Bug with AA Grant on Heroic Character Upgrades

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kacman, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Kacman Augur

I have 3 longtime accounts. My 86 mage and 85 shaman are both Silver accounts that I upgraded to Heroic Characters. Neither account received the auto-granted AAs.

The shaman had 1698/1000 both before and after the upgrade. Mage had 936/1000.

My brand new F2P druid entered the game from the character creation screen with 4694/250. So the grant works on new creation but not upgrading existing characters.

I am not using the upgrade on my main account since my 100 bard is already max AA
  2. Kacman Augur

I forgot to mention. I did receive the reward goodies (armor, mount, bags, etc..) and missing spells filled into the spell book. AAs were the only thing, that I noticed, that failed to get upgraded.
  3. Marshall Maathers Augur

So, for those people that wanted the Heroic Characters without the autogrant, they just create the toon first, then upgrade it?

It's nice to see that it is possible.
  4. Kacman Augur

Problem with doing it this way, you would have to purchase one month of gold subscription to turn on the AG after creation.

I too the free upgrade trying to get the AG on the 2 accounts without having to go Gold. When your account is Silver you cannot turn on the AG.

You either have to take the AG at creation or purchase a month of Gold to get it for free
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So if you use a heroic on an existing char you do not get the MPG and DoN AAs ?
    Obiziana likes this.
  6. Obiziana Augur

Curious about this as well.
  7. Marshall Maathers Augur

I think that most people that cared about creating a HC without the autogrant wanted their gold account box toons to be able to take advantage of the fast AAs pre-4k to get the important AAs, then take advantage of the autogrant after the fact. I don't know if there were any people that wanted a silver HC without autogrant enabled that didn't also know they would have to go gold to get it.
  8. Axxius Augur

Still get them. I've just upgraded one of my lowbies to Heroic, and he got the 4 DoN (Keepers) and 6/6 Trials of Mata Muram. He didn't have auto-grant on, but still got a whole load of AA. Looks like they have a template for each class, and all AA on that template are auto-granted to your existing char regardless of the general auto-grant option.

ETA: I turned auto-grant on and relogged that char. He got nothing more auto-granted. So the Heroic Char AA template already includes everything that the general lv 85 auto-grant does.
  9. Axxius Augur

Doesn't look like it's possible. I've upgraded an existing character to Heroic and he got everything while still having auto-grant off in the AA window. Not sure what happened to the OP's char. Maybe it has to do something with Silver account. Mine is Gold.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I consider this a bug, if it is the case.

Dragons of Norrath progression AAs and Trials of Mata Muram AAs should NEVER be given out for free. You can't purchase them with AA points and that is how it should be. You should have to do the quests to get them.

I have been fine with all the awards for players, the AA grants, the Heroic Characters. But those two sets of AAs, as well as Epic weapons, should NEVER be given away for any reason. Those things should be earned.
    Axxius and Cicelee like this.
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

Hmmmm, Axxius, that is unfortunate. So I guess you would have to hope your account goes silver in the free HC phase, make one, then go gold.

Elidroth: Is it possible to confirm or deny whether being gold affects this?

Also, Fanra, Heroic Characters were getting DoN and MPG AAs during their time on Test.
  12. Axxius Augur

Totally agree. I think it's an overkill. Especially the DoN progression.
  13. Axxius Augur

If that's the intention then it's not working as intended. Existing characters get everything auto-granted upon upgrading to Heroic, even if the auto-grant option in the AA window is off. I've just done that (see my post above).
  14. sojuu Augur

So u want easy mode to level but not to AA? Sounds more like complaining just to complain
  15. Tarilane New Member

I'd like to know if the situation that Kacman posted in his initial post, his upgrading characters on silver accounts to Heroic and not getting the AA's is supposed to be the way this works or not.
  16. Kacman Augur

I just compared all three of my Heroic characters.

86 mage and 85 shaman had previously completed DoN progression 1-4 but not the fifth. After AG they still have the same four, but no fifth. Before AG Shammy had 6/6 trials but mage had 3/6. After AG mage has 6/6, she did receive three of the trials by AG.

F2P druid, did not receive a single DoN or Trial AA. Only things listed under her Special AA tab are: Glyphs, Harmonic Dissonance, Knowledge of Alran Culture, KoAC-Advanced, and Summon Tomb of Hero's Journey.

If DoN and all five DoN progression AAs were intended to be AGed, then they are definitely bugged.

And an additional bug I found during this I almost hate to mention/admit, since it is really the only benefit I got out of this AG. But my honesty always gets the best of me. On the 86 mage and the 85 shaman account I have way more Vet AAs than I should have. On both accounts I have the number of AAs I would have if I had never permitted my account to drop membership. They have 14 and 13 yrs but should only have about 6 or 7 each and did prior to the AG, today.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Wow. Just wow.

I understand granting normal AAs because you can get them by just grinding out xp. But granting quest rewards without doing the quests? Not just any quests either, but ones that really announce to yourself and others that you did the due diligence on your character.

Frankly, they should be removed from everyone that didn't do the quests.

If SOE wants to encourage people to get those AAs (something I can agree with) then add the quests to the Heroic Journey list of quests that are recommended so people know they exist and are useful.

This is a bridge too far.
  18. Sinzz Augur

it might just be me but so far I think sony has been spot on with the recent changes, if it brings more folks to the end game so be it. just because they doing these changes they cannot take my memorys away of doing content when it was relevant.(I don't look at eq as work it was my fun I paid for it I enjoyed it when I could) and if folks want to do it they can but aren't forced to or go without now.
  19. Bamkan Augur

Seems the work around for Kacman would be to delete the toons and remake them.

Which kinda seems like madness.
  20. Tarilane New Member

That won't work if he's on a silver account that has 8/4 character slots (if he made 8 characters on the account prior to EQ going FTP)