Thrown - Can we buff it?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gortar, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Gortar Augur

I love thrown items. Don't ask me why, but they are fun. I loved throwing random cupware in Asheron's call and had a dual wielding hammer thrower in Shadowbane that was insanely fun. In diablo 2 I had a javazon that chucked javelins o death!

Would it be feasible (and if so would it be considered) to add double/triple/flurry to thrown items? I would love for them to be a somewhat useful tool beyond pulling mobs. I don't suggest we have 1h ratio stats on thrown items or in anyway to hurt rangers archery abilities. I just think it would be awesome to stand back and throw things at mobs from time to time to mix it up. On mobs where melee DPS can be a hindrance (I know there are not a ton, but there are events that being in melee range is VERY deadly), having a bit of real damage from thrown would even be useful!
  2. fransisco Augur

What kind of tradeskill would we use to make cups and sinks and other throwables?
    Would be fun if they made teh graphics for them.
    Chikkin likes this.
  3. Gortar Augur

Pottery! Porcelain sinks .. gnome pots! :)
  4. Chartrusejello Journeyman

Tin cups via smithing?
  5. Gortar Augur

Yes.. now your thinking :D .. but we really need double/triple/flurry !
  6. Yesway Augur

A buff to throwing would be great, since it's one area where dps is seriously gimped for monks. Just to be able to do reasonable dps would be nice on those ranged fights would be nice. Could even add in aa's to boost the damage, but keep it below that of a bow. Have summon-able thrown items with decent stats drop via raid and high end group encounters.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Casters should be able to have books to throw, made with research.
    Mithrandyr likes this.
  8. Yesway Augur

Rofl, that's kind of funny. Though a boost to your range dps ability would be somewhat unfair :p
  9. Harabakc Augur

I have zero interest in seeing ranged dps buffed, I'd much rather see melee dps mitigation and avoidance addressed.

The swashbuckler in EQ 2 is an interesting concept. If you're going to continue to us in damage in comparison to caster dps then make us immune to rampage damage.
  10. Gortar Augur

A boost to ranged dps for thrown will never be a legitimate amount of dps. Its just a fun toy to use when you cant melee. I am not asking for ranger archery mastery level dps myself, just a little something for fun!

I throw for 300-400 dmg. I melee for 1000+ dmg. I can flurry and dual wield melee. I can currently throw a single unhasted (no pouch) throwing item. Adding double/triple/flurry isn't going to make throwing a viable main form of dps. It would, however, add something fun to several classes. It might even be minimally useful when melees have to stand at range during specific events.
  11. Yesway Augur

I throw for around a max of about the same dps throwing and do over 20k dps with no amps or much in the way of buffs. I'd like to see at least a couple k damage throwing sustained.
  12. Gortar Augur

Poke Poke Dev.. whatcha think? Wed love a yes no maybe :D
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would have been nice on the Luclin raid, I hate belly casters at the best of time, but a belly caster with a large wild rampage, that melee were also struggling to aviod was deadly for all.

I just want some books to throw, even if there is no DPS upgrade to it.....brings real meaning to "Throw the book at"

EQ nees more fun silly stuff, without being the annoying "toys" from the market place. But getting used to having daggers thrown at my back and balls thrown in my face....my poor nose!

*hugs her unicorn and wanders off to find the wizzys black stallion*
  14. porky Augur

actually instead of a boost to range DPS have their thrown books do debuffs or modify the spells they cast instead or as a supplement for lower ranged dps
  15. Yesway Augur

haha, your thrown book procs "concussion" mob now has a massive headache
    Yinla and Mithrandyr like this.
  16. Gortar Augur

Paper cut == bleed :)
  17. Tharrg Augur

They really should make Range attacks mean more in the game...... Like in end game and raiding.. they really need to figure out a way to make a Range Tank or Range DPS that actually is benefitial to stay range... and not be a caster.
  18. Chikkin Augur

Yes it would be a great thing to do have 10 fizzles in a row.
  19. fransisco Augur

A ranged tank would be invincible.
    He wouldn't be taking any damage because he is at range. Plus, anyone else attacking would get hit cause they are in range. Your basically describing a melee kiter.
  20. Tharrg Augur

No... if you played SWTOR you would understand how range tanks work and trust me... if you were a good range tank... no one would be hit but you.