Boxing Hate.. Pls Stahp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khulril, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khulril Journeyman

Firstly, let me preface this by saying I do not box. I may eventually have a 2nd box, but don't plan on more than that.

Are people just flat out delusional? Or living in some fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns of what "Everquest should be". Seriously, just please stop posting these useless threads full of verbal diarrhea. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. DBG is not going to cut a large fraction of their subs because y'all are whiny and entitled and can't wait a few days for everything to smooth out. Please, do us all a favor and and go play P99 if you're gonna spew pointless dribble about boxers. Here's a novel idea.. How about if you can't log in, you go outside and do something rather than stare at the computer all day and nerd rage.

"ZOMG I JUST PAID AND I CAN'T PLAY IMMEDIATELY ON A NEW SERVER! BRB REFUNDING BECAUSE EVERY NEW LAUNCH FOR A GAME HAS GONE SUPER SMOOTH WITH NO ISSUES AND BOXERS ARE RUINING MY LIFE!"

All this will be over before y'all know it, so dayum, have a little patience.
    Lemuelbaruch and Xanadas like this.
  2. Rauven Augur

I don't box either and I think its ridiculous.

The issue is NOT boxing. The issue is that the game is too easy that it can be boxed. I don't see why people do not understand that. Think about it. If a guy can control one toon, and have 5 others standing around doing an occasional action or two and can kill entire camps that way.. the game is way way too easy.

Everyone loves to say how 'easy' WoW was compared to EQ. Well boxers couldn't complete Black Rock Spire in WoW. but they can devastate Nagafen's Lair and Lower Guk in EQ. Boxers couldn't kill Onyxia in WoW. But enough of them can down Nagafen or Vox in seconds.

Mobs need to be more complex. They need more actions. And they should require cooperation between groupmembers to take down. And Nagafen, Vox, and Phinegal need more HP. At the very least.
    Tachya likes this.
  3. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

I get your point OP but there are better ways of getting it across without all the capslock and accusing people of nerd rage and verbal diarrhea. Using insults to get your point across makes you part of the problem in the rift between boxers and non-boxers.

That said.. I have no issues with boxers I dont need to group with them.. heck all those subs pay the bills
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  4. nectarprime123 Augur

You sound really, really . People are allowed to have opinions, just like you are.
  5. Khulril Journeyman

Well it's not really classic either.. Current characters are far more powerful than they were back in the day. They would have to scale the mobs appropriately.. but that would require extra work for DBG (Let's be real, they don't care as long as the server is operational, so pleading for anything else is pointless). Just gotta enjoy what we have and avoid end game toxicity at all costs lol.
  6. Khulril Journeyman

Lol the only caps lock part was the imitation for and giggles. It's just ridiculous and getting out of hand. The TLP forum should be left for more substantial threads than the same thing over and over again.
  7. Elkay Augur

So wait.. you're complaining about how easy the game is - yet you've joined a server that is meant to be nostalgic and thus won't have any gaming mechanic revamps for a minimum of 21 expansions x 6 months?

Btw - I've boxed all that you mentioned in WoW. It is doable and without cheats. But I understood your point. EQ does have a lot of downtime on characters vs. combat rotations in other MMOs.
  8. Nocomplaints Elder

2 boxing not an issue... 6 boxing is because we all know it's not done legit. Cleric warrior monk druid mage wiz 2 are easy to play if static camp and right classes 3 are easy to play but won't get every ounce out of chars like these 6 boxers do... wonder why??

Everquest was as much if not more social game back in the day that is what made it enjoyable meet people build relationships and kill stuff. A person has access to all the same zones on every other server if they really wanted to play 5 mag and a druid. Oh they wouldn't be crowded and kunark would be open as well.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. Tamier Augur

D
    DBG just handed out a 4 day suspension for use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] because the GM observed all the boxed toons acting in accordance together. So you are incorrect sir. This is not sony anymore. It's DBGs.
  10. Tamier Augur

No-one cares about a person playing one toon and occasionally using others for spells, buffs etc. Thats normal legit boxing. These people are using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to use 6 characters in concert, by single keystrokes to slaughter at will. That is scripted 3rd party program. It is illegal. Sony didn't care. DBG's just gave a 4 day suspension for the use of it. (Check the whiner on the forum)
  11. Khulril Journeyman

Did you observe him? How do you know he wasn't using ? How do you know it wasn't a mistake and he missed a tell? One incident =/= cracking down on Boxing/[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]
  12. Tamier Augur

I've seen ISBoxers banned before. I posted on this forum recently about it, and warned people. It is the classic definition of a cheat program. It is 3rd party, and it does give an unfair advantage.
  13. Khulril Journeyman

Why don't you go play on P99? (Not saying in a rude way, legitimate question).
  14. Arderd and Crowd Augur

You're missing the point. Playing more than one character is fine, and I do it, using the EQ client (usually only 2-3). Using programs to gain an unfair advantage is another thing, it's cheating. Why should people who play the game legally be forced out by people who use cheats?
  15. Rauven Augur

Doesn't take away from the fact that the game is too easy.

