Learn your toon

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Schye, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Schye New Member

When youre a rogue you dont use proccing weps with a war tank in your group. You can say all you want about how they shouldnt be a war tank if they cant handle it and all that jazz. What it boils down to is the tank wont be the one getting kicked from a group. The warrior wont be the one not getting picked for that next group down the road a few levels. It will be us rogues. That same tank will be looking for a dps and well say hey 41 rogue here and hell say uhhh no. Cuz you wanted to look fancy with your SBD and Yak proccing all over a goblins face and BSing before the tank has the mob at 95% so you can show everyone how awesome you are. Guess what bud....you arent fancy or awesome. You make a bad name for us. You make a wars game experience a bit of a nightmare and you need to go play WoW.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

3. Pikallo Augur

Is this the comment section of Allakazam?
    Syrup likes this.
  4. sifonin Augur

A+ post, would read again (and proceed to burst into hysterical laughter.)
  5. Gumby Augur

As someone who has played a Warrior on TLP's and knows the strife involved with keeping aggro before getting very good aggro weapons, I will still say you are way off-base.

Rogues should try to perform at their highest capability no matter the situation. That means putting out the most DPS that they can from the very start. Long past are the days where everyone waits until the mob is at 85% before even attempting to DPS. Suck it up and deal with it.

Now if they aren't even attempting to Evade, then yeah they need to go back to Rogue school, but it's not their fault if the Tank can't maintain aggro.

Warriors need to play better as well, despite the limitations imposed on them in the early going.
  6. Miss Shortcake Elder

THREE SUNDERS PLZ, WTF. ROGUES BANDAGE.
  7. Critt Augur

Provoke...Evade...sounds like both the war and the rogue were sucking imo
  8. yerm Augur

Ok I have 37lvl warrior I bought this on a mistake in bazaar because of being a nob that I AM; and thanks too lagg and not knowing clip plane trick. About when I was in late twenty's with warrior. Ok Iam not total nob when comes to grouping in EQ I do have 65lvl wizard and cleric. This weapon is a unsung hero this thing rocks BAH LOL'S talk about being slow yes but makes up for it in DEX and STR boast bah hate lols talk about stuff they know nothing about! Team with any fast weapon and this in off hand kicks major bootty. AHHH LOL 20 dex makes up the delay time, you hit much harder and less misssing AHHH lols. Not too forget about 10str boost. Why in the **** you think they rated it as (excellent) LOLS. IN PRIME WITH SOME HAST OR HAST ITEM LOOK THE "F" OUT!!. I also have hast item Velium Swiftblade man in prime hand you see text you pierce for 75 or just reg 35 and 50 man you can't pull agro off me. Some lol *** wizzy was trying man he kept comeplaneing the the hole time HE was on. With hast item or hast cast on you this weapon is a real agro keeper. Bah lol got to screem it again 20DEX makes up delay you hit HARDER and less missing at mobs close too your on lvl and HIGHER. But a true warrior have many wepones for any Occasion some nob's don't know this yet! Warrior's are good with slow weapons if he is not man tank in group. What this you say! Ahhh yes if you have two warrior one is higher or stronger. Other warrior should act as rogue doing damage with out getting hit. Bah you say! Man my warrior group with a pally rocks, lol *** pally didn't whant too let other in because EXP was soo good. Join group with one high lvl warrior, man lols was supprise at the weapones I have and how the exp jumpt in too overdrive with two warrior and one cleric. DAH ONLY ONE PERSON should be getting HIT which is mane tank other should do damage like DOT spells. HMMM why that LOL *** Warrior still use Veluim AX. BAH in the world of roleplaying I beleave warrior's should allways duel wield. So I have no two hand weapons. True EQer Know where Iam going with that. Too many peps play this game like reg old vedio game or like some new Xbox game cry =( miss the good old days. BAH this is one 30 pluss gamer that going too try too keep EQ close to the good old DD days. FIGHT THE POWER!!
    Silentchaos, Pikallo, Qelyn and 3 others like this.
  9. Semah Augur

Playing WoW won't train them to be a better rogue.
  10. Schye New Member

Well you heard it here fellow rogues. When youre in a group with a with a war tank that is DWing fine steel longswords because he cant afford yaks on a new server give it your all. Pull out all stops. BS with that phinny trident and slash away with that stunning yak. Your healers will be oom from 2 mobs that are still hitting the tank from pull and healing you from getting hit from the one mob youre "assisting" assisting on. Then youll have downtime for cleric to regen mana after a chaoctic situation that couldve been easily avoided. If your tank shows up with 2 yaks and full crafted at lvl 9...yeah go nuts. If not its only common courtesy to not showboat. It is you who will be replaced for that chanter lol.
  11. Dizdemona Lorekeeper

So a a high 30s-low 40s warrior complaining about aggro because he comes to group unprepared using fine steel weapons. There is no excuse for using fine steel at that level. Maybe if you're playing THE MOST GEAR RELIANT class, maybe take some time to farm some better weapons instead of placing blame else where?
  12. yerm Augur

If the warrior is using fine steel weapons they're probably rocking something like banded. If the rogue is rocking a phini trident and a yak, they're probably wearing AT LEAST banded. So, the rogue is theoretically a better tank than the warrior. Why would the healer bleed mana here if the better geared rogue is taking agro off the destitute warrior?

