketplace or a different method?
  3. eqgamer Augur

I'm using the dbg token
    Makta likes this.
  4. lancelove Augur

I cannot make a server transfer work either. Bought the token, click it, get the option to xfer, pick the server, get the window saying it will log me off, click accept and it logs me off, but when I log on the xfer to server the char is not there and still on the xfer from server, and the pop up window is back asking where to xfer to. Rinse and repeat with the same results. Could it be due to the char to xfer is heroic?
    Anyone else having issues atm?
    Makta likes this.
  5. Bluetooth New Member

Having the same problem right now as well cant server transfer ughhh
    Makta likes this.
  6. Dimek New Member

Same issue here, two friends and I having same issues. We all purchased DB token so we could each transfer a character and so far is a no go been 2 hours.
    Zupdok and Makta like this.
  7. Makta Elder

Yeah, this is crap. I came back to play FTP style in March. I found out a lot of my friends are now playing on AB server (I retired on Bertox). So I have resubscribed two accounts, bought expansions on two accounts and have twice encountered this idiotic transfer problem. The first time was in mid-late April when transferring my main toon over there. I am waiting to transfer two alt toons and am having the issue with BOTH. This is the second time in less than a month that the server transfer has been broken for me.

I am serious when I say this is utter incompetence on the part of Daybreak games. Happening once is one thing. Happening twice in a little over 3 weeks is ridiculous. I expect to be compensated if we have to wait for a patch like last time (took them a week to fix).

As I said in the prior thread, I never thought I would see a day when I would miss SOE customer service but man, Daybreak is to SOE what Motel 6 is to Hilton Hotels.
  8. Makta Elder

Did you or anyone else in this thread petition and/or find anything out (ETA on fix etc)?
  9. Raejin Lorekeeper

Maybe you forgot the company that runs this game? LOL who knows when it will get fixed, but I'd assume soonish they're losing $ from transfers being hosed.
    Makta likes this.
  10. Zupdok New Member

That was 12 hours ago, and we are still waiting........thanks Daybreak for helping us relive the good old days playing EQ and complaining about customer service. A bit of advice to Daybreak, if your not going to invest into future products you may want to support the current games making you money as best as possible.
    Makta likes this.
  11. Makta Elder

It looks like it's been going on since Thursday, at least according to the thread starter. It's alread the 4th day being broken and no peep from them. Seems like the only reason it got so much attention last time is because it happened with the 4/18 patch where they broke anchors and doinked Vista/XP users. I have a feeling it could be awhile.
    Zupdok likes this.
  12. Raytan Augur

I don't know if this will help, probably not, but maybe worth trying. There was another thread in the past with a similar problem, but I can't find it at the moment so I can't link it. But their problem was their name, someone already had it, and you didn't get a message that you're name was not acceptable, it just didn't work. As I recall, they logged into the server they wanted to go to, tried to create a character with the name they wanted, and if it didn't work, kept trying until they found a good name. Deleted the character and went with the name they found worked. *Shrug* May or may not help, but they couldn't go to the new server because the name they wanted was already taken and they didn't get a message, they just couldn't transfer. I don't know if it's the same problem.
    Makta likes this.
  13. Makta Elder

It's a good idea, because it's doing the exact same thing (acting like the name is available but it's not, but I can confirm 100% that is not the case this time. I reserved (made a toon with the same name) on the server I wished to transfer too, and deleted it before I clicked the transfer. On the other one the name was already taken so I experimented, even just added 2 or 3 random letters after the name, and it still didn't work.

So yeah, its doing the exact same thing as before, but this time it's not the name showing available when it really isn't bug.
  14. Buffinum New Member

same rubbish here , have created a ticket , and tweeted (they are patently ignoring the tweet despite answering KOTH boys)
    Makta and Zupdok like this.
  15. Dimek New Member

If the server transfers are broken they should be pulling the token from the store. I to have tweeted and petitioned.. so far no response on either, even though they responding to other tweets. Guess since they have my money from getting the DB cash to get the token it does not matter.
    Makta likes this.
  16. Buffinum New Member

I paid with paypal for my token , i might start a dispute .... that would get their attention im sure.

Also prolly get my account banned from spite
    Makta likes this.
  17. Zupdok New Member

So myself and a few friends, Dimek who has posted in this thread previous being one, decide to play some EverQuest together to relive some old times and experience the game as it is now. We decide to start fresh on a new server to us, Firiona Vie. So a few hours into our weekend we discover that Firiona Vie is a rough server to start fresh on. Prices in bazaar are extremely high and consist mostly of high end items. So we decide to each transfer a toon from a different server we have played on before with some bags and enough plat to cover spells until we get established. I myself buy 2500 Daybreak Cash, grab a token from Marketplace and use it. I haven't transferred a toon on EverQuest before so I logout and wait for transfer to complete, as I expect you are suppose to do. It's Monday morning and weekend is over and still no transfer, why? Lost almost a weekend of playtime with my friends and the only responses from @DaybreakHelp are "petitions are first come first server" and "we have limited staff on weekends". (because limited support staff during the weeks peek playtime makes sense) Why have a service available that is not working correctly? I suggest removing items from Marketplace that are not working as intended to prevent others from wasting time and money as we have. I understand having limited support staff is good for your bottom line but if they are that busy that you are still solving Saturday's issues on Monday is it really good for your bottom line? I play MMOs with my friends and if we decide to play another one because of poor customer service is that good for your bottom line? I know we aren't alone with customer service issues.....is that good for your bottom line? Lastly I'm sure there are previsions in the end user agreement that EverQuest is provided without warranty and they aren't legally obligated to give a hoot about customer service issues, a character transfer is provided when and if they feel like it but come on........is that good for you bottom line? Sorry for the rant, can't believe I posted it honestly.
    Makta likes this.
  18. Buffinum New Member

Well, day 2, same old rubbish, still not working, still no response from dbg... Still selling tokens on the store.....
    Makta likes this.
  19. Dimek New Member

I am still waiting on a response to my ticket that I made 2 days ago about this.. but hey at least I got a response on twitter yesterday.. they told me to submit a ticket....
  20. Thistlehoof New Member

I am having the same issue. Ticket submitted days ago, no response..