Ideas for next expansion benefits.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gr8fuldave, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

I have been thinking of a few ideas for benefits that you receive when you purchase the latest expansion. For example, two extra inventory slots with HoT, Extended target window from UF, offline traders from RoF, etc.

These are often the reason I pre-order the new expansions for all of my accounts, content aside.

Thoughts:
    1. Pet Inventory window
    2. /claim item that is a 5 minute refresh for Fellowship Campfire
    3. Better system for selling loot at merchants
    4. Better personal banking system (similar to Guild bank)
    5. AE looting

Any other ideas that we could give to the dev team to toss around?
    Hobitses, Tharrg and Aeonblade like this.
  2. Fendy Augur

A broker system similar to EQ2 so we can sell stuff and play at the same time. With a capacity of at least 200 items.
    Hobitses, Jumbur, Dropfast and 6 others like this.
  3. Grento Journeyman

I would like them to bring the old bazaar zone back. The new one is way too big for the size of our playerbase and as a result it feels empty. It’s depressing to walk through.
  4. Saellaven New Member

I'd like to be able to buy and sell at the same time. No reason a trader should only be one way.
    Paladin, Angahran, Ratbo Peep and 2 others like this.
  5. Tyranthin Journeyman

1) Updated and improved stacking for many items. Mainly for items that stack to 2, 3, 5 or the ones that don't stack at all but should (like breastplate templates).

2) Right click selling to vendors. Shift-Right Click sells a full stack, Ctrl-Right Click sells a single item. Up to SOE how to deconflict activated items/potions while the vendor interface is active.

3) Larger than 10 slot trader bags. 20 slot would be perfect.

4) An expansion of the merc gear, 4 slots of crappy gear hardly seems worth the effort. More merc AAs as well.

5) More interesting rare clickies like Silken Trillium and Blood Drinker's Coating.

6) More evolving items, group gear equivalents to the Burden of Truth for example, in terms of an item that when fully evolved becomes more powerful than other comparable items for that wear location. Perhaps only 10-12 evolution levels, though.

7) A continuation of the group gear vendor concept but with some revisions:
    --> Require an unlocking mechanism for gear. Easier would be to require HA completion to buy the gear from named in that HA. Harder would be to require a kill on the named to unlock the gear from that named.
    --> Add group mission reward loot to the group gear vendor. Require missions to be completed to unlock the rewards on the vendor. Do not unlock augments until all conquest achievements are completed for that mission.

8) Better itemization for raid gear. As it currently stands, although there are about 10 different items per slot, about half of them are highly sought after while the other half are rarely used. Either reduce the number of items per slot or make the items more attractive to their ideal class(es).

Mmm, that's all for now.
    Spiritwarrior and Andarriel like this.
  6. guado Augur

1) Double or eliminate the fellowship member cap please.
    2) And can I see my mage's PET in an inventory tab just like Mercs? Why do I have to GIVE my pet armor still when I could just have it in an inventory tab!?
    Spiritwarrior likes this.
  7. Tharrg Augur

Man these are all great ideas.... I was thinking the other day that a great Nostalgia expansion would be great. Maybe create Instance zones of old zones and ones that no longer exist. Like recreate the Plane of Mischief and make it an instance. I know they stated that its lost forever however I think if they really worked hard they could recreate it and remake the drops etc. It would be nice to see. For older Nostalgia zones you could make permanent instances of the BlackBurrow/Lguk/etc events and then add to the expansions putting in more older zones every couple months from each of the older expansions.
    Coagagin and Moklianne like this.
  8. Shadara New Member

Banking improvements would be nice.
    Being able to buy back items sold to vendors by mistake would be good.
    Improved stacking of some items would be nice.

*Auto renewal of clicky buffs* Can have a separate page that you can drop items into that would auto renew the clicky buffs that we all have way too many of. You could have 5 to start with, buy more from SC, or even quest to get more.

I think the auto-renewal for click buffs is really important. Game has already started to reduce the click timers due the sheer number of clicks available these days. Each of my toons starting at level 60 usually have as many as 10 or more. Having them auto renew would help in the boring maintence aspects of the game.

