A Pikey Tribute to the end of Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For those of you who haven't seen the final raid. Check this out.

Songsa, Marton, TheQxx and 10 others like this.
  2. Serriah_Test Augur

Thanks for sharing this, it's a great video.

It's too bad they couldn't scale stats on loot with an Easy, Normal, Hard level for these raid events. At least then I could have witnessed the lore all of these years.

All the effort over the years to make raid content and they never tried to modify it in instances to make it doable by casual players able to get 8-12 people together.

Hopefully EQ:Next has this in mind. I always hated purchasing expansions, knowing I'd only see 20% of the content.
  3. Warpiggs Augur

Awsome video. Nicely done.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I made that suggestion years and years ago (when instances first started).
    Group version of everything and raid version of everything. That way, every customer had access to content they're paying for.
    It was easier to defend my position then, as I was raiding end-game content... But if the forums hold true to form, a "casual" or "non-raider" will get blasted for suggesting such a thing. They tend to feel entitled to content exclusivity, even if a large portion of the funding and the life breath of the server's community comes from the casual player.

Since Merc's were added, I also felt they should not be excluded from any, but the top 3 expansions' raid content.

The pride in raiding comes from beating said content with your friends. Additional bonuses to being some of the first to defeat it (be it server or world) and doing so at appropriate level/gear. (I remember heartache when a lvl cap boost happened days before a certain guild beat the final event, in an expansion, and wouldn't be perceived to have beaten it at proper difficulty.)
  5. Dontee Elder

Yup awesome, Ill never see it.... WOW did one thing right with raid scaling so all could see content
  6. Mykaylla Augur

You can do the group version of this event- same zone, the lore is the same.
    Iila, Enkel and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Riou EQResource

If someone can request it for them :p
  8. Ravengloome Augur

20%? try like 85%.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Serriah_Test Augur

Might I also add: this single video is better than anything EQ marketing has put out since I can remember. Makes you kind of surprised that EQ has lasted for 15 years.

Also, if anything is to be learned from Blizzard: never underestimate a well done CGI teaser movie.
    I can still watch the Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 teaser movies and get pumped for those ancient games :)
  10. Ironwall Journeyman

wow

am i really the only one that realized how racist that name is? I can only assume the group leader/creator/founder is the race that term is slang for and is "ok" with it? this post headline kinda shocked me is all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikey

anyways, im guessing that names been around a very long time so who cares. just gave me a start hah. not something you expect to see everyday on these well policed forums.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

Very cool video. Better than what I can do, but I will be streaming raids tonight live if anyone wants to drop in.
  12. Fendy Augur

I for one had never heard the term before, but then I don't live in the UK. I have heard of gypsies though and for what it's worth there are several in Norrath.
  13. Troutfest Augur

Thank you for posting this, great video!
  14. Rhialdon New Member

Nice Video :D
  15. Mythaniel Elder

Grats on the win ya'll. Video was pretty awesome! Guild Leader Purrfection, as in old Caer Cadarn Purrf?
  16. Hatsee Augur

Group content started to mirror raid content somewhat so you could see it all. This really started in VoA so since then you have had the ability to see almost everything.
  17. Aeroen New Member

A sad commentary on the state of EQ. A video like this to only have 400 views after being on the tube since Thursday is a shame.

Thank you for the video of what looks like an epic raid encounter, and the sad reminder that possibly my favorite game is a shadow of what it once was.
  18. Mistfalcon New Member

Thank you all for the very kind words- to be honest when I started doing these, I never expected very many people would watch them- maybe my fellow guild members, and perhaps people who were thinking about getting into raiding and were looking into our guild.

The Journey Home is the latest of a series I have made of the Call of the Forsaken raids- if anyone is interested here are a few of the other ones-

Burn Out

Tower of Rot

Dead Hills 1-B

I have made more, all on my YouTube channel, but I think anyone would agree they have gotten better as time moved on and I learned about what worked and what didn't, both in style and with the editor I have.

Hopefully I won;t forget too much before the Darkened Seas releases, and can make some more for that expansion as we progress through it :)
    Yinla, Marton, TheQxx and 2 others like this.
  19. TheQxx Augur

Awesome man. I love watching videos people out together. Wish more people did it.
  20. Mistfalcon New Member

:) They can be a lot of work- Journey Home and Burn Out took several hours each- and help from friends to try to get a reasonable show- Glad you enjoyed them!