Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Ellocopato isn't wrong, most Prexians hated instancing. But from what I recall, it was because most of us felt it was sloppy game design, copy/paste zones repeated ad naseum for many different encounters.

Btw, Drilynus/Celeritum here, hello Ello!
  2. Gregolo Augur

Veeshan's Peak likely won't be messy with nobody else killing trak :3 -- I could see Rosen sniping though. Sneaky brits! :p
  3. Vaclav Augur

From what I've heard of the spawn windows on Test... good luck with that - it sounds like it would be quite amusing to watch you camp it.

(PS - What happened to "no "?)
  4. Gregolo Augur

I have no idea what the spawn windows will be like. I was mostly teasing.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Good, cuz if the windows I've heard are accurate... they're going to be fun to race and hell to camp.

And with racing there's always a chance at losing.
  6. Gregolo Augur

Can you elaborate?
  7. Vaclav Augur

Pretty much sounds like windows are wide enough that potential of spawning again is basically instantaneous. Seems weighted towards the middle, but spread has been wide enough that a friend over there is theorizing could be within an hour of previous death.

(Keep in mind though, it's Test though - so just because they popped stuff quickly doesn't mean that's not being forced)
  8. Detheb Augur

Have they said they're even instancing Kunark content at this point? =p
  9. Vaclav Augur

Not yet, but I think it's reasonable to expect a good chance of these adjustments either already being set up for them or being considered for use.
  10. Gregolo Augur

I'm looking forward to more 3am batphones. Just kidding, please kill me.
  11. rekais910 Augur

You're a shaman.. you can canni to death! (this post has no other point than to make a stupid joke)
  12. Vaclav Augur

Yea, thus the schadenfreude I was mentioning if intentionally blocking Trak was on the menu - I could just imagine how grumpy people would be if he spawns in like 3 hrs a couple times in a row. Just barely get to sleep then a call. Then another call. Then another call.

But we'll see, Test is a weird environment - and they've yet to commit to anything past Classic yet.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Detheb Augur

I really do suspect they will instance Kunark, just until its officially announced, putting eggs in that basket seems to be a fruitless endeavor. But hey man, i don't sleep anyway. Multiple batphones in a night works for me(AS long as it isn't Friday and Saturday night)
  14. rekais910 Augur

oh man.. jammer's event every twelve hours during luclin. Good times.
  15. Detheb Augur

Man, i just thought about Tunare popping 3 times in a 24 hour period. Now im a little sad
  16. Vaclav Augur

With around 2-3 hr spawn on all of PoG - whoooohah... PBAE PoG? ><
  17. Ello-prexus Journeyman

Oh heyas. How's it goin man? We have a prexus gulid running on ragefire (remnants of prexus). come say hi :)
  18. Ello-prexus Journeyman

I didn't state my or my guild's opinion on instancing. The poster I was quoting claimed that the reason that people left EQ in droves to WoW was due to instanced content. I was offering a different opinion that people were pissed off about the broken content (anyone remember the guild summit they had after the whole GOD/OOW debacle?) and noted also that people on the server didn't particularly like instancing.

Actually on a side note, in original Wow people were annoyed about the instancing and wanted to have FCFS races. That's how they wound up putting those outdoor dragons in the game.
  19. Marthisdil Augur

To follow up what Ello said:

I was in one of the uberguilds of Everquest back in the day. A majority of our guild quit Everquest shortly after GoD came out. Why? Not because of WoW (it wasn't out yet). But because Sony didn't listen to us, and others, during beta testing to fix the issues that were there at release. Yes - everything that was wrong with GoD was there during the beta - where they had a chance to fix it.

And they didn't.

It pissed off enough of the uberguilds to cause us to say "eh - why keep paying them money when they will let things be broken like this?" and we left in droves.

It certainly got their attention, though, didn't it?

But we most certainly did not leave EQ due to instancing.
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Finally someone else willing to speak the truth about this. I would like your post a thousand times if I could.
    rekais910 likes this.