Simply remove deathtouch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Healiez Augur

If they remove deathtouch from the newly buffed mobs, and tone down keeper of souls damage by about 300, big bixies damage down to about 1200-1400, overseer to 900, and hand to 1300ish I feel like these mobs will be tough, yet balanced.

Death touch pushes the mobs over the edge when they hit as hard as they do AND got their HP buffed. Big Bixie has an AoE, has a lot of HP, and hits really hard. If she doesnt death touch the AE will start to tax the healers mana and require a decent tank at the same time.

Deathtouch was necessary when mobs had 32k hp, and did not hit very hard. It was basically a mini timer on how long you had to the kill the mob. With increases damage, AE's, and HP the timer is now based on healer mana and raid dps.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Switch it from a single player DT to a 3-6 pet wave DT.
    tofu stir fry and Elkay like this.
  3. Buffinsdale New Member

This. If we don't have Fortitude -- or at least defensive -- then switching on these mobs is just impossible.
  4. Elkay Augur

Casuals shouldn't be allowed to breath.
    tofu stir fry, Zhama and Druz like this.
  5. Mogossis Journeyman

The death touch is what makes the sk!
  6. Ducreux Augur

It's just straight up a poorly conceived archaic way of creating artificial difficulty on mobs.

If the mobs are properly tuned they don't also need to have an unavoidable "1 PLAYER DIES" every 30seconds.

On another note, can we fix the fact that 90% of the "bosses" in sky are basically spell immune? Raiding sky as a Wizard simply tests your ability to find good shows to watch on Netflix while everyone else actually plays the game.
  7. Progress Augur

I like the AE pet death touch, something like the trial boss in MPG The Mastery of Ingenuity
    [IMG]
  8. Sebbun Augur

I vote No. Bring more players and stop acting like a casual. But seriously, you want to take away the ONLY defining skill this era mob has after they've completely changed ALL the bosses?

How about not.
  9. kythik Lorekeeper

Just because Death Touch is the only defining skill it should stay? It was a horrible mechanic to begin with.
  10. Sebbun Augur

So, we are crying to have everything like it was in classic, yet you want to remove a defining feature of said content? Story of this whole server.
  11. Detheb Augur

We can all agree that unavoidable death touches is a pretty terrible mechanic. When it is tied into something like an emote, or timer, then atleast it makes sense, however, taking it from classic mob is in fact, a bad idea.

They need to either A. Tone Down the PoSky mobs that they buffed to Elemental Plane boss mob dps, or allow casters to actually be able to do something. Preferably both.

Spiroc Lord is a great base for being "Difficult, yet possible". Hell, while we were killing him, we pretty much said that. The DT means you have to tank switch(Or have boss rangers that taunt to take DT <3 Elaida), and the mob's dps is pretty inline with a mid level fight. Big Bee, and anything above is basically like tanking the Mephits in Lichen Creep raid, where they can kill a BIS everything tank with 2 hits.
  12. Weebles Augur

Nice straw man argument. No one here has cried for "everything to be like it was in classic."

Death touch is a terrible mechanic to begin with, and now is just completely unnecessary. It does not promote skill in any way.
  13. Vlerg Augur

death touches made sense back in 1999 when bosses were capped at 32khp and you needed some way to increase the difficulty... it dosen't make sense now.

but then, classic raid bosses hitting as hard as Fennin Ro dosen't make much sense either.
  14. Weebles Augur

QFT
    Said the same thing yesterday. Seems like DBG pulled these new numbers out of thin air.
  15. Vlerg Augur

if they keep the current scaling.. it's gonna be interesting to see what the new AoW will hit for =p.

a full raid-geared velious tank have what... 8khp? then the AoW can clearly quad for 5k NP...
  16. Healiez Augur

I really hope they stop this scaling with Kunark. Velious onward mob difficulty is just fine.

Also if you want death touch to stay in fine, how about the just make it so it hits one random person on the agro table that isn't the top on agro

Also the death touch is classic let's keep it that way argument is completely irrelevant at this point. Nothing about end game raiding is even remotely classic with all these changes
  17. Vlerg Augur

I'm not sure I want the boss to randomly DT clerics in the CH chain... atleast, not if the mob hit for 2k on a 4kHP tank.
  18. Kattahn Elder

I...I agree with Detheb.

Words I never thought I would say, but good on you sir. This is a fantastic post.
  19. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Nope. Leave them the way they are. The non-casual raiders asked for competition. Don't cave to them yet again.
  20. Reval Augur

Make it absorb a krono or a month's worth of subscription from one of the player on the raid's account. Call it KronoTouch. (Always remember that this was a Reval idea TM).

In addition, bring in advertising to the game, for example, Sirran could say "ONLY COLGATE BRAND TOOTHPASTE WILL SAVE YOU!" when he aggros, or "YOUR IN BAD HANDS WITHOUT ALLSTATE!" and then he DT's someone that he presumes doesn't have allstate insurance. and then he ports the guy to their origin spot, and opens the web browser for allstate, and if they don't sign up for the service it takes another krono! Basically it's like Sirran has a gun that has a... Krono Trigger (Reval idea number 5 here keep up) making it one of the greatest mmo's on the snes in history.

This would give casuals a fair shot, while also making them less casual. Slowly groom them for the level of greatness that it takes to be the best. Without a clear path it's degrading for the guys.