They say a picture is worth a thousand words....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gorian147, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_the_mage Augur

that picture is disgusting

turn off new models, get some style kid
    Solkos likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Most games that permit or are affected by these programs that facilitate large scale boxing are instanced, such as WoW. EQ TLP is not. Allowing contested content to be affected in this manner is a problem, revenue or not.
  3. Asheran Augur

I'm pretty sure that is Besteva. He has 21+ mages, plus a few other classes. He is also a really nice guy.
    Vaclav and Solkos like this.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

It's two different people, all of the female character names is 1 person the male characters is someone entirely different.

Both are quite friendly as well. I've actually not met an unfriendly boxer on Lockjaw, only a few on Ragefire
  5. captnstudy Lorekeeper

not that i don't agree with what you are saying...but [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] isn't free. its like 5 bucks a month or something.
  6. rune00 Augur

The one I'm referring to is open source so I don't see how it can be 5 bucks or something...
  7. Solkos Augur

I met some unfriendly boxers on Lockjaw! They are gone now WOOT!

I haven't really thought about it but we do have a lot of nice respectable box teams on Lockjaw and that actually surprises me for some reason. There are a few bad apple ~6 box teams but they haven't really interfered with everyone's game play terribly much. 2 thumbs up!

I don't think it's a fair comparison to compare modern EQ or other games to classic EQ when discussing boxing though. Honestly in most games including modern EQ most raid content is instanced so a player that has, what is perceived to be, an unfair advantage really doesn't effect the game play of anyone else on the server. I am not saying classic EQ should be instanced at all but I am saying to comparison of EQ to these other games isn't a comparison you should be making.
  8. Sandbox sucks New Member

Someone's overcompensating.
  9. Eliseus Augur

Who gives any F's why you are boxing. I box in the game to, but I guarantee you are most definitely using third part programs to box. I'm not saying I don't, but you are completely void of one of the issues the OP brought up by basically saying the more money I give SE, they won't do anything. You are one of the people that are the bane of the community not just in this MMO, but ALL MMOs. You feel that because you throw X money at a company they won't do anything. I know several people who felt the same way in many different games and have banned accounts. I for one hope you are banned just so I can laugh at the money you felt would allow you to use illicit programs to accomplish your goals in this game. I'm not talking about you just using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. Anyone that knows anything about EQ, especially someone playing 35 accounts knows there is more illicit activity going on. For daybreaks sake though I hope they keep riding your money train for a couple years then ban you. Would be golden. Better yet, I hope they wait till you start accumulating your time through kronos if you already haven't then ban you. You seem like the kind of person that will just buy 35 accounts again and start over, good profit there.
  10. Lokomotiva Elder

Sort of on and off topic a bit... I was in Hate lastnight on LJ. Definitely had lots of boxers up there and mobs were scarce, but I will say that every group up there around me (I was 5boxing near the zone in with my Cleric, Mage, Wizzy, Chanter, and Pally), was helping one another. Tagging adds off when asked, helping dps out of group, rezzing, buffing, corpse dragging when needed...this restored my faith in the server as a whole. I was the lone Modest Man group there at the time, surrounded by tons of Faceless; and I'll admit, I expected some grief...but had nothing but a great time with them. Boxers aren't bad people...people are bad people whether they're one or 50. I'll glad contest mobs when everyone is acting civilised.
  11. Zublak Augur

Besteva is a really nice guy I agree.

It appears the screenshot taken the OP was given a BP. So not sure why he's complaining to much.
  12. AlmarsGuides Augur

Woah dude, what is your problem?

You can hate me all you want, call me names, demand I be banned but the truth is I am not the one being a total jerk for absolutely no reason.

Please just calm down there is absolutely no reason for such hostility on the forums or for you to be acting like you are five years old.
  13. Zublak Augur

We did Inny last night and afterwards took out the Mini's that were up. We tried to avoid interfering with any of the groups. Towards the end someone did train us with Mistress and Lord of Ire while we were killing Lord of Loathing, along with a few armor trash mobs. We managed to mezz/split tanks,heals,dps and handle it np. Hard to tell if it was intentional or accidental. Either way it saved us having to pull them I guess!

But glad you got to see that we do act civilized =)
  14. Zublak Augur

Same sort of player who lashes out at someone boxing for no reason at all and wonders why some boxers may retaliate. C'mon man....
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

As a boxer, I wouldn't retaliate against him, I would just /ignore and avoid. People who act like that are the reason I do box in the first place. Ain't no one got time for such behavior in a video game!
  16. Gorian147 New Member

Actually I have met quite a few box groups that are very kind. And like I've said x3.. I have no problem with a normal person who is boxing a group. In fact if you look closely at my chat... you can see I was even given a breast plate by one while a sat back, healed his pets, and resed another boxer group who ran into a 2.0 spawn by accident. I have no problem with these players. It is these boxers like AlmarsGuides who run 35?! (really dude.. get a life) boxed chars at once. It is completely game destroying, and I am in utter disbelief that DBG has not death touched people who do so into the void.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

I have a life and I am very, very happy with it. I'm sorry you're unhappy with your life enough that you have to come on the forums and make posts complaining about other people but that isn't my problem. I box because I enjoy it and I write guides to give back to the community. Some guides would require me to inconvenience a large group of players to write, something I am not willing to do.

I am sorry you feel the way you do, I honestly am. But I am not destroying the game anymore than you are. I'm having an insane amount of fun and I really do wish you were too. This is an extremely fun game and I truthfully could not be happier than I am right now doing what I am doing. I really hope you find as much enjoyment in Everquest as I do one day and despite your negative outlook on me or boxers of my caliber I am still more than willing to assist you in game with questions or help otherwise.
    Zublak likes this.
  18. Zivix Journeyman

Due to the ridiculous over-buffing of the planar mobs, it was taking 30-40 minutes to mow down a mini boss with a two group set-up. There were no deaths, no challenge, just far too many hit points and I can imagine it got boring standing there watching a health bar tick down 1% at a time. So they probably felt like they had no choice but to roll up even more mages after the changes, to speed things along. But then they went and changed things again, so now these mages have the characters all leveled up, you can be they're going to use them. What I'm saying is, what could have simply been a 12(9 mages) box group, was forced to be an 18 or 24 box group by Daybreak - and they're probably happy about it because, you know, potentially more money for them. A lot of these mage groups were probably very close to having completing camping their epic staves from Magi and Phinigel but now they have to continue to camp them for their newly added mages. Honestly, you can thank Daybreak for scenes like this and the continued bottleneck and subsequent blocking of said mobs, that it causes.
    Tudadar likes this.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Technically speaking - you do know that the NoBox TLP is being set up with protections in place to prevent assistance software from functioning that IS BEING SUPPORTED by the developers of EQ and the assistance software programs - right? (Both major ones)
  20. Eliseus Augur

There was no hate. There was no name calling. There was only a little hostility, and that isn't directly because of you, its that you are banned for my own amusement. Your response is the sign of a guilty conscience. It was pointed out that you more than not are using illicit programs, and that I would laugh if you were banned with your mentality to validate using illicit programs because you give more money to daybreak than other users. People like you need to stay OFF the forums, not on them. You don't do anything but hurt yourself and give more reason to look into the activity of your accounts.

Again, I am a boxer and have no issues with boxers, just find your mentality amusing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.