My excitement wanes with every hour that I can't log in.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gabanna, May 22, 2015.

1. Mourne Journeyman

Who cares about the other game servers? If we wanted to play on a free to play server we wouldn't have paid for the ability to play on non-f2p servers with special rulesets. Those special rulesets and server is why we gave money beyond the cash shop on the f2p servers... Daybreak /knew/ better than to do a single time locked progression server and yet...

Here we are, unable to log in for over an hour straight... and it's going to get worse on the weekend when people don't have to go to work, if people even log off to go to work anymore since they know they won't be able to get back in.
  2. Amoeba Augur

Actually, you paid for an "All Access Pass" which is NOT the same as "A Subscription to the Ragefire server". The all access pass does not stipulate full access to every service provided 24/7/365.

Seriously, all the whining about getting in IMMEDIATELY because everyone has to be the first to 50 is incredibly childish.

I really do hope at least half the people complaining about it simply cancel their all access pass. I'd hate to see them in game.
  3. Fekkwin New Member

You white knighting DBG and acting smug over everyone who is complaining is also incredibly childish. Did you even read your last post? telling people to stop trying to play and go eat dinner with their family or get some sunlight?

Please. You're acting incredibly pretentious. Stop telling people how to feel about how they spent their money or what they want to do with their time. Or their reasons to want to play a video game.
  4. lanny New Member

Bunch of crybabies. I've managed to log in and out several times today, it just takes a few minutes of clicking is all. Please, all you people screaming and making hate threads, DON'T PLAY. Go to another server, bye!
  5. Roosk New Member

I was hoping to get two full days of play in before being gone for twelve. Now I'm hoping to just get in a couple of hours. Kind of hoping these problems keep going for the next two weeks so I don't get completely out paced and have no one to group with.
  6. Nazran New Member

I got in after 2 min of clicking enter and pressing enter to clear the message, keep trying
  7. Amoeba Augur

I am telling people how they are acting. They made a financial mistake assuming one thing when they bought the other. Now they play the blame game due to their own inability to understand what exactly they purchased.

They vent their frustrations on here as though the world is literally ending.

And yes, I mentioned they should take this opportunity to go ahead and do other things than spam log in (shock I know), because as things tone down and the server gets full steam, they'll have plenty of time to play, and likely less time dedicated to outside activities (sunlight is normally outside).

I can commend the community though. At least this time there has yet to be posts about "class action lawsuits" that Fippy encountered from this exact same situation.

And finally, I am not "white knight"ing anyone. I am calling childish (or more specifically, un-adult) behavior out. I have not told anyone "how to feel" or "what they want to do with their time". I am suggesting alternative activities to engage in while they are unable to do the first thing on their "want to do" list.
  8. Toaster New Member

You're a bag and I hope you choke
  9. Mourne Journeyman

Really, I wish all the whining about people being upset at being unable to use a service they paid for because they have to be pedantic and childish would stop. Some of us have lives, we would like to be able to play when we have time to play, being angry, upset, or disgruntled because we cannot use the service we DID pay for (regardless of what you believe) is not unreasonable.

It has nothing about being the first 50. It has /everything/ with wanting to play the server and ruleset we paid to play on.
  10. lanny New Member

And you are exactly the kind of person who is starting 50 threads saying the same entitled bulls***. Go back to WoW, we don't serve your kind here.
  11. Toaster New Member

No you
  12. Amoeba Augur

"Regardless of what believe" is not accurate. "All Access Pass" is not, I repeat, NOT "Ragefire Server Subscription". Provided Ragefire stability, its access is conditionally granted with the "All Access Pass".

I feel your pain, honestly and sincerely, I do. And many people have vented their frustrations eloquently and thoughtfully. Others have vented them in a manner that is plainly childish.

We can moan and complain about possible solutions until the cows come home. The simply reality is that nothing can be done now but wait. Period. If they make a solution, it won't be available until later, most likely when this problem has worked itself out.

I am simply trying to advocate for a reasoned response. It is a game. We WILL get access. Some people are taking it too far in their demands.

I'd prefer to hear more things like "extra days added to all access pass as a conciliatory gesture" rather than "I HATE EVERYTHING MY LIFE IS RUINED!!" from members of the community. Or even further discussion on what people want from the server etc.

I shall also point out, I LOOVEEE sarcasm, and I know it doesn't come over well on the internet... many years I've known. I just cannot help myself. >.>
    Claudea likes this.
  13. Alandros Elder

Exactly. It's frustrating, but in all honesty we're on the 2nd day beyond the launch. The server being maxed out as much as it is really is a *great* sign for the future of this server. As the population leaves it will still be nicely populated.

It's ironic since the whole point of this server is maximum nostalgia and this is unintentionally part of it. Back at launch things took longer in almost every case. When issues occurred it took longer to fix, things in the game took much longer to accomplish, etc. Heck the first two weeks of EQ launch were full of massive issues. I played in beta but actually waited 2 weeks in before starting up at launch due to the issues.

If being on the 2nd day late is driving you mad and to reconsidering playing on this server, to be honest you probably *shouldn't* play on this server, since things are going to be slow on this server all around, that's the way it was. Personally I'm using it as a lesson to remind myself of how slow things were back in the day, of training myself away from the instant gratification style experience MMOs are about these days and being patient.
  14. Mourne Journeyman

All Access pass is required for Ragefire Server access. Therefor, yes, I did pay for Ragefire server access, along with the other portions of the all access pass, which I will not use. Saying there are other parts of the all access pass working does not change the fact that I /paid money/ for a service I am /not getting/ for whatever reason.

The answer is not: Be patient and in three weeks you will be able to play when everyone else has AFK'd their away time and gotten 9 characters to level 50 already. To suggest that is as infantile as you claim others are being in their anger and disappointment.

I don't auto-refresh anything anymore when it comes to paying for accounts, so I know exactly what is getting my money. I'm not going to say I am going to cancel, but if Daybreak cannot get this fixed in a timeframe that is agreeable to me, it is the last 15$ they are getting from me.

Letting my money talk for me is certainly a reasonable response to dissatisfaction with a product or service that is supposedly being provided.
  15. Amoeba Augur

Sorry if some of my replies come off as "rude", "mean" etc. in person, I am a deeply sarcastic "jaded old queen" sort of person with my humor. So sometimes... okay, ALL the time, I write stuff and it does not translate well.

I want in the server too. I re-subbed specifically for it. But I look at the sub as a price of admission to a theme park. I am going to Disney Land. I pay to get in really hoping to get on a ride... it has a HUGE line. For me, I don't immediately think "Welp, walk out, get my money back, drive home, cry myself to sleep (sarcasm part)". I think "Hm, what's this ride like? Or this ride..." and do other things until the line for my ride goes down.

The posts where people thoughtfully vent (like the post you just made) are well done. The posts that rage "I HOPE YOU ALL BURN IN AN ICECUBE CUZ I MUST VIDEOGAME!!" (sarcasm) are one's I typically comment more sarcastically on... and the ones that state the obvious so plainly.
  16. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Since it was required to get an All access pass to play on Ragefire and the server was promoted as such, then yes I would say that people have a valid complaint. The link on the Ragefire promotion did not say buy this pass and you can play on Povar or whatever other servers there are.