Stay on RF and vote No in August

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cheryon, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryon New Member

Why transfer to LJ and lose Name, Reputaion, Guild, a.s.o.

Why not stay at RF and vote no to Kunark at aug/sep?

Cheryon
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Sinzz Augur

yeah cause that will teach em to mess with you!
  3. Feradach Augur

That was already my intent. The decision they made based on the poll results makes no sense, so this is really the best option available to us now.
  4. Flandersian Augur

Spite is definitely what I base my next 3 months of planning on. Power move.
  5. Sinzz Augur

you do realize they will see this and just unlock if they feel the need to anyways right?
  6. Viersa Journeyman

Will be voting yes, thank you.
  7. Tharrg Augur

Its sad that DBG decided that they would ignore the original vote for the server and now the new vote and just cater to those raid guilds who are the only ones wanting unlock. Nice to see that nothing has changed...
    oldkracow likes this.
  8. Hyiero New Member

Cause the no vote won't win. Then you'll be stuck on the fast server which potentially could only get faster
    Kunon and Derthe like this.
  9. Jezzie Augur

qft
    To the OP, I understand, I really do.
    I hated to see what happened with the vote but the bottom line is they were going to lose subs if things didn't change. The toxic end game was pushing players away from EQ which is bad for everybody in the game, live servers included. Whatever decision they made, it was going to cost them subs. They compromised by giving us 1 6 month server. If they'd applied the same vote count structure to Lockjaw then it would be opening in 3 months too.
    Free transfers is the only, or closest thing to making it right. Bear in mind, if this was Fippy/Vulak (with SOE) you wouldn't of seen that or any of the other "improvements" to the game. While Fippy had minimal help/intervention Vulak was thrown to the dogs and abandoned. Holly and the team could of done the same thing, but they didn't!
    Names are important to players maybe they could have duplicates with the "of Ragefire" title for transfers?

I consider this to be a last chance to jump ship for Ragefire players that are unhappy with the server. Everybody on the server now knows what they're dealing with, after this the only people complaining about the toxic end game should be people that accidentally start new on that server.
    I would hope that this doesn't mean that the toxicity is going to transfer to Lockjaw with the increase in population. Time will tell and we'll see what happens next.
  10. Weebles Augur

Why don't you just xfer to LJ if you want 6 months? Why is this even an issue? The slower players have an option and the faster players have an option.

Are you really so concerned about your name? I didn't get the name I wanted for my druid. Somehow my life has continued.
    Have you already formed bonds that cannot be severed with guildmates you've known for a month?
    Your reputation after 1 month doesn't mean jack ****, the server will be around for years, you have ample time to start fresh and create a new rep.

People on these forums will complain about anything, it's really sad.
  11. Warlorf Augur

Sorry I'm voting yes, I'm tired of the drama classic is causing mainly due to lack of content and high population combined. Can't please everyone so the whiners were bound to come out in droves
  12. Kunon Augur

Here is someone who gets it. If you're like the OP you're only hurting yourself if you decide to stay on RF.

6 month got the most votes of any single option. Now + 3 months combined got the most votes. Even if the population stays the same (it wont if they allow transfers as 6 monthers move to LJ with Now + 3 months moving to RF) voting No for the expansion release will lose since more than half the population is already in favor of the it.

It is highly likely (basically a certainty) that RF will also have faster Kunark and Velious unlocks as Aristo stated that those durations will also come up for a vote. Given that the majority of the server population will be Now + 3 monthers (server transfers assure this, then remove some of the remaining 6 monthers on RF like the OP who quit because "ZomG no 6 months!") those votes won't even be close.

I must say the lack of comprehension and understanding in these threads about the vote is astonishing. And this is supposedly an older, more mature, and theoretically more knowledgeable player base. Explains a lot about a great many things actually...
    Sinzz and Weebles like this.
  13. Hellaciouss Journeyman

I just hope server transfers go boh ways, there are people on LJ that wanted 3 months and ASAP, it will give those a chance to move to Ragefire, and it will give those who voted 6 months a chance to move to Lockjaw if they so wish.

I voted 3 months so I'm sticking with Ragefire. I just feel 6 months of classic is quite a bit overkill, but I am more than willing to do 6 months of Kunark.
  14. Rathnaga New Member

I'm tired of seeing every single 35+ location perma-camped 24/7 across 7 different instances, with guildies handing over said camps to their guildmates when they finally leave. Classic just doesn't have enough content for this many people. I see no reason to vote no, other than a greedy desire to hold guild dominance over all the high end content for an even longer duration. Kunark will spread out the population and give more people a chance to experience what classic has to offer. That's a win-win if you ask me.
  15. Healiez Augur

All it will do is move the end game scene and a different set of stuff will be perma camped...

Charasis, Sebilis, Chardok, karnor's will be the new Lguk, and SolB
  16. Druz Augur

You only lose your guild if they want 3 months, otherwise they'll transfer with you. You're suggesting people stay and sabotage guildmates? Why even be guilded if you have such disdain for them.
  17. Kivi New Member

why bother voting no? It obviously doesn't matter how the vote turns out, they will do whatever they feel like anyway
  18. Belldandy Journeyman

This vote ignoring was the final straw. I didn't complain about the boxers. I didn't care that certain guilds kept named mobs perma camped. I even didn't mind the whole krono selling business. I still managed to have fun in the game. But, when DBG goes full Florida and ignores the majority vote, they're giving a huge middle finger to us. It's now perfectly clear that the only people that matter to DBG are the hardcore raiders. And if they only care about the hardcore crowed, then they should only get money from the hardcore crowed. I've enjoyed my time on RF, but I can't keep supporting DBG after this.
  19. Shivuncle Journeyman

The majority of people wanted Kunark before 6 months.
  20. Zapsos Augur

With more than half the people wanting Kunark sooner than 6 months all I can say is - Good luck with that...

Not to mention the fact that all the people from LJ who wants faster unlocks is going to transfer over... How exactly do you expect to not lose this vote by a landslide?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.