Ragefire Rotation Discussion 8/7/15 -- 5PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Aekold Augur

Uh, they have asked: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-rotation-discussion.225565/ and they've been told that, according to Dojii, they cant be a part of the rotation because they can't handle the content.
  2. Orpheuus Journeyman

Holly's email's wording on monday seems to state that a unanimous consensus is needed to change the rotation...the gatekeeper targets were changed before that and posted with a game GM..im not sure which GM it might have been.
  3. Aekold Augur

[Citation Needed]
  4. Orpheuus Journeyman

i apologize i don't have time to scan forums for what i am looking for, but here is what i was told.
    A GM came and asked Dojii if RoE could kill Raid targets and he said yes.
    Edit to the above statement...the GM asked Dojii if he thought they could kill raid targets and he said yes
  5. Aekold Augur

Thank you for answering Orpheuus. Whether or not I agree with you, I do appreciate you taking the time to provide the answers to these questions.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I appreciate you looking at this candidly. The problem of course is it's not a precedent Apok (or RoE) is likely to abide by. With four voting guilds, any time two of them agree on something they can (presumably with GM's involved somehow?) change the agreement? If so, we need to know, because TL and RG probably have a lot of changes to quickly discuss, vote on, and implement.

It's not the change I care about; it's the double standard.
  7. Bufonidae Elder

Jain, that should probably be one of the points ironed out at the next meeting or two. I have a feeling an entire, agreed on rotation is gonna take more than a couple hours to work out.

I hope things can work out so-
    -Non-pewp-sockers can enjoy raiding (whatever their time zone).
    -Needed changes can be made quickly and fairly.
    -A single list of gatekeepers is defined.
    -A fair amount of FFA time is adopted.
    -A fair trade / pass process is worked out.
    -Phinney can be addressed (He's gonna be in HUGE demand shortly, 4 different class epics require his drops)
    -Guilds aren't booted for failures. Losing the mob and it's loot, having to wait a full rotation, and the inevitable /ooc and board bashing seems like punishment enough. I think a guild should have to break the rules or become inactive (in raiding) to be tossed.
    -Something is worked out to enable some open raids. (Holly's 'Casuals shouldn't get to kill Naggy' comment really bugged me.)

I'm not part of the leadership of my guild so I wont be involved, but I'm cheering for progress and bringing the fun back to Ragefire.
  8. Osgz Lorekeeper

This will be my 4th time in this thread since page 6 that I have posted this. I may be a small fish in a big pond but the questions I ask here are valid and IMO need answers.

EDIT: Friday is fast approaching I just dont want to see the talks get side tracked without an Agenda. I and probably most of the community would like to see the logs and what was proposed for us up and coming Guilds.
  9. Esper Augur

I am not sure if you are ignorant of what happened or lying. Holly has already said they made no decisions regarding the rotation except to support the player made rotation. They did not grant any request for RoE to be in the rotation, they did not advise on the rotation, that leaves Dojii giving them a spot. I have posted Holly's quote numerous times. If need be I'll post it again for you.
  10. Skadad Journeyman

oh you mean like the rotation proposed last friday. gotcha!
  11. Bufonidae Elder

No. I did see several points in that one that I really liked, and several that weren't quite...there

but we need to move past the arguments about the two existing suggestions and let the guild leaders get together and get it right.
  12. Zublak Augur

Another thread of TL crying, RoE trying to cater to them and prove there capabilities or lack thereof, Apok trying to debate.... What have we like 100 pages combined? It's the same junk. I never knew 1 guild could whine so much.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  13. Osgz Lorekeeper

This maybe harder then you think as some of the leaders have not gotten passed their egos.
  14. Esper Augur

No matter how many threads you butt into Zublak, your still going to be an irrelevant nobody. Just accept it and find something constructive to do.
    Gregolo likes this.
  15. Canik Augur

Then DBG said they will despawn raid mobs until they hash it out if needed.
    Mezrah likes this.
  16. Bufonidae Elder

Oh I don't think it's gonna be fast and easy. At least we've gotten to the point that we all know ultimatums and unyielding demands get us all nowhere, everyone should know at this point that compromise is the word of the day. None of the guild leadership involved is likely be entirely happy. The real winners are gonna be the average raiding guild members.
    Osgz likes this.
  17. Sagnid Augur

You mean like the ones from last Friday that apok and roe snubbed?

I expect very little to change this Friday, apok and roe have already all but said so.

If anything they will take steps to piss ofd tl even more because they dislike success.
  18. Zublak Augur

And no matter how many threads you post in your whining and crying isn't relevant either.
  19. Zublak Augur

It's a privilege because DBG doesn't have to continue allowing this game to run. They could pull the plug on it like SoE did Vanguard. Doesn't matter how much money you pay for something, that doesn't make it a right for you. Here's a good example for you.... You pay for your drivers license, you buy a car, you pay for insurance, you pay taxes on the vehicle... Guess what just happened there... Shall I explain?
  20. gladiatoreq Elder

Hi guys.

I've spent some time putting an Agenda together to guide tomorrow's discussion. I've placed the most important topics at the top and included all proposed changes that I've seen on the forums. If you'd like any topics to be added to the list, please feel free to comment and I'll add them accordingly.

http://tinyurl.com/RFAgendaAug7

Thank you.