intentional Training is permitted?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Myth, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myth Elder

Phinny server....we were in SSeru setting up for a Prao
    Guild that starts with E...ends with E....had one of their necros train the entire zone upon us so we wouldnt get the mob they were after...

is nothing done to these people?
  2. Machen New Member

Suggest you fraps it, /report it while it is happening, make sure your fraps catches the /report, then submit it in a petition. Apart from that, no, nothing is done to these people.

Also in before the lock (where they tell you to submit a petition instead of posting here on the forums about these things.)
  3. Pikallo Augur

Sounds like it wasn't a very Pleasant Experience :(
    Bruticeobv and Heartland like this.
  4. Tueful New Member

I helped kill the guys to finish three keys. Every single time we killed one, somebody trained us. Usually it was Bregan DAerth or however you spell that guild, and a few times it was Echoes of Elysium. What was really funny is the Bregan guys would train us and then die to the Praesertum over and over.
  5. Draekon Elder

You have to record it, if they do it multiple times its pretty much guaranteed suspension, and /report <name> too. It takesa while for GM to respawn
  6. Progress Augur

EoE (former Vulak guild) and BDA (former p99 guild) are guilds to avoid. The best thing to do is find another pick if you are in the same zone as them or you will trained. Don't bother arguing with them or complaining about their players training as their officer are involved or don't care. On a positive note the decent players from these guilds have either done the smart thing and moved to other guilds or quit.
  7. Finnster Elder

but to answer the original question: Some guilds allow training and some don't.

You might think this is a strange answer and not a good one. But it is what it is.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

I see what you did there. ;)
  9. Warlorf Augur

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully those involved were taken care of by their leadership, and you the players were able to recover and carry on.
  10. ChantingBard New Member

Karael has said over TS3 that he is very adamant that every other guild has trained him at some point, and therefore approves of other guilds being trained... Vigorously. He is also very vocal about his love for abusing game mechanics.

I Shourd wouldn't want to be in that guild.

Just look at their homepage: http://www.echoesofelysium.com/ They boast of getting called out for training people. Just a big ol guild of trolls.

Hi Mabbu, that includes you.
  11. MabbuPhinny Augur

I just want to point out that <Echoes of Elysium> starts with the letter 'E' and ends with the letter 'M'.

<Entendre> must be the guild you are looking for here...
    Finchy likes this.
  12. trevock Augur

The only guilds I've seen training people are Odio and The Broken Wave. I know Original Gangster Club gets alot of hate, but every time I've run into one of their members, they've been pretty cool. Also, Echoes of Elysium are one of the good guy guilds.
  13. Dracule New Member

You must not be farming VT shards lately. Ive been trained and camp stolen by OGC twice at two different shard camps.
  14. trevock Augur

Yea I haven't been farming shards.
  15. Finchy Augur

we are currently recruiting.
  16. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

17. Jaera Augur

What?

The only "guild" that ever went out of their way to intentionally train me, and I'm smart enough to modify this down to "person", in almost all of my time in EverQuest is Thogg on Fippy. I get concerned about it every time I'm out doing something and see people roll up into my camp without having done a courtesy camp check, but 95 out of 100 times people say 'hey just wanted to see if someone was here' and they'll leave (or leave w/o saying anything), and the other 5 times they'll just try to take the camp/mob from me, not train me over it.

I've said repeatedly I personally don't like that training exists and would prefer if it didn't happen at all by anyone, but I find this mostly to be a failing of EverQuest in allowing it to happen in the first place. Its been a problem for 17 years that they've left to GMs to subjectively deal with. There should be proper protections in place to at least give people a chance to escape even without evac, or even better, a grace period of time to be able to react without having to abandon what they're doing entirely.
  18. Raytheon Augur

Rough solution to intentional training by FD classes:

if <mob target> casts/activates "Feign Death" AND <mob hatelist> contains PCs not in <mob target> group/raid

then

1. <mob target> Fails FD
    2. Mob Deathtouches <mob target>
    3. Mob Returns to Spawn (i.e. self-Highsun)
    4. Mob Self memblurs at spawn.
  19. Machen New Member

Yes, this would effectively eliminate monks as pullers altogether.
  20. ChangedName Lorekeeper

As long as they aren't afk, they are legit. :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.