Leveling Guides?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by davontis, Mar 8, 2017.

1. davontis New Member

Hey,

When I google for EQ leveling guides I keep finding this guy "alamar or akabar's leveling guide" and he keeps talking about boxing and nothing extremely helpful.

Does anyone know if there are better leveling guides?

Is it best to just follow where the hero's journey takes you from level 1 onward?
  2. Fohpo Augur

Can check out Almar's
  3. Tereil Elder

Hero's journey is a pretty good place to work from. Also the Teek dailies, in PoK near the GL door, once you get high enough level. (20-30? It's been a while since I've talked to him) those zone are sometimes decent to grind XP in, if that is your thing.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. moogs Augur

You must have been in the wrong place, because all of the leveling guides are there (first link posted by CatsPaws) and they have more information than you will ever need.
  6. davontis New Member

do you have to two box to level and obtain aa in a decent time frame?
  7. Outlander Engine Elder

In general, a two box will level faster than a one box with a merc. How much so depends on your class.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well AA start happening around level 50 and up. So if your just starting you have a bit before you get there. If your a paying sub you can auto-grant and not worry about earning them thru experience, except for a few that are not covered in auto grant. If your a free player then AA are kinda limited as you only get 250. And that is not much.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

10. Ishtarrak Journeyman

You can solo any class pretty well up to around 60-65 using a tank merc. After that, the mobs start to scale up faster than the merc does and you will find yourself either slowing down significantly and your class becomes a major factor again in how well you can solo.
  11. davontis New Member

I noticed I'm really leveling fast. already 25 in 10 hours and some of that is afk time where the char is sitting and I wasted 1 hour attempting to go to palugal caverns (best spots are all along heros journey from what I have found).

So I am a 25 beastlord atm. Is it really hard making the jump from 65 - 95 solo???

Is it just going to be a futile effort without buying heroic character?
  12. davontis New Member

I clicked the auto grant feature - but I am only level 25. I also did not log out and back in after clicking. So with my all access (paying sub). I get some free AA even w/o spending DBCash?
  13. davontis New Member

Do you use two screens to two box on your one pc? My PC's pretty good, just only have 1 monitor, but I can change that.

Also would it hurt to two box with one box being a F2P and other a sub?
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are not of a level to get any yet:( But when you are level 51 they will be granted since you chose the auto grant. When you ding that level a bunch of yellow emotes will cross your chat screen saying you earned this and that. Do not spend any DB Cash yet. Can't for AA anyway as they appear to be missing from the marketplace.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I use one monitor. One computer. I usually play 2 pay accounts and about 3 or 4 free accounts on that set up at a time. Others use more. Some folk use two monitors. Try it, its really easy. I use multiple downloads with their own icons (that is just easier for me) and they stay at the bottom of my windows screen toolbar. That way I just click which one I want to bring up. Even my old store bought computer could 2 box.
  16. Ishtarrak Journeyman

Depends on how you define "hard." Leveling will definitely slow down after 65, especially if you are soloing. The mobs scale up hitpoint/damage wise versus your mercs ability to handle them. That's why many folks recommend two-boxing at this point as a decent two-box (with two mercs) can continue to level pretty easily.

There are also still some family guilds around that can help support the leveling process with decent groups (Lions of the Heart on Xegony is one). And grinding levels without green chat is boring.

For the AAs -- outside of the "Veteran" reward AAs and Origin, you don't start getting AAs until level 51; and those are fairly limited. Your core AAs begin at 55 (Combat Agility, etc.). Autogrant is great for getting immediate access to AAs for your level - my only caution is that, if you don't have prior experience with the AAs, you can get overwhelmed with a bunch of new AAs you haven't used before. I like to "earn" the AAs on classes that are new to me so I can better learn how to use the AA over time, but that's purely personal preference.

On screens - you can certainly two-box on a single screen and alt-tab between the two. It's not difficult at all to get used to. Dual monitors is very nice to have though if it's an option. Boxing with a F2P character should work fine - just know that the character is limited to 250 AAs and will have a less effective merc so they will definitely be the weak link in your group.

Good luck!
  17. Outlander Engine Elder

I actually use three screens, since I three box. You can pick up a cheap 17" or 19" LCD at Goodwill for $15 to $25. Or watch Craigslist. Almost any PC can drive two monitors. Having that second screen is a real convenience.

I use two EQ folders. The second folder is set up for my boxing accounts. I use a lower resolution and lower graphics settings for that game instance, especially since it's on a 19" monitor.

I also use a programmable keyboard / gamepad so that I don't have to alt+tab between the two windows, but that's an entirely different subject. Get a little more experience and you'll see how using the EQ macro commands for things like /assist and /attack can really help.
    CrazyLarth likes this.