XP Changes Post-Patch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ducreux, Feb 17, 2016.

1. kain200 Augur

Well I know what you mean about level 1 being kind of weird so yeah it would have been better to have a test at level 2 or so.

Still though, with how terrible it is at level 1 (about 15%) it could potentially double from that at level 2 and I still wouldn't come back because even a 30% increase is pathetic.
  2. Lumiens Augur

I think I must have some Korean blood in me or something because I love grinding. I think one of the things I missed the most about EQ while I was away for the past 11 years was the whole concept of AA's. I enjoy having other ways to advance my character other than from gear alone at max level.

I think the slight adjustment will be perfect for Phinigel. Ragefire exp rate felt way too fast, to the point where it almost made the leveling grind feel trivial because it happened so quickly. Having things take a little bit longer seems good to me because I think some people end up being inactive because of running out of things to do after they have achieved their goals, not so much because of it taking too long to accomplish their goals.
    Xanadas likes this.
  3. uk6999 Augur

I dont really mind taking 5+ hours for one level in this case because you have 6 months to get to 60. The only thing I am dreading is AA when it is introduced in Luclin. That's when grinds take on another level. Again in PoP and beyond when you are faced with getting levels and AA's.

Luckly we all pretty much know which AA's are priorities for our classes and can skip over most of the fluff if push comes to shove. That will save a lot time considering the xpac release rate.
  4. taliefer Augur

i like grinding myself, but i thought the kunark grind in lockjaw was pretty close to perfect, especially for phinny where its 3 months per expansion.a little slower would still be an enjoyable grind, but being almost twice as slow is going to be brutal.
  5. zer0h0ur0 New Member

Bring back Hell Levels! Back in the day, when you saw someone with a last name you knew they had put some time in. That truly was a grind and it 'Ever Crack' .
  6. TarewMarrForever Augur

Damn...wasn't far off, unfortunately, ;-(

> /inc nerf...hope it won't be something like this:
    > Kill xp: +5%.
    > Quest XP: -75%

Sucks being right or close all the damned time lol. Was hoping for 50% or more. Oh well.

As the saying goes, too little, too late...

But I agree with others, this will probably be enough to keep many *currently* playing to grind through to 60. It''s going to be painful, but not as bad. Especially once they add Adventure III Pots in 2 weeks. ;-)

It will do absolutely nothing to bring those back who couldn't hack / tolerate it before.

Regardless, they'll bump it again when AA's drop is all.

Move along. Move along.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Started testing - 25% seems on the money or even maybe HIGH compared to what it is - consistent 0.75 per kill (3% per 4 kills) is netting me basically the same now.

Although it's in a 50/50/50/39 group watching the L39 XP. So sharing math might be goofing things.
  8. Tennas Journeyman

If it's 25% (I'm seeing varying figures here, but I'm going to optimistically assume this one is right), I'm not SUPER happy, but I'm not upset. That's essentially a free level every 4 levels. Or, if you want to argue that levels get slower as you go, it's a free level sandwiched in the middle of 4 levels.

Would I have liked 50%? Absolutely. But with xp pots applying to this additional 25%, you'll get another additional 6.25% (25% of 25%), so 31.5% more with a pot going. And with double xp being applied to these new levels when those weekends come, that compounds even more significantly.

BUT, that's me assuming it's a 25% increase. If it's 15%, well... bleh.
  9. Dethecus Elder

Exp potions were additive not multiplicative. That's why it was still a 25% bonus when double exp weekends are available.

Otherwise it would have been this:
    Double Exp + Potion: 250% (200% x 1.25%) and it isn't.