When I played a cleric on combine I was pretty adamant about how little I cared about the warrior holding agro on the mob being killed when these situations came up (and they often did). Their job is to keep the OTHER mobs off of the crowd controllers and especially me! It's a similar situation now in a lot of charm groups; the "tank" was the pets and the warrior's job is to tag and hold others.
  13. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

Let's play a game. Without cheating and using google to search, try to guess what Item is in question based on the Alla comments. I'll go first. Good luck on your guess.

Anyone that says nbg on a 20k item in a normal group is viable is a moron. In fact, anyone that says a cleric doesn't have just as much right to roll on this item as a monk or war is a noob. When you get to bot smid and an ornate bracer mold worth 50-75k drops, and the cleric sure as heck can use it, no way that a melee wont roll on it, thats just . On the other hand, if an item is no drop, or you are in a group of friends or guild, and have agreed to a NBG policy BEFORE you killed mob that dropped uber item, nbg is fine. Any melee claiming that a cleric or wizzy or mage or druid shouldn't roll on this is greedy, pure, plain and simple. Just because you CAN use this, doesn't mean you wont sell it and keep using your crappy old schw instead of this, since now you can affor a chos or other uber item. NBG doesn't work on cash items in normal groups or pick up raids. When you gotta shell out 5k or 20k for a spell, you gotta get money from somewhere, and buffing (temp or virtue) dont make much when it costs you 10pp min per buff, and you make maybe 20pp per buff, thats 10pp profit, you get robbed. Chanters get more pp for kei, but when their spells cost 20k, **** they can use it... If you are gonna do a Vox or Naggy raid, and say that ALL loot will be nbg, you will not have a raid. Period. Because no cleric or druid or sham or chanter (am i making myself clear) will ever go on a raid, where they will likely die cause of some noob, if there's no loot they can roll on, only to watch a twink monk walk away with a CoF. Nuff said. Clerics spend tons of money on dots, and rarely get more than anyone else loot wise. In fact since they are medding all the time to heal your mana seive ****, they dont get to loot from the light-speed ninja wars and such. Monks dont loot, not cause they aren't greedy (referring to the noob ones, not good monks, i love mine), but because anything over about 3 wt (unless full of tinks bags) makes them drop tons of ac. NBG is not realistic for normal pickup groups or pickup raids, only for nodrop gear, or in guild raids/groups or among friends or as agreed during game progress (happens a lot in ldon, esp with lots of twinks not wanting to sell gear, unless its worth about 3k+). Grow up and dont ***** with my clerics, in fact if you scream nbg, you will never be in an uber guild or groups, people will hate you and call you the noob you are.
    Pikallo likes this.
  14. Ducreux Augur

^^ Sebsilian Berserker Cloak?
  15. Coach_Kegadin Augur

First problem is you grouped with a warrior. Literally the worst class in classic.
  16. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

dang dude super close

It was Runebranded Girdle
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

While I don't necessarily like how the OP puts it, he does have an excellent point. Aggro management is a group responsibility, not just the tank's.

And as a career rogue live, when I see rogues here offhanding yaks it just makes me cringe. There are better offhand weapons that are the same price or cheaper for rogues available currently as well as non stunning proc augs. Ykesha proc is bad idea jeans for anyone not trying to pull aggro.
  18. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Because it doesn't matter how overgeared some classes are, they just don't mitigate like classes designed to take hits. You can fudge it some for a bit by overgearing but, in the end, you still aren't going to take the same hits like a class designed for it and incoming damage in comparison will bear that out, thus being a mana sponge for your healers.

After a certain level, of course. In classic, about any class that keeps their defense close to cap and is reasonably well geared can tank a lot, to an extent. But that ends in mid-upper levels especially in more challenging content.

Great, in theory, what you are suggesting....But until defensive AAs are available its just not going to work like you suggest.
  19. vardune Augur

I have a better idea, you need to learn how to taunt when you should and use provoke correctly.
  20. GrugSA Augur

RBG

edit: $$$