Shadowscale

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Karthos, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Karthos Augur

When can this be addressed? This spell is among the most worthless spell lines in all of EQ. The regen component has lagged so far behind the dps of mobs as to be a complete joke and any level 100 healer merc overwrites it immediately.

It's overdue that this spell line match up to druid skin just as bst focus does to shaman focus and paladins pledged keeper matches certitude.
  2. Delbaeth Elder

For all that makes sense wouldn't we still just get the superior cleric spell from a merc anyway?
  3. Karthos Augur

No. Not if a cleric is available. Believe it or not the cleric class still exists even with mercs.
  4. Delbaeth Elder

Careful what you wish for. You could wind up buffing a druidless raid with a single target spell.
  5. Astran Elder

FWIW, beastlord focus doesn't match up well at all with shaman unity. We don't get the sta component autocast (Spirit of Dauntlessness), the melee avoidance (Preeminent Foresight), or the atk/skills bonus (Mammoth's Force). Focus of Sanera also has less than half the duration of Insistent Focusing.
  6. Engineer Augur

So... keep the buff useless so you don't have to buff people?

The OP is dead-on. The spell has no use in its current form.
  7. blood & gufts Augur

You not a druid, so you get lesser version of the druid skin.
    Just like that beastlords get a lesser version of shamans focus thing.
  8. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Just like Druids got a lesser version of Track, oh NM wait a minute................... :(!
  9. Karthos Augur

It is the same. You are not comparing the same things. Shaman focus is the same as best focus just with a longer duration. You are thinking of unity which is more than just focus.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

As things currently stand.

Paladins get a short duration group version of the current Cleric HP buff (minus some bonus components).
    Beastlords get a short duration group version of the current Shaman HP and stats buff (minus some bonus components.)
    Rangers get a single target copy of the level 90 Druid spell with the mana regen stripped out.

Yep, seems fine, nothing to see here. /s
  11. Engineer Augur

You're rangers. Did you guys honestly think you'd get a fair shake compared to the other hybrids? What, you want relevant spells AND chain armor??
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

I use Shadowscale when I'm moloing with a Wizzie Merc on burn, and I fail to heal it in a timely manner.
    Past that - useless.
    -R (would be nice to see us get the same fair shake Pallys and BL's get - for a change.)
  13. Karthos Augur

How about increasing stats to match druid skin and replacing the mana regen component with an endurance regen? Tanks and melee would love that.
  14. Engineer Augur

That would be fine and well accepted. Hunter's vigor ought to get a bit of a boost if hp regen is to be removed from shadowscale, though.
  15. smash Augur

I would not be happy with that for my druid. What do I need endurance as a druid ?
  16. gcubed Augur

They aren't talking about changing the druid line of skin spells, they are talking about changing the ranger line of skin spells. If your druid doesn't like wearing the ranger skin spell, cast the druid skin spell on him or her.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I cast Shadowscale when I die on raids and clerics/druids don't have time to buff me. The entire line fills that niche very nicely. If anything Druids should probably get a second skin line with endurance regen on it.
  18. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I do not want another buff that is basically worthless and then being told by Pure classes my dps should be priest level because i have such wonderful buffs, Really the best thing would be to try and get a boost to our attack buffs they are close to useless in the modern game.
  19. Engineer Augur

Shhh. Don't campaign to get your buffs or mitigation balanced. Your dps might be nerfed.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Normally I'd laugh. The way things have been going the last couple weeks? Not funny.
    -R