So, now that means it will follow this:
    NEW Normal Base gain: 125% (Compared to original 100%)
    Exp Potion: 150% (125% + 25%)
    Example: 5exp*1.5 = 7.5exp

Double Exp Weekend:
    *Old Double Exp + Potion: 225% (200% + 25%)
    NEW Double Exp Base gain: 250% (Compared to original 200%)
    NEW Double Exp + Potion: 275% (200% + 25%)
    Example: 5exp*2.75=13.75exp
  10. DruidCT Augur

^^^ This. Did you honestly expect any higher? Seriously?
  11. Rhiyannon Augur

yeah, I was hoping for about 30 to 35%
  12. Numiko Augur

I was thinking 50% when they announced that Ragefire and Lockjaw were also getting a boost as Phinny was set about 66% lower then them, a 50% boost would have brought Phinny fairly close to them making the changes on the other servers needed to keep them ahead.
  13. Evertrek Augur

as i stated in another thread last week, the real reason for this patch was to nerf the quest XP. why would they make a huge xp change at this point on phinny? we have double xp once a month and most players are end-game by now anyways.

once again DBG just said they would be making a change, not that it was x%. how many times will this community think that changes are for anything other than the way DBG wants it?
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Pretty sure they still need to milk all elite players once kunark comes out and they mass buy exp potions. Then maybe somewhere after they'll up the exp again by 25% :D
    Sinzz likes this.
  15. Tennas Journeyman

Didn't know this! Thank you!

Do you know how this all interacts with ZEM? I assume, with the policy it seems they have in place, it's just additive as well.
  16. GhostbustersII Elder

This is incorrect.

The new EXP is a 25% increase (assuming this post is correct)

That means normal EXP is 100% before today but now it is 125%.

on double EXP weekends, you are correct, the EXP pots are additive but they aren't additive on our new EXP. They multiply meaning 125% EXP compared to yesterday *0.25 = 31.25% EXP pots.

If we get a double EXP potion we would earn 250% + (31.25) = 281.25% as oppose to the 225% we had normally.

The reason why double EXP weekends are additive is because they are basically a buff added to our characters. The EXP buff they did today is a permanent thing.
  17. Agonydox1 New Member

By the time they actually fix the experience rate, classic will be nearly over and all of those people fed up with the long grind on a three month lock out server will be gone. And anyone new hoping to raid will be far behind the curve. Kudos.

But at least we will have a server full of people who believe time vested equates to skill. Have to validate our little egos somehow, I suppose.
    Drexll likes this.
  18. Sinzz Augur

well thing to remember is lvl1 to say 3 to 4 is usually solo and on fippy that was the mistake once grouped exp got really good so folks didn't realize this till later on that group bonus made it more livable,
    now take a level 1 and put him in a group with 5 level ones and let them go and see how fast exp comes in once group bonus kicks in I bet it isn't bad exp at all .
    also when judging exp it should always be per hour because it takes out allot of variables per mob, I always do exp per hour because folks used to say reds gave best exp however when you start looking at per hour you quickly realise that isn't true so by stepping back on cons to say blue to light blue you can actually make faster exp and more loot as long as camp spot has the mobs counts to keep constant and to destroy.
  19. GrugSA Augur

The way XP works in EQ is wonky, don't expect these test to hold true for different cons or different levels. Halfling Cleric box was getting about 8% per Efreeti clear duo at 47. Was getting 13% post patch.

Did you like never make to level 48? How about 59? I mean 10 hours at juggs for 1 level to fast?
  20. Vaclav Augur

Interesting - that coincides pretty closely to what it felt like to me for our mains providing DPS for our alts (and working on their L50 XP buffer)

Normally in doing a full run of our plat farm that we were letting the L39 bard leech on we'd expect to get 1-2% on the L50's.... this time we got 8% - now I did increase increase bag space a smidge since, so there is some space/weight to account for going longer - but I can't imagine we doubled the number of kills to the run - much less quadrupled as the math would dictate.

With your similar experience of noting a substantial jump in XP for a L47 - it makes me wonder if the XP mod is being applied differently at different level brackets. (i.e. +25% at 1-40, +50% at 41+ or something like that)

In some ways it would be smart for them to have done it that way if so, since it would keep it updating on its own without the need to tinker with it in the future. But just theorycrafting based on how our mains felt and that result you're quoting.