How about this. Load up FFXIV with 8 boxes (required for a full group). Complete titan hardmode in ilvel 60-80 gear across your boxes. Do this (and show proof of such, use your camera phone setup or other digital camera), and I will see about paypalling you 10x the amount it cost you to perform this (the cost of 8 retail boxes and sub fees).

And when I say the game is way too easy. I'm not talking about just the 1-50 content. People box all the way to 100 and beyond. But I understand that fixing the game as a whole is a crazy thing to take on. Here's how I would do it:

Start with classic.

Give each mob a class.
    Make a template for each NPC class for levels 1-50 (this is tedious, but needs to be done.. and coding is tedious anyway, or do like I do and code a program to generate the stats for me).
    Make those classes have complex mechanics. You now have a different mechanic for different situations.
    Replace the current mobs in the database with the templates. This is easy, its a SQL statement.

Before Kunark releases. Do the same for 51-60 content.
    Before PoP releases. Do the same for 61-65 content.
    Before OoW releases. Do the same for 66-70 content.
    And so on and so on.

Maybe even add another set of elite classes for Velious and Luclin (non-level cap increasing expansions) to keep it fresh.

This way you don't have to go in and manually edit every mob in the game. Just blanket change them with templates and cut the work to a fraction. Still alot of work. But it probably should have been done from the get go.

As someone pointed out. Yes PCs are more powerful than we were. Mobs need to match that. Let groups once again ask if "anyone can root? mez? stun? fear? slow? ect."
  16. Tamier Augur

Why should I? Because I don't like illegal programs?
  17. Khulril Journeyman

This is so impractical...You're basically asking them to recreate the game.
  18. Paragons New Member

Then they should go somewhere else? Those of us who get it; know they are not here to just box lol.
    They could do that on any server... They are here because its an advantage. (Its their thrill..) Which is why no sane MMO sanctions it. I get why its ok in EQ and do not disagree. But on a new/progression server? Its just all kinds of bad... Anyone saying otherwise is merely defending because they do it.
    And they might even do it in a fair manner. That does not stop the other gazillion from using it as an abuse. It effects balance, economy, content, environment. And therefor the continuity and true contribution to the server. Its allows one person to control, dominate certain content, loots, and therefore damage the economy also.
    It should not be allowed on this server...
    People including the great alamar (guides) (ty btw for all your work.) bring up special circumstances as to why they do. But on the same token then why are you here? A progression server in its very nature is a social en devour lol. AND I don't dispute him or people like him from being able to do so outright.I myself HATE when people tell people not to play and mmo because they don't want to be social. The problem is the symptoms this causes.
    Good boxers for example if they joined a party they would probably drop their box and even in many circumstance probably can be useful by helping other players with their box! This is great and in good spirit.
    Its just it gives an excuse for all the abusers and A bleeps to also come in. (This is why its not allowed in other mmos; its impossible to manage; healthy ones.)
    And people are kidding themselves (the hype alone should of been a clue) thinking the majority of these guys do it for any legit reason..

Trying to argue over this should just be commonsense for the health of the server. Instead its everyone having to defend for themselves while the abusers hide behind this weakness in the idea.
    Getting their cake and eating it too.

Also people are raging about this again because in other MMOs its considered bad no matter what...
    There is no way they will ever see your pov. And they are protected by not having to deal with it on mas because the devs of X game understands its inflictions and prevent it.

I myself if they put another server online think they should go full 1999 rules because it would give people who want that the population on that server to maintain itself; otherwise just like before that server would be a ghost town in weeks.
    However with the current situation I myself would at least like to hear them say no boxxers on the other server; there IS NOTHING wrong with that. You get your way; stay on this one and stay off the other; its simple.
    Again the drive for the majority of mass boxxers is the advantage and ego over others; that's why they come here. (Im not talking about Eq'r's that have always had it this way.)
    These boxers come because of the fresh challenge and they are a nuisance sorry if good people find themselves as collateral.

Devs need to show they care about quality and maybe these will stick around a lil longer then last time. Otherwise its milking and it deserves to fail. This is not just about all our petty arguments. DB should be showing where they stand on this... After all most of us from EQ1-2 are still all in limbo as to exactly what their aim is with us. Its unfair to just take this as another SoE running a progression server again.
  19. Khulril Journeyman

It is milking lol.. that's all this server and any other progression server was about.
    -Make sure there's a demand for it.
    -Release it
    -Make sure it's minimally operational
    -Ignore main demands from population and add simpler additions like a queue to make people think you care
    -profit
  20. Strawberry Augur

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is an advanced boxing / botting program, that allows you to run extremely advanced scripts. Making the game slightly harder to play would not deter boxing, many of the recent expansions involved AE and harder group content, it not only didn't deter multiboxing, it promoted multiboxing, since harder content promotes people looking for extra power.

What does deter boxing, is action combat like Blade & Soul, Vindictus, etc. But that would require a complete overhaul of the game, and that's not what I think EQPlayers even want to play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.