Failing the smell test...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Champ, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Champ Lorekeeper

I play this game from anywhere to 2 hours to 6 hours a day. I don't have time to look for a group, and quite frankly during the campaign season I couldn't stand Hillary supporters and their smug comments. I have the resources of multiple computers, so why not use them.

The thing is I have my own group, 5 mages and a cleric. I have been in Old Seb for almost a month. Really, I hate this zone. I seriously am getting sick of it. But why in the hell can't I get at least one Obulous Death Shroud to drop? In four days I will have been there a month, not one has dropped for me.

I hear all the time from some person soloing, and he yells in zone he got one. And there is a guy that boxes at least 12, maybe more that pulls the entire zone and AE's. He brags about getting 2 or more in one pull. I just want two. One for my main mage and one for my cleric.

Am I missing something? Do I need to pay to get into a higher drop rate echelon or something?
  2. Tinytinker Augur

Umm, what does the election have to do with Everquest? No one cares what you think of Hillary supporters. We're just interested in playing the game. Perhaps take the political talk to yahoo comments?
    karmalious, Miss_Jackie and Issk like this.
  3. Strawberry Augur

4. Aegir Augur

Are you sure your camp is set up at a spot where chances are it will eventually drop?

I had a good few Obulous Death Shrouds drop killing in and around the Iksar Jail/Gangrenous Scarab area. 2 times dropped off a Dar Knights in the cubby on the right as you move down towards there through a corridor to the west from zone-in area. I also had 2 times drop off Bok Shamans who are flanking the Gangrenous Scarab or PH inside the Jail area.

I've also seen it drop in Disco and within the large hallway leading down to there, and even in the zone-in Area. If you're camping something like Chef camp and only killing Krup Knights, you will get RBG's and not ODS's.
  5. Pikallo Augur

6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Which camp are you at in Seb?
  7. Fumblingbeebles New Member

If this is true you should have made enough plat to just buy the ones you want by now. The way I view camping an item is I camp it until it drops or I have made enough money from that camp to buy it. Then I move on to the next thing I want to do.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  8. liveitup1216 Augur

I have nothing to input. Just wanted to see rock bottom up close.
    Potawatomi and Genoane like this.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

I guarantee a bok shaman never once dropped a ODS for you
  10. Numiko Augur

The only mob that drops the ODS are the Dar Knights, I've gotten 3 killing them killing mobs about the exit area while camping the bugs/guardian area.
    Ronzark likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

12. AgentofChange Augur

13. Pikallo Augur

So the one I got from a bok just didn't happen? I 100% guarantee they can drop from a bok, as I have seen it with my own eyes, looted it, and continue to use it.
  14. Aegir Augur

I can confirm it dropped of a Bok Shaman. I was of the belief that only Dar could drop it as well - but some bored grinding down there while at work proved me otherwise. I'd still say that the majority of ODS drops comes from Dars.
    Pikallo likes this.
  15. Guzzle Augur

I was out after I read this. What the ?
  16. AgentofChange Augur

I suppose I will put it in the realm of possibility, but I do not believe you.
  17. Varisath1 New Member

I've gotten all 3 ODS's that I've personally looted off the same mob - a dar PH for the crypt caretaker. I know the game is complete RNG and crazy situations like this happen but I am a believer in that PH!
  18. tmd1 New Member

Seriously if you don't think it drops off any bok or dar, you haven't been around long enough, because it definitely drops off either.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If tmd1 is who I think it is, he would know better than anyone ;)
  20. Holybeard Journeyman

Wah wah I six-box casually for a couple hours a day. I am entitled to one of the rarest drops in the game.

No, you're not. Grind harder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.