Sleepers Tomb - Ancients

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warco, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yerm Augur

I sincerely do hope in all honesty that people who can't stand me DO put me on ignore. I'm well aware my posts ramble up a storm on top of being particularly harsh on groups (eg your guild) that I don't REALLY have anything against, I just can't stand some of your guildmates here.
  2. Monkiy New Member

Poorest comeback in forum history hahaha

They might be seen by some as blocking and not in the spirit of things but dude that was so weak.

I actually feel bad for you
    Belit and Coka like this.
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

I tend to respect anyone who types coherently, so i have no problem with you =p
    You are generally fairly reasonable, even if a bit trollish at times =p

But when I see "Yerm" I instantly think "5 paragraphs inc"

lol.
    Belit and Qelyn like this.
  4. bodes Augur

The whole situation just shows that DW decision making process is to simply copy what previous uber guilds have done on previous servers. They don't understand the Sleeper's Tomb zone or it's itemization. They don't understand how or why previous "uber guilds" became uber. They have no idea how to properly manage time in a 7 month era. All they know is that "previous uber guilds did this so we should too because we're uber now".

It's why people keep calling DW the #2 guild, they just don't seem to "get it".
  5. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

This guy is the biggest steaming pile on the EQ forums. His only response is to constantly tell people with different viewpoints to stop Forum Questing.

Get a better handle of the English language before you come back here, boy.

Can't wait until the servers get merged, you'll have no way to Escape!
  6. Qelyn Augur

I think the biggest problem people on this forum seem to have with DW awakening Sleeper so early is the fact that you guys have so long in Velious that while, yes, Ancients have a better overall loot table than Warders, there is no reason to screw yourself and your monks/bards/rogues/people who want SoD's over so early by loosing out on those items so fast into the expansion. And like it or not, that's what you guys did. DW as a guild decided that rather than take a few extra weeks to farm those items that will no longer drop, even if it meant having to share with another guild, that they would rather salt the earth and make sure no one gets them.

Honestly, I can understand the mentality of doing that if Sleeper HAD to be awakened in order to progress to Luclin. Then yeah, while it sucks, you do what you gotta do to keep moving. But it sounds like it didn't, and you guys just did it because you didn't want to share. And having been in/am currently in a guild that would rather take everything if possible, I get that sharing is not necessarily top on the priority list. But sometimes it's better than the alternative.

Either way, DW at least appears to be content with what they did. So grats to you lucky few that got sweet Warder loot! Have fun farming Ancients!
    Belit likes this.
  7. GriggyAB New Member

You really have no idea about Darkwind, I was there when they woke Sleeper on AB (twice) so please spare me any details on what you think of them, at the time they were not very well liked.

But you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

See they woke the Sleeper again on RF (only guild to wake Sleeper 3 or more times) funny to see so many old DW players again (Euro side) but make no mistake DW have good players and were one of the top guilds in this game at one point in time.

All you seem to do on here is throw about insults at them, at least on AB we were constructive, we actually played there and we knew exactly who we were dealing with, you do not.

If it's the same people, they do not care what you think, you're irrelevant to them. Maybe that is something you cannot understand?

I read here sometimes and as far as I can see DW challenged FI to come over to RF and you didn't accept?

Now all you do is jump on all their posts? quick to call them scrubs but were not up for the challenge?

So far nobody has tried to fight them like we did?

That's all I will say about this because most of you are just all talk.

Glad I decided to play Phini with CC
    Coka likes this.
  8. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

You do realize FI already beat us right? I mean half the guild was on Lockjaw and only exist on Ragefire now because of how bad we got it on Lockjaw.

DW doesn't actually want FI on Ragefire. Anymore than they want TL to come back.

We've already had that fight and lost four times. Once as AD, once as LoZ, once as the Juggernaught, and once as Amicorum.

So trust me, we at DW talk a good game, but we know if FI moved over, we'd get steamrolled.

FI doesn't need to prove they can beat us.....again.
  9. yerm Augur

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-10923.html
    http://www.antonius-bayle.org/index.php?topic=4823.0

Yep, looks like your post is indeed accurate, this is server #3. So basically Darkwind has a long and well established history of waking the sleeper in order to spite their server community? Congratulations Darkwind on a possibly insurmountable achievement of three servers being permanently scarred, at least 2 of those 3 very deliberately done in order to spite your community. I just thought you were a bunch of mostly childish and mediocre players; I had no concept of just how dedicated and vindictive your group truly is after all.
    Dither and bodes like this.
  10. Coka Lorekeeper

Thanks for the kind words, you like Yerm think they speak for the entire forum, how many likes do you have? Looks like you have less than me with a similar number of posts I guess you are also despised by all.

Quick question I have Escape on Lockjaw, obviously if they ever were to merge the servers would the oldest character be the one that I have to name change?
    Belit likes this.
  11. Dral Elder

Collectors of Souls and it's alliance (200+ level 60 toons) has no intention of waking the sleeper - we are in complete agreement with DHS, FI, and other guilds on the server that have a force capable of killing ST key bosses.

As for some sort of secret DW sect on LJ? How do you plan on getting keyed to ST in order to wake him?
    Bewts and Belit like this.
  12. GriggyAB New Member

If you didn't throw in insults like a child yourself I would have probably liked your post but you're no better than the trolls in that sense. Keep calling them mediocre but I'm telling you they're not, they always get things done. I don't know everyone who is left there but I do know most of the core EU are the same DW who did this 14 years ago.

It's one thing sounding bitter when you have been screwed, but as far as I'm aware Yerm you do not play on Ragefire, yet you have so much hatred and bitterness for a guild you have never encountered? why?
  13. Dral Elder

In the past, the oldest character keeps the name and the other gets an X at the end of their name and can name change at any point. However, who knows what they would do going forward.

However, DBGs would be better off aligning expansion release on both LJ and RF somehow (combined vote - maybe) and allowing transfers back and forth between both servers. Seen as we do not have instancing on either LJ and RF, this would probably be the most beneficial resolution to population drop off - over merging.
  14. Coka Lorekeeper

I don't think that would happen somehow, going on previous history. I think though that once Phini surpasses RF that they may open up transfers there? Would make sense and keep the revenue coming.
    Belit likes this.
  15. Dral Elder

Phinigel is currently DBGs cash cow. I'm sure the decreased experience rate there encourages people to fork out $$ for the DGBs store bought experience potions. They will never allow transfers from RF or LJ to Phini. People would power toons on RF or LJ then transfer them to Phini. In addition to the experience differences, there is also the issue of the plat and gear dupes that flooded the market during the free transfers between RF and LJ. The economies are significantly different. The Phini community would never tolerate incoming transfers.
  16. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

The community would have no choice if DBG made it possible.
  17. Dral Elder

Of course - anything is possible. However, they aren't going to allow transfers to Phini. Just like they would never allow transfers from FV to other regular servers.
  18. Prathun Developer

As far as we can tell, it was not possible for the Sleeper's Tomb to transition to the post-awakened state without developer intervention. Granted, this isn't a lot of effort, but it does require someone to remember to pop by and flip the proverbial switch when this occurs once per server... which isn't ideal. We've automated this so that it should work more cleanly in the future. Thanks again!
    Belit, GriggyAB and Coka like this.
  19. EQForumAcct Augur

thanks. it's too bad that you let Darkwind double-dip on the loot the other day when you manually flipped it tho.
  20. Coka Lorekeeper

They didn't let us anything we told them that warders respawned, we killed the warders then ancients, we're happy to beta test.

Thanks as always Prathun, especially for the speedy reply to our messages.
    Belit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.