Game Update: Weds, Feb 25 @ 8:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 8:30 AM Pacific* for the February game update. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Patch notes for this update can be found here.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Todays maintenance over? launch pad giving errors
    budadan01 likes this.
  3. Silv Augur

8:30 AM PST? :confused:

That's worse than the maintenance time that was scheduled. I hope having downtime when we're all finishing our morning coffee instead of still in bed is temporary. Kindof at a loss on the logic for this change.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get AB patched at a different time please, being it is based in the Netherlands?

We already had to cancel raids tonight due to the maintenance not finishing on time, to days in a row is really hurting everyone on AB.
  5. baider Elder

even better for us on AB who all 5 raiding guilds canceled raids today and now tomorrow they will be canceled too. Glad the few employees doing this patch get to get a full nights sleep and time to get their coffee in though. The 200 of us not getting to raid 2 days in a row are all very pleased to pay your checks right now.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Aye, ridiculous that they actually get to work at regular hours like most people. I went many years working very odd and long hours, I certainly don't begrudge that the devs get to (I suspect they often work extra hours though). We honestly get very little downtime due to patching. Of course the same cant be said due to login issues, but unless I am mistaken most of those have been out of their control recently.
  7. Tyraxor Augur

The sad part?
    There's never an apology for these kind of things. Ice cold.
    Will never get my money again with this kind of behaviour, and i'm willing to give all kinds of chances to people, companies etc...but here my patient ran out. Get your stuff together and it wouldn't kill you to post an apology now and then.
  8. Ghubuk Augur

I wouldn't think that putting effort into patching (improving) the game is something they should have to apologize for.
    Muuadib, Maxe, beryon and 4 others like this.
  9. Fnyanea Augur

New patch time is good! Here in Australia we have had the patches in our prime time for 16 years!
    Oxgoad likes this.
  10. Mythaniel Elder

An apology for updating the game and adding new things? Are you kidding me? Be happy updates are being done instead of pissing and moaning about it.

I swear to God some of you guys on these boards are ridiculous.
    Muuadib, Mintalie, Vaako and 3 others like this.
  11. Tyraxor Augur

Darn right, an apology for having severs down on Antonius Bayle during main raiding time on 2 following days. Do i need the apology? No. Does the game need to be careful to not annoy players at this time?
    Darn right, that would be needed. Call me ridiculous all you want, that is what i'd expect for a PAY game.
  12. Slasher Augur

I'm not sure if you're joking or just that entitled. I really do not know.
  13. Jeanmirac Elder

meh, could be worse - could be on the weekend.
    Or even worse than that? Sunset. Then you'd be scrambling for an old Everquest Titanium installation pack... then what?
    Keep your pants on.
  14. Concerned for Norrah New Member

Do you think the nurse was able to catch him?
    Oxgoad, Mintalie, Vaako and 5 others like this.
  15. baider Elder

no it is actually a huge issue. AB already has number problems, ruining half a week to a week of raiding with this sheisty time scheduling will probably make more people not want to come back next week. A lot of raider only get on for raids, them not getting on everquest for a week will often make them just not get back on period.

It doesnt sound like much but this kind of thing has lead to guilds in the past losing numbers and becoming far less effective. It can be VERY detrimental.
  16. Kolani Augur

I really hate to be that guy, but you want them to patch on your schedule? Move to the United States, or stop whining because you live on the other side of the world.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

So you would rather have them patch during peak US times when more servers are effected ?

They cannot please everyone and doing maintenance when the least amount of people are impacted is the best solution.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Our server is this side of the world, patch it separately.
  19. Mythaniel Elder

Man, I hear ya. I used to be raid leader of Caer Cadarn back in the day, which was mainly a Euro guild and we got hosed quite often when there were patches every other day/week. However, you also have to understand that regardless of when they do it, the patch is going to effect someone, somewhere, no matter what. It just so happens that its you guys 2 days in a row. It happens. All you can do is just let it happen and play on when the server comes back up like everyone else.
  20. Kolani Augur

The same people who are patching your server are patching the US servers. Just because your server is located locally makes no difference, unless you're fine with being unable to connect during the US patch time until they get to your server, which I'm sure you're not. It would likely end up being more whining and moaning from AB players.

You have people worldwide playing AB, you can't use two different data sets.
    Lisandra likes this.