p99 agreement and its impact on a locked server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Apr 29, 2015.

1. liveitup1216 Augur

This has been explained numerous times to be untrue. They can run whatever they want off any code. Hency why Holly brought up the fact that separate hardware setups are being looked into for a classic server.

If they wanted to they could do it. Otherwise no special servers would exist at all: fippy, Vulak, sleeper, discord, sullon zek, vallon zek, tallon zek, stormhammer, firiona vie, etc all had different rules and coding.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

I've been on the server since 2010 and have never heard of "character stripping". I know many accounts get wrongfully caught in automated ban waves, and can be reversed if you talk with the GMs.

I'd try talking/PMing Sirken too. they're all pretty cool reasonable guysnguys. People get upset and forget that they're volunteers doing this as a hobby/passion project and tend to treat interactions like they're a paying customer.

Not saying you acted that way, but just saying in general I see that happen quite often.
  3. Frenzic Augur

I get what you're saying and don't doubt that it happens. Sirken was the guy that responded both times with character stripping. No one I talked to has any idea what that means nor have they heard it before. The bottom line was that I got screwed and they refused to give me a reason. This kind of thing can and will happen when your accounts are in the hands of people not held accountable. That's why I always lean to official products.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  4. Merry Elder

If there is just the slightest reason that my possible playtime that could end up being 100's of hours is being banned for no proper reason I would not touch that thing at all.
    Time is the most precious good humans have and if this so called volunteer team is able to just waste my lifetime like this because they are maybe in a bad mood, don't like the person in question or aren't trained properly for the job to handle a situation profesionally... not gonna happen.

I stay with DBG, I feel secure and at peace here and can actually enjoy the content even if it isn't 100% classic.
    Irbax_Smoo and Frenzic like this.
  5. Qenduven Elder

In this thread: people who have never (or hardly ever) played on p99 making ridiculous claims about why it is bad and reasons not to play there.
  6. liveitup1216 Augur

Agreed. People talk here like it's all fire and brimstone. 4 years of playing and I think I've had maybe three "bad" interactions with players, all of which were resolved amicably through tells.

As long as you're on the straight and narrow, server's been great. Toe the line and the GMs ban fast and hard. Keeps the server as legit as possible without wasting tons of their free time. Every wrongful ban I've heard of has been reversed accordingly as long as you are nice and pleasant and prove your innocence.

If you feel wronged or singled out by a single GM then petition Rogean or Nilbog.

Although honestly if your buddy decked you out day 1 with epic and fungi and all that jazz and you were only level 40, why not just start over? I'm sure your TMO hookups could get you almost any class epic and absurd gear if you really need it to play...
  7. Jaxarale01 Augur

The
    population on P99 would invalidate your theory IMO.
  8. Archess Elder

Code from the project is custom, so unless they get the full package and deploy it as is, they won't be able to use snipets from and here and there to form their own server code from it.

I also doubt P99 will just hand it's code over after having worked on it for nearly a decade, if they do whats to keep their players over on P99 or new players looking for what they have ?

I don't see that happening.
  9. code-zero Augur

It's been estimated that the number of individuals who have played Everquest is in the neighborhood of 10 million. even if we only go with the high mark or 450,000 active subscription in September of 2003 the 1,000~1,600 players on P99 isn't significant.

If P99 had multiple server splits and was now running on a dozen different servers you might have something to brag about but it appears that as crowded as you perceive it to be it's not come close to reaching its load capacity
  10. jagarr Augur

i think p99 blue2 will be a collab, and maybe team1999 if they launch a teams pvp server. i'd love to see an official locked server with some of their stuff and some of the live stuff. if i wanted to play true classic i'd just fire up p99 again now that its officially recognized. i have chars on red and blue, but true classic is actually pretty awful in a lot of respects, which is why the TLPS joy rides are so much fun! its kinda classic with some (but not all) of the hard . going back and playing a single char after boxing for so long was cripplingly boring. i do get the appeal though.

at this point in my life i just think the TLPS rule sets are > the classic ones. if i was 22 and fresh out of school i'd be all over p1999 again, but i just can't hack that anymore. takes way too much time. my lawn would look like crap and i'd be even fatter.

this is kinda the "best of both worlds" news. very cool of DB to finally put this one to bed. and it looks like the bunch of us that were arguing that classic servers were going to keep EQ afloat were right! ;)
  11. Frenzic Augur

I'm sorry but you're obviously biased and not willing to see the big picture here. Regardless of who my friends are or how powerful they are, I got banned for at best, a shady reason and never got an explanation from this supposed awesome understanding gm. Your comment about just starting over is ridiculous. This wasn't about the amount of stuff I lost, it was the principle that these guys can and will ban you for any reason and you're not owed an explanation. I've played on dozens of servers over the years and I've never been banned or suspended before.

Love p99 all you want, that's fine as your experience is different than mine. Don't go around trying to ignore facts though. What happened to me is not an isolated incident. I've read about lots of supposed false bannings and not all were reversed. The whole point is that these guys are not overseen and can do what they want. Play at your own risk. I choose to never again waste my time.
    Vaclav and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  12. jagarr Augur

i was never banned over on 99 but i've heard all sorts of stories, lies and exaggerations from both players and staff. good ol' amelinda jumps immediately to mind. somewhere i have a screenshot of her threatening to kill someone in tells, lol. there were periods of corruption and conspiracy over there for sure.

between that, the RMT bans/corruption issues and no boxing, it kept me away for the most part. i also played 99 red for a short while and that was..... really something.

i don't think it means much for this collab though. things will need to clean up if they're ever going to be incorporated with the live client and login.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  13. Rogean Lorekeeper

Hey Frenzic,

Shoot me a PM with your Project 1999 Account name and I will look into this ban.

Thanks,

Rog
  14. MaestroM Augur

CSR'd
  15. Jaxarale01 Augur

Huh?

My comment is how P99 has and has sustained a very high population when you say... "you get tired and not go back" and IMO you have no clue and sustained pop tells me that. Not sure where server splits and total subs enter the picture but nice try to muddy the waters...

1400 or so people on daily is considerable when most live servers cant boast half of that...
    /shrug

No one is arguing subs.... clue in, P99 is free so bringing up total subs for 15 years when its 5 years old and free means what again?

/smh

And whose "bragging"?? Man you can sure twist a straight forward statement into all sorts of things...
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  16. Numiko Augur

when i tried to play P99 my anti virus software screams that I'm trying to install a Trojan in one of the DLL's.

I read on their forums "oh just trust us and turn off your anti virus software".... Ummmm... no thanks.
    Irbax_Smoo and code-zero like this.
  17. Oberon Augur

no virus associated with p99 heh
  18. EradzEQ Elder

It could be your install files, since most ppl get them via shady sites and torrents.
  19. liveitup1216 Augur

This has everything to do with where you got your client from, not P99.
  20. liveitup1216 Augur

Pras be to Rogean. <3