Let's make a list of the best old school "twink" gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by code-zero, Apr 1, 2015.

1. code-zero Augur

With all the talk about the newest progression server I've gotten the itch to find all the old school gear that I can put on a squeaky clean level one of a class to be determined later.

Sadly, all I can recall at this time for certain is the old fungi tunic.

Let's put our heads together and see what would min/max the best

BTW I'm not going to go into the new progression server, this is a project for live.
  2. Unkynd Journeyman

Blade of Carnage
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Triconix Augur

If you're going with vanilla EQ, the hands down obvious item is cloak of flames.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. moogs Augur

Palladium Fire Opal Ring x2...if you already have them, or know someone willing to sell.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. moogs Augur

Glowing Black Drum
    code-zero likes this.
  6. moogs Augur

White Dragon Helm
  7. moogs Augur

Orb of the Infinite Void
  8. moogs Augur

Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings (monk)
  9. Numiko Augur

Fungi Tunic
  10. TheQxx Augur

11. Yther Augur

Quatr likes this.
  12. lancelove Augur

13. baider Elder

I hate to bring it in the open because it is so heavily overcamped, but I have a few level 1 toons in full ToV gear, once I got so bored I even factioned one and did the dozekar quests and had him in pretty much full 100hp gear with the khati sha 16/20 1 hander with 125 hp and a nice DD prov. He was unbelievable when I finally decided to level him. Messed around and got him to level 15 in gloomingdeep.

But seriously ToV gear and some luclin stuff is the best.

old school tradeable is Swiftblade of zek, blade of carnage, fungi tunic, helmet of rallos zek, cobalt greaves, boots of the storm, rune branded girdle, heirophants cloak, velium encrusted gauntlets for warriors. If you had that you would have been the sight of EC tunnel. Also having full cobalt and 2 epic 1handers made you stick out.
    Xanadas likes this.
  14. Duskrequim New Member

15. Numiko Augur

For live servers the best twink item is a level 105 druid to follow you around and buff you ..

or if your a caster with AE damage spells .. bring along a high level SK.. have them pull the entire zone .. toss a couple of AE's on the mobs to do at least one point of damage and let them all die on the SK's damage shields.(make sure the SK puts a non weapon item in the primary slot first!)
  16. Nniki Augur

17. code-zero Augur

I've already got both a Druid and an SK to do that if I feel like power leveling. This is for a collection to be done for my own personal amusment
  18. Galliana Elder

Kael has goodies for a tank twink.

Statue BP
    SBOZ
    AoW ring
    AoW helm
    AoW bow
    BoC
    Tormax boots
    Tormax crown
  19. Ultrazen Augur

screaming mace! oneoneoneone!!!
  20. Aeroen New Member

well, if you played from Beta you will remember these, they best weapons for maxing blunt skills quickly

Moss Covered Twig
    Moss Covered Branch