PC Say Filter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Croak, May 28, 2015.

1. Croak Augur

The current filters allow for say to be filtered

The problem is how many additional say messages there can be in a gaming session - I certainly don't want say going to my tells window.

So I generally have say filtered with all the other stuff, especially on additional accounts/boxes.

Could we have a filter for say that is PC specific, as otherwise it is a useless form of PC <> PC communication that will be missed, and people have had accounts suspended because they missed a message in say.

"PC say" ideally should also be a different message so it can be monitored with GINA, just like it can with tells
    Nniki, Jadefox, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  2. guado Augur

That would be excellent. I often AFK in Nexus, and of the annoying things coming back from AFK is seeing all of the NPC speech. "Spires to velious blah blah blah are now active."
    Nniki, Baeddon and Dre. like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I have to scroll up every time I zone out of lobby thanks to the Teek spam.
  4. Baeddon Elder

ALL OF THIS, PLEASE <3
  5. Angahran Augur

One issue is that even if the text on the screen says "NPC Bob says, ......' that does not mean it is actually using the 'Say' channel.

But an NPC filter would be great.
    Also, if someone could fix the bug where you see an NPC reply before you see what another player says to the NPC that would be nice.

Ang.
  6. Baeddon Elder

Although I was around in 2001, my memory doesn't go back that far. That said, that "bug" goes back as far as I can remember. Few years to say the least.

+1 vote for NPC chat filter.
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I'm sure given a little time they'll get it. We finally got the ability to filter flurry messages after something like 5 years (maybe more) asking for it.
    So you're probably on track for 2020.
  8. segap Augur

The text spam annoys me far less than necro spam