Sleepers Tomb - Ancients

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warco, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaime Lannister Augur

Grug tries so hard =p
  2. Moranis Augur

3. bodes Augur

DHS is good at Everquest and knows that several months of pre-sleeper loot is the smart decision.

DW awakening the sleeper so prematurely shows a gross lack of understanding for how the zone is itemized or how much this will vilify them in the community. Officially cements their status as "bad at Everquest". The fact that they expected any positive reactions to this thread shows how out of touch they are from the game.
    GrugSA and Lonye like this.
  4. Crackers Augur

Prathun,

Have there been any discussions on how this mechanic will work on Phinny? With instancing in play, will the instances be the same status as the open world current zone, or how does that work? I think for the sake of our community on Phinny, we'd like to know how the mechanic works so we don't necessarily wake the sleeper and screw everyone else out of the opportunity to see the warders potentially.

I'm sure I'm overly optimistic but before we could entertain even the possibility of the community agreeing to anything, it would make sense for us to understand how it will work on our server.

Thanks!
  5. Machen New Member

Doesn't matter how it works, with a community the size of Phinny's you will never get 100% agreement, and it only takes 1 guild to wake the sleeper.
  6. Coka Lorekeeper

We didn't post here for you, we posted here for the devs we don't care what you or anyone on this board especially Faceless Insanity think.

Enjoy forum quest, I'm going to go stick things with my primal spear whilst illusion gnome.

We'll see who wakes the sleeper on Lockjaw, personally I am really looking forward be being involved in it.
  7. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

**EDIT** This is for Phinny only of course **EDIT**
    Remove the Open Zone content completely, and permit only instanced ST... Once an account has been flagged as having woken sleeper, that account can never again open, or enter a pre-awakened instance.

Now everyone can raid what they like, and there's no double dipping by raiding warders in an instance, and ancients in open world!
    Coka likes this.
  8. Gremin Augur

Sleeper zone is already one of the most bugiest zones ever. I would not be surprised if they just leave ST as one zone open world. It will save them from a huge train wreck imo.
  9. taliefer Augur

my personal guess is the first time a guild wakes the sleeper in an instance, it will trigger the flag for post awakened st for the whole server.

whether thats intended or not, no idea. but thats my guess on how its going to play out
  10. bodes Augur

If a dev had to manually flip the status on Ragefire I think we can assume that all conversions of the zone state will be manual. One manual switch of the open world after open world is awoken, then one manual switch of the instance either at the same time or when Luclin unlocks.

Personally I believe (and hope) they just change the instance with the Luclin unlock as it avoids almost all of the drama. ST is still a very desirable zone during Luclin so every guild can spend 18 weeks doing the post-awake version of the zone in that era.

Yes this would potentially lead to both versions being available for some short period of time in Velious, but other than Queena_Brokenhearts who would really care? Doesn't seem like it would hurt anything.
  11. yerm Augur

My guess is that instanced ST will be whatever that instance is and not change without a dev manually flipping a switch (or doing tedious work). Regardless of open world, past instances, or anything of that nature, whatever they put in the instance will be what is always generated by that instance until they manually change it across the board - and at that point it will be the new ST for everyone again regardless of having woken it or not.
  12. Silinius Augur

Actually it won't be awakened. Gremin and I have had discussions about this and other raids in Velious and at this point, DHS and FI have a pretty good working relationship I'd say. (Gremin can chime in himself). In addition, while PoFex is on break until Velious, we've been having some internal chatter around how we will work with them to ensure that The Sleeper remains asleep. The reality is, there are 12 pieces of loot off the Warders (not including Primals). It won't take long for us to get our fill but that doesn't mean we are just going to spite the rest of the server in era.

After Velious? After Luclin - still up in the air as to what will happen. Who knows, maybe waking the Sleeper will be some sort of server event hosted by FI.. but what I know right now is that we intend to keep him asleep for as long as possible so that others can see the content.
  13. Coka Lorekeeper

Cool, but I wasn't talking about either of you two.

Good luck
  14. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a dam*!"

I don't play on Phinny, and don't care for instancing everything to start with. I was simply trying to provide options that could be considered.
  15. yerm Augur

We're all quite well aware that you do not talk about, nor care about, anyone else. You're a guild full of mediocre players who use numbers to flail your way through content and spit on the competition. You have a brief window where your server got an expansion first and your blob force got a lot of the mobs first, and you have a VERY brief period of time where you can convince yourself that people might be taking you seriously and will need to leverage that for all the forum warrioring here you can possibly get in.

Good luck to you too.
  16. Silinius Augur

Yup good luck to you too....
  17. Coka Lorekeeper

You may not have realised but due the amount of rubbish you talk you're actually on ignore by most of the people who post on here, hence why you barely get a reply.

I only saw this as I was logged out on my phone.

Have fun.
  18. Jaime Lannister Augur

Yerm gonna Yerm. He been doing it since the Citizen days =p
    Loves his long winded posts.
    Belit likes this.
  19. yerm Augur

You may not have realised but due the amount of rubbish you talk you're actually despised by most of the people who post on here, hence why you barely get a like.

I only saw five out of fifty six total posts on your profile.

Have fun.
  20. Coka Lorekeeper

Thank god I cannot see the drivel anymore!

Haha he thinks likes are important on an EverQuest forum bwahahahaha...
    Horathmir, Belit, Numb286 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.