Most rediculous bugs after patches?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiffy31, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

Was just having a laugh with a friend about the time Mages were bugged and could summon unlimited pets. Remember seeing pics of a guy soloing Efreeti Lord camp with like 10 of each pet out. Has anything else like this ever happened?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

I mean, there WAS the, like, half a year's worth of patches during Velious that just chain broke bards. Sometimes just didn't work, sometimes wild nonsense.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Flagging pok as a pvp-zone when they merged the zek-serves comes to mind, that was pure mayhem!! :eek:
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

During SoD, when they reworked Finishing Blow, there was a bug that caused Finishing Blow to trigger on non-fleeing NPCs. I recall some current content raid mob just melting from 40-0% in a matter of seconds because of it.

For awhile in RoF Druids had the ability to stack enough divine save buffs/AAs that you had over 100% and could not be killed except by a DoT. That was fun for awhile.

I heard about this one a few years ago - Paladins using Act of Valor in conjunction with something else like another AA maybe MGB or something? If they tried to use both it would temporarily crash a zone and upon reset any raid mob in the zone would be up.
  6. Tharrg Augur

Once a warrior soloed a green. Completely broke the game.
    Narye, Metanis, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  7. Raynard Augur

Instant refresh of Harm Touch way back in the day
    Lufraki likes this.
  8. -wycca Augur

Monk Treant Fists originally would proc cheal every weapon swing. Back then that meant soloing some hill and sand giants and being uber.
  9. Dabrixmgp Augur

it was a right click, not a proc. Because, well gloves dont have procs.

Casting Levi on people in oldschool Bazaar and pushing them into the Arena was pretty hilarious.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Brock Landers Journeyman

Not a bug but back in Kunark (maybe velious?) they stealthed in for just a day the ability to log in as a controllable NPC. A button at character select logged you in as a random NPC in the newbie zones, the fields outside Freeport and Qeynos, Misty Thicket etc.
    Was a blast running around kiting and jousting newbs who had no idea, killing them as level 1 snakes.
    Was only up for a day or two before they stopped, apparently disrupted gameplay too much hehe
    Lufraki, Honeybadger and Tatanka like this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That was Project M, it wasn't soft launched at all. It was such a fun experiment, and it was only on Test.
  12. Brock Landers Journeyman

it went to live for at least a day or two.
  13. Dabrixmgp Augur

there was also a PvP one with perma death
  14. RPoo Augur

When friendly stasis first came out live, could mez ANYTHING with it, raid bosses, etc with no refresh timer. whoopsy.
  15. Eaiana Augur

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but there was a bug that caused my friend's gnome necromancer to be almost as tall as the library in PoK. Gnomes were like godzillas.
  16. Brock Landers Journeyman

I think it was an illusion bug (or there was another similar situation with illusions heh), a few clicky illusions and some chanter stuff maybe that would cause you to grow but you could click it off and recast and it kept making your toon bigger. it got a little out of hand when guild lobby was getting full of giant toons hehe.
  17. Tvarian Augur

There was the armor bug where if you crouched as a troll, you looked as if you had a huge... codpiece.

The bug I hated was when they had something that duped plat. Anyone that had any interaction with the duped plat got rolled back. I had a toon rolled back 3 days after a weekend of EQ play, losing a bunch of levels, gear, flags, etc., all because I purchased some alacrity potions in the bazaar from someone who had duped plat. Lots of people got rolled back on that one.
  18. GoneFission Augur

I lost a level plus in the plat dupe bug. I bought something from someone in the bazaar. Some of the dupers tried to lock their gain by trading or handing it off to friends or alts. Sony just rolled back everyone who touched the identified exploiters. As I recall, it had to do with a tradeskill combine that sold for more than the components. Patient people made millions back when more than a few hundred thousand plat was massive.

I also remember seeing players posting about an unexpected patch effect making charm work too well. The discussion I saw about it was chanters telling Sony about the problem and being told yeah, yeah. So they sent in a screenshot of a charmed raid boss, and the servers came down within a half hour. I remember the shutdown and the screenshot posted, but I can't remember the raid boss.
  19. A-Quad Augur

'twas the night before Underfoot went live. I was waiting for a particular mob to spawn in The Hole - for my ranger epic quest. While clearing local mob spawns and roamers, I eventually noticed that I was getting an obscene amount of AA experience from the green trash... like, several AA per kill. It was a hilarious sh1tsh0w - and hell yes I took advantage of it! Amassed a good 400 or so AAs before my mob spawned. Killed him then left to complete my epic. Apparently, the Hole mobs near the new zone line to UF somehow landed on the soon-to-go-live UF experience table.

the punchline: I logged in the next day to find my character rolled back, and epic gone lol

good thing it only took me like 2-3 hours to redo those last quest steps.
  20. Eaiana Augur

The bug that I remember like this was when and expansion went live (Dragons of Norrath or Depths of Darkhollow maybe?) and they left the beta vendors of tradeskill items in the game in PoK. People bought the rare tradeskill drops and made the best cultural armor in the game within the first few minutes of the expansion being live, then sold it and utterly polluted the economy. They did selective rollbacks of the exploiters and the people who bought from them, but the "infection" was viral - some people got rolled back just for moving items from a main to a mule character, or purchasing something innocuous from the bazaar.