EQ2 has a new PVP Time Locked Progression server!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Darktide Elder

For the Love of Sullon!

EQ2 players got their love!

Why in tarhootins do we EQ1 peeps not have a TEAMS PVP TLP SERVER yet?! *sad face*
    annnnnnnd *cry*
  2. Riou EQResource

More then 50 people actually PVP in EQ2 :p
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Just commenting to say A+ for having the Asheron's Call PvP as a forum name. Absolutely loved that game, was sad to hear they were shutting it down.
  4. Steampunk Augur

Look at the population on Zek. Do you really think they are going to the effort of a TLP for that amount of people?
  5. Seiffil Lorekeeper

They opened the TLE PVP server, and then announced that the regular PVP server is being merged with two other PVE servers as a new PVE server. There won't be any PVP in EQ2 besides the TLE server once the mergers occur. So they gave, but they took away at the same time. And if you understand what is going on with those servers, the intention for most people is to not let it go further then probably the EQ2 kunark expansion anyways at best.
  6. Darktide Elder

Look how many people started paying monthly fees for Ragefire and Lockjaw.... and that's PvE. I get bored of just PvE, and I'm PRETTY sure a lot of people are just the same.

There is an untapped group of players that want to play EQPvP, starting from scratch. Do you know how long Project1999 was out before I even heard about it? Too late now! Seems to me those guys on P99 have hacking under control... would that be an issue with Daybreak?

Suggesting a similar path be taken as was done with EQ2. Merge Zek with a PvE server if the numbers become *that* bad, and open up a new PvP server, preferably teams. So many gamers have heard so many people talk so much about what EQ PvP was like back in the day, and they themselves never had the chance to experience it.
  7. code-zero Augur

P99 installs malware in a effort to control 3rd party software and rumors are that it's not as effective as they'd claim. Given the screaming that has been seen on these forums about having to answer a /tell from a guide or GM I can't imagine the sort of heavy handed behavior that P99's people using being tolerated
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Steampunk Augur

Just out of curiosity, why do you think there is such an untapped group of players? How many do you think there are. Seems to me that the population of Zek might probably be indicative of the actual pro-PvP population. Of course, since I have no interest in PvP, I'm only using deduction and could be fairly far off the mark.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

EQ was never designed to be PvP at all; it was simply tacked on as an afterthought, literally. EQ2, WoW, and most newer MMORPGs have all been either designed with PvP in mind or specifically designed around PvP.
  10. Vlerg Augur

judging by how popular Zek is, by how stable TLP server are on the long-term, and how little time they must invest in those TLP server when they first open up....

I'm guessing they don't want to spend hundreds of hours for a server that's gonna be a ghosttown 3 months in.
  11. Seiffil Lorekeeper

Actually, EQ2 wasn't designed with PVP in mind either. PVP was added later on, whereas games like WoW and the newer MMO's had it designed and in the game at launch. That being said, the OP needs to realize once the TLE server dies, there is no other PVP option to go to as the Nagafen PVP server is going to be gone shortly.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

EQ2 had PvP built in from the start of EQ2's development; it was not a central force of the game as it was in WoW, but EQ2 was most assuredly built with PvP planned to be a part of it. When EQ2 was announced PvP was included as one of the selling points, and this was even before it was in Beta. Now the PvP system might not have been active at the start of Beta, but it was in development well before Beta it just was not out of Alpha yet. It was most definitely not something that was added at the last minute and tacked on was with EQ.