Encouraging Enchanters to use Cripple

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Jordis, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Jordis Augur

I'm feeling really encouraged to use "Cripple." I hope this is a bug.

During raid: Your Demolished Consciousness Rk. III spell did not take hold on Vim. (Blocked by Turgur’s Diminishment IV).
    Silv likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

To encourage enchanters to use this, please add in a fun fact like you used to get on the inside of a Snapple cap to the red text every time it is cast but did not take hold. Don't worry about thanking me. I do it for fun, it's not just because it's the right thing to do.
    Jordis and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

I posted about this multiple times during beta on both the Enchanter and Shaman threads AND PM'd Dzarn about why it was stupid and made 0 sense (very politely and with actual logic- you know, starting with the point that Shaman's last Cripple was in Kunark if you don't count the Crippling Counterbias heal). Even Shaman thought it was odd and some were under the false assumption that Enchanters got it too because that would have been logical. Yeah. No.

As you can see, that worked out well for us :rolleyes: I'm not going to ragequit over one debuff but as I pointed out in the beta threads, the ONLY reason to Cripple on a raid now is to proc Deep Sleep which is stupid. Cast a spell you know will never land just to proc a debuff you actually need. My suggestion was one of the following:

1. Give us a Cripple spell upgrade superior to Turgur's Diminishment (if you're not familiar with it - it is a 100% guaranteed proc from casting AA slow btw - it should NEVER have been this good for a free debuff).
    2. Give Enchanters "Dreary Diminishment" (aka equivalent of Shaman and stick it on something non-stupid)
    3. Put Deep Sleep procs on Tash so I can hit 1 key and debuff the mob with everything and AFK for 2 minutes till DS drops. I would have gladly taken DS on Tash than EM. That whole situation is garbage too.
    4. Split Helix into two debuffs since the Cripple component is superior to Diminishment and techncially is our cripple "upgrade".

I think #1 would be most preferable but I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed a long time ago. #2 doesn't really solve the problem and is probably the least useful. I'd be okay w/ #3... would free a spell slot for me on raids. The last probably has the best chance of getting done but isn't optimal due to the cast/recast timer on Helix compared to Demolished.

I encourage everyone to write their congressman dev about this catastrophe.
    Jordis and RPoo like this.
  4. Jordis Augur

I never saw this in Beta since I was never in a group with a shaman nor on a raid. I can't say that I'm going to rage quit over it, but the discouragement is overwhelming this time. Seriously, i've been mad, even enraged, over the nerfs and outright give-aways in the past, blown off steam by complaining, sending feedback, etc; but this may be the last straw. I'm not mad, just overwhelmingly sad. It was hard to even convince myself to post on the forums about it. I can't even convince myself to go do progression on the expansion or care what augments anyone found, or where to get whatever. My enchanter may just end up as another retired bot and I'll find something else to do with the time and money that I could save. I hate the idea, but the incredible sense of out-right betrayal and lack of hope is out-weighing the few pluses at the moment.

I made it through GoD, OoW and other periods where people rage-quit or main changed by trying to find new ways of making the class work in terms of groups and raids. I've never been a solo enchanter, I like grouping and love raiding. I've worked hard to be as good as I can at doing those with what I have. I didn't even rage quit out during the period when on raids charming the mobs was done with clickies picked up by the other classes.

I can charm solo, but it bores the heck out of me to grind aa or experience that way. I don't like soloing or boxing. I asked about an AOE slow awhile back because groups I play with want the mobs slowed.. The buzz-saw method of running a charmed pet into rooted mobs probably explains why most of the enchanters saw no reason for us to get an aoe slow..who wants to slow the mobs beating up a charmed pet when they want it to die faster? The other main comment was, "We don't need it because the shamans have it, and we've always been the "cripple class." My comment then was when did anyone ask for a Crippler instead of a slower?" Now they don't have to.

The irony is that my original main was a shaman and I made the enchanter back during Velious to buy alchemy items cheaper.
    Silv likes this.
  5. Silv Augur

Since I never have a shaman in group I didn't realize it till late Beta when we were testing raids and everyone bought their AA. It's unfortunate because if it had been brought up sooner they might have done something. I was honestly surprised by the lack of Enchanter feedback during Beta but maybe the devs were personally communicating with people. I did a little then got fed up with basically paying to Alpha test so I just stopped logging in.

Stuff gets farmed out all the time and it's discouraging; I just didn't think that if they farmed out Cripple they would have given Shaman such an uber version. Something like the cripple belt debuff or our Sparkle AA debuff would have been appropriate to give out IMO.

To me, it just shows a lack of class knowledge and abilities by the developers.
  6. Jordis Augur

I don't think that it could have been a mistake or lack of class knowledge. It could only have been done if they did know the abilities. It was clear during the "cripple/deep sleep" discussion that they'd looked into it and had made plans and this is where they were going. The only real plus that I see for this expansion for us is the ability to cast that third pumpkin headed scarecrow illusion on a merc. Even the werewolf from the old days would have been preferable. The take-aways might be explicable, but then we get back bits and pieces adding insult to injury. There is no way that's not conscious or planned.
  7. Fnyanea Augur

Please give us a version of the slow with just the cripple part. I don't understand why shammy one is suddenly better than ours.

Have devs commented on this at all? Given an reason for this?
  8. Silv Augur

No and no. It was pointed out in the Enchanter and Shaman beta threads, via PM, and then there were the multiple threads in this forum.

I suppose the next possibility is to hope for a Cripple upgrade if/when they raise the level cap. Which I'm sure will be a disaster but yeah...
  9. Verily Tjark Augur

I mean we would have to recast our cripple every 2 min anyway to keep up DS right?
  10. Silv Augur

True but now we're only casting Cripple to cast DS. They might as well just give us Spell: Deep Sleep at this point and let it have an increased duration. It's the most illogical and circular way to go about debuffs with what is currently implemented.
    Ratbo Peep, Ismel and Caell like this.
  11. Verily Tjark Augur

I think just the DS spell is another waste of a spell slot, but it does make more sense than the current situation. If they fix our cripple, they need to also extend the duration of DS attached to it. Kind of how Tash and EM are...
  12. Random_Enchanter Augur

The better question is 'What is encouraging enchanters to play?' heck knows i haven't logged in for at least a month, maybe two. Sheex could tell you I'm sure *waves at the SK*
  13. Silv Augur

Trying to make the parse on the first 4 TBM raids doesn't excite you?!!>! :rolleyes:
    Sancus likes this.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

For time immemorial - Shamans had the best SLOW - Enchanters had the best CRIPPLE.
    WTF was the need to change that? Unless just looking to piss people off?
    (Or a total lack of class clues?)
    -W
    Axxius and Silv like this.
  15. Lily Augur

I wouldn't even care that shamans got a better cripple, as long as somnolence was tied to something useful.
    RPoo and Silv like this.
  16. Silv Augur

This is kindof my stance on it as well. I don't want Shaman nerfed but we should either have gotten the same (or better) OR tied DS to something useful as stated... which in this case would pretty much be anything else. EM should have been left as is (was) and Somnolence could have been tied to Tash IMO.
    RPoo likes this.
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

Couldn't agree more.
    RPoo likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've been an enchanter main for like the last 2 months worth of Arx raids. Log back in, jerk face!
  19. Samirah New Member

Do you really have time or a spell slot for cripple, now that we have this lovely spell? Dichotomic reinforcement ...... oh joy!