Why is AUDprice so high?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bigfan, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Bigfan Augur

139.99 US Dollar equals
    184.86 Australian Dollar
    You guys are charging 30$ more!
    EXPLAIN
  2. denrg New Member

Its not DBG charging extra. its the exchange rate from AU dollars to US. 1 US dollar equals around 70 cents australian
  3. Endless Augur

4. Bigfan Augur

Yes but it's 218.70 and to buy it, so 30 more
  5. Fnyanea Augur

Was the same last year too for TBM.... its messed up.
  6. Riou EQResource

Aren't you used to this in Australia? Even standard 60$ US games are like 90-100$ in Australia.

The avg cost of living for country seems to be this inflated too on avg.
  7. Endless Augur

Do they tax stuff like this over there?
  8. denrg New Member

yep just checked. im australian and its 218$
  9. JustAQuestion Elder

Same for EUROPE:

$139.99 are not 149.64€, should be 126.02€.
    If I chose GBP £109.12 ~ 122.1€

Please explain this!
    You are exporting into the EU, why are the Prices for each Country another one?

Please let me buy this game with GBP...
  10. Captain Video Augur

Customers in the EU have to pay VAT.
    Sancus likes this.
  11. JustAQuestion Elder

@Captain Video: So the $US price is without tax?
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

13. JustAQuestion Elder

Its not really different.

EU is a Union each Country got his own Tax Level like States... but you call it VAT if you Import things like Software.

Thats why i asked if the $US price was with taxes or without.
  14. Wha? Journeyman

Easy fix ~ move to a country like Russia, China or North Korea where it's all run by crooks. Buy the keys you want in say, Pyongyang dirt cheap & tax free. Use your "legit" keys while you are still in North Korea, so that when the Russians who own EQ/Daybreak ban your account for using a legit Russian key in a foreign country you can tell them you got it from a friend of theirs.
  15. Behee Augur

It's the price without taxes.
  16. Captain Video Augur

It should also be noted that software prices in AUS are out of whack with the rest of the world when exchange rates are considered, this anomaly has been going on for years and is not specific to EQ. It's a government thing, but I don't pretend to understand it. I live in the USA, which as everyone knows is the AUS upside down.
  17. Geroblue Augur

My understanding is its the exchange rate, and the sale is taking place in San Deigo, California. Purchaser is outside of that city and county. So lots of other things are taken into consideration. Not everywhere in the US/business collects local taxes for a purchase outside that area. I think its up to the business to collect the tax on Internet sales and forward it to the appropriate state and local revenue. In the US, its done differently for every town, county, stater, and the federal level. Some towns have their own sales tax, some counties have their own sales tax. This is in addition to any state and federal sales tax.

The added fees Australia charges for software, would be more of an import tarriff rather than a tax.
  18. Wha? Journeyman

Surely there exists a better scam than paying taxes. Amazon avoids it with billions of dollars quarterly, the Chinese do it >$580,000,000,000.00/yr, the Wealthy do it with everything, and somehow the US added ten trillion tax-free to the deficit in one man's term.

Let's start up a GoFundMe account for these unlucky few that still do
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I mentioned this in veterans lounge also, its not DB that sets it.

"From 1 January 2015, new EU tax rules will require value added tax (VAT) to be charged on paid digital content (like video games, apps, digital music and video) at the VAT rate of each EU country where its customers are based."
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.