"...they will not change their decision..."

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chanaluss, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1219?focusedCommentId=61592&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-61592

official response, finally, regarding Phinigel's combination of Gates and Omens. Yeah.

Edit: not done yet. I came to this server to PROGRESS THROUGH EXPANSIONS. And I wont even get a chance to do that. Thanks Daybreak.
  2. Machen New Member

Classic DBG.
    Happyfeet GOML likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

is there any reason they cant communicate to us about this? its the one issue pretty much the whole community feels the same about, and they are dead set on going through with the idiotic idea of merging the expansions into 1?
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  4. Brilhasti Elder

Disgraceful. Everyone is against it. Absolutely everyone I know in the game is against it. Everyone paying your wages is against it. Truly baffling way to treat your customers to be honest.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

While I am somewhat neutral, I won't be white knighting for Daybreak (which is what many players do when they don't care one way or the other about complaints, they attack the complainers), I stand with you in pointing out that they are not listening. Or perhaps more accurately, listening and taking zero corrective action.
  6. Morgen Elder

DBG: listen to your customers! You have probably a couple thousand subscribers, and judging from the responses in multiple threads, the vast majority are against this, which wasn't even in the original plan for Phinigel. Responsiveness to your community matters.
  7. Numiko Augur

who the heck is muramas and why is he making pronouncements about EQ??
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  8. Tudadar Augur

Hopefully they did it because of a new progression launch around that time, but we'll see next year.
  9. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

This is a truly disgusting course of action.

If it's one thing the community came together and agreed on, it's this matter. The straw poll before it was pulled yielded 90%+ positive rankings towards GoD/Omens being unlinked, there are 30+ pages on the matter with overwhelming feedback.

This was a change from the original ruleset. This has cost the server numerous subscriptions as a result of the advertised change.

The community DESERVES and explanation as to why this change occurred, who the decision makers were, and why it's not reversed yet.

Again, the indicated change was "GoD is too tough". I can assure you, GoD is NOT as difficult as it was back in the day. It has been detuned several times, and was a joke on prior TLPs. Source: I lead Citizen on Fippy, we were doing Uqua runs in under 35 minutes IN ERA. Every single guild that got into Tacvi beat it from my recollection.

The ONLY other reason I see this being bundled is the DBG team does not want to even work on GoD instancing.

That is not a problem in itself - the majority of GoD is already instanced. The ONLY thing that needs to be instanced in GoD is all of Txevu, and Cragbeast Queen - easy fixes.

The current course adds LDON as a STAND ALONE expansion after PoP. This is a WASTE of time and of an expansion. Mix it with either PoP/LoY, or launch it in conjunction with GoD.

I urge DBG to follow the will of the people, and follow through what was originally promised. The community deserves that.
    ElaidaTL and Machen like this.
  10. MabbuPhinny Augur

I don't think anyone at Daybreak associated with EQ really understands this game anymore. You need a players panel for TLP servers for this reason. This is just madness. Whoever is making these decisions does not understand your game Daybreak.
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  11. Krimzin Augur

I honestly think they want the server to die after PoP so they can start a new one and suck in a new player base to a "fresh race"
    Tudadar and ElaidaTL like this.
  12. Champ Lorekeeper

DBG is busy suspending people afk skilling up on pets, swimming, and even my level one cleric in it's starting city standing at a spell vendor (I kid you not) and never answering my petition until the suspension was over.

Like they have time to consider what the players want. They are on the edge of their seat looking for afk'ers. Considering the future of Phinny? Ain't nobody got time for that.

[IMG]
  13. Rovell Elder

14. ElaidaTL Augur

logging in for the first time in months just to say.. DBG you dumb. Listen to your players. Worse. Idea. Ever.
  15. Brilhasti Elder

The party line ladies and gentlemen, tow the party line.

16. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

I'm not against it. So...?
  17. Delphwind Augur

Now to really blow your minds ... this won't be the only xpac to be merged. Expect each level cap increase from here in out to be within one or two releases.

This is already all but set in stone if you read the dev blog.
  18. malaki Augur

Except that's different than merging 2 expansions with different level caps.
    snailish likes this.
  19. Brilhasti Elder

Is this just Phinny or is the same thing going to happen on Ragefire?
  20. snailish Augur

I'd be in favor of GoD being it's own release even if it was tuned from it's original "too hard" launch version. A version that was heavily nerfed over a decade ago and afaik has never been seen again. GoD has worked fine on other progression servers. I probably won't be "in era" for GoD content anyways, but I have no issue with that. I may even enjoy that slight amount of time to catch up a bit.

Maybe GoD has been a point where internal numbers show server playerbase decline, but I doubt that truly hurts Phinny (I play there, the population is currently huge, I think it has lots of time to decline to low pop over multiple eras).

If there isn't dev time to instance the few parts of GoD that "need it", then don't. There's an awful lot to do in the game by that point if a guild doesn't want to share/fight over a couple of raid targets.

Once you are past Omens of War, there is a compelling case to bundle up many of the same level cap expansions. People will want Underfoot on its own though (to name one) and TSS should be allowed to be its own as it is a great re-entry and second-wind point for a server (even if one despises Drakkin).

It's a super easy win situation for Daybreak: "We've looked at our options for streamlining progression. After OoW we will be combining some expacs as follows... As of LDoN we will be leaving the instance/open world balance as-is. As of PoP we are not rebuffing NPC, but will be increasing the global XP rate on Phinigel." --they could probably even leave out the xp normalization, but why not go for epic victory in one announcement?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.