Solo Class on Agnar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dioc, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Dioc Lorekeeper

Looking to come back to play on Agnar when it's released. I haven't played since PoP way back in the day. Not being familiar with EQ on how it's changed throughout the years, what will be a good solo class on Agnar end game. I do not care so much about the speed of solo leveling, I'm more concerned with what class can solo harder mobs. Solo is my preferred play style as I have little time to play, so which classes will be the better solo ones when the server hits it's final goal.

Thanks for any answers.
  2. Bewts Augur

Enchanter is going to be the only class that might be able to solo "named" in PoP. Even then, you're subject to charm breaks and the pet still may not have enough HP to tank down a named w/out a heal.

The reality is you'd want to run at least a duo and preferably a trio (Ench/Dru/Shm or Ench/Clr/Shm).
  3. Dioc Lorekeeper

Do shamans lose their solo power past Velious. From what I remember they were solo beasts along with necromancer undead charm. I can see how enchanters would be amazing but I have never been fond of them.
  4. Astley Augur

They've been messing around with DoTs for Live servers on Druids/Shamans/Necros... in such a way that it is negatively affecting the TLP servers (changes that work on Live, when spread out are more harmful on the lower level versions of the DoTs)

So, I think all three of those have lost SOME solo-capability. Necros still probably the top of the list.
  5. Prisim Lorekeeper

True solo, druid is a viable option. Early on you melee, transitioning to a mix of root rotting (recently took a hit), animal charming or fear kiting, and eventual quad kiting. Being able to port around the map for good areas is very helpful. Their potential hits full stride when you have Call of Karana (52) and also Tunare's Renewal (58) to efficiently heal your pet. Locations are limited for charm killing as you need a worthwhile animal but there is at least one good zone in each expansion for 50+ charm killing. I never really used charm at lower levels so I can't comment on that. In PoP on my druid I can solo charm kill xp faster than probably 90% of the groups I could join and the pets are pretty mean.
  6. Sindssygwiz New Member

what zone is that?
  7. Quazilla Journeyman

PoStorms you have the frogs
    PoTactics in the pit in the pig pen you can charm the pigs there
  8. Kaedra New Member

There are dark blue Gamite frogs you can charm in Valor.
  9. Razzle Augur

Shaman/Druid/necro can solo pretty easy in PoP without much risk. I also soloed with my ranger after he got a elemental bow and some pop gear. Charming is fast kills but risk is higher. Just depends on how you want to play it.
  10. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Necros are spoken for. I'm playing necro and there can be only one.
  11. Dioc Lorekeeper

I was actually leaning towards Shaman because I love the Troll race, but after reading these posts on shamans and dot damage is that going to affect my ability to solo in PoP?
  12. AgentofChange Augur

Don't worry. That class is so bad you'll be all that's left in pop.
  13. Razzle Augur

I am wondering about that too. Guess we will see what they do to the shaman class on Agnarr.
  14. fransisco Augur

whats so bad about necros on tlps? Aside from the pet issues
  15. Brunlin Augur

Necromancer is a very easy one to solo. Also, if you did decide to group,necromancer can find group easier these days as opposed to true classic.
  16. malaki Augur

Necros are actually awesome early on. Around Luclin and PoP though the fall behind most of the other DPS classes.
  17. Razzle Augur

At least a necro can solo in all xpacs, heh.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Which is great, if it weren't for the huge bonuses to group xp.
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Your group needs to not have someone stupid enough to wipe it in order to claim the bonuses. Dying reduces efficiency.
  20. Razzle Augur

Its nice to be able to do both. I dont think most people want to solo, just happens sometimes.