Shadara
  9. Sinestra Augur

I sent Praethun a PM about a week ago asking him if we could finally get a Pet Inventory Window since it has been requested since day one in 1999 and he said that it is something they would like to do for a major update, but they are fully booked for the foreseeable future.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If we are talking about the freebies they give with ordering the game etc. I'd like to see 999 X clicky to the hub of the expansion for all future expansions or a quest line in the first zone which gives this.

Some nice suggestions here, but I think some of the ones restricted to a handful of classes shouldn't be included as a main reason to purchase an expansion.

I'd like to see the quest UI updated to be able to sort by the zone I am in. There are a lot of UI windows which could use an overhaul, Raid window, Claims window, etc.
    beryon likes this.
  11. Sostenes Augur

I agree with:

1. Pet Inventory window
    2. Larger bazaar trader bags. 20 slot would be perfect.
    3. Tradeskill Bank

The bazaar does seem waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too big for the current player base and it does feel empty and it is depressing to walk through, makes me feel like I'm playing an extremely dated game that nobody cares for anymore, sometimes I have to double check that "hide traders" tabs isn't active hahahaha

Sostenes
    Spiritwarrior and Sinestra like this.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You can already do this, sort of, you still have to select the item first, but you can sell full stacks or just one by holding the correct button when you click sell
  13. Sebbina Augur

Larger trader 20 slot bags would quickly become standard personal bank storage bags. 12-,14-16 slot trader bags might get into the game. 12 via tradeskill, 14 via loyalty and 16 from SC.
    Definitely would like a pet inventory window.
    I don't like a guild bank set up for my personal bank, with Extraplanar Trade Satchels I can have stored materials sorted into bags, VS a search list by alphabet- I have no problem with the alpha search list being an option.
    Would like 4 more bank slots, but would really only be useful on the one character that is the central sorting station (useful for improved sorting, more storage is always good).
  14. Tearsin Rain Augur

1. making 'sell' bindable to a key (if not the right-click-to-sell option listed above).
    2. mute sound / mute music bindable to a key.
    3. remove the need to lock the raid in order to move people between groups (DEAR GOD PLEASE)
    4. right-click menu where you can right-click a person in the raid and a list of group numbers comes up and you can select which group to send them to.
    5. right-click menu where you can right-click a person in the raid and select 'add looter'
    6. /raiddisband <name> (or /raidremove)
    7. Assign Loot function, where anyone in the raid designated as a looter can right-click (or key+click or whatever) an item on a chest/corpse and get a list of everyone in the zone (or raid, or DZ, or whatever), then select that person's name and that person will receive the item.
    8. make notrade items tradeable to other people that were also in the DZ for 10 minutes after being looted.
    9. a 'ready check' feature for the raid window - the raid leader can type /readycheck, everyone in the raid gets a TL-style popup window that says: The Raid Leader Has Initiated A Ready Check: Are You Ready? - if the person clicks yes, a green check goes next to their name in the raid window. if they click No, or 15 seconds passes without them clicking, a red X goes next to their name in the raid window.
    (after 30 seconds, all check boxes in the raid window are cleared)
  15. Fendy Augur

This made me curious so I went to look. Plane of Mischief is right where it always was. I'm sitting in it as I type this.
  16. Tearsin Rain Augur

that is the 'new' post-revamp PoM - not the original.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If we can't have bigger trader satchels, how about letting them work from inside your bank slots? (double posting this...)
  18. smash Augur

Easy prevented, just make them no bank.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Ssixa Augur

Well, no one said the proposed 20 slot trader bags would have to be cheap. My idea: 10k on a vendor is probably a fair ballpark...and make them weigh 800 wt. like the Heavy bags that players can craft (players will not use them as their regular bags, and will have to pay fairly dearly to fill their bank with them). Give tailors a recipe to make said 20 slot trader bags for less than 10k - where they can sell them on the bazaar for some profit.
  20. Naerae New Member

So many really great ideas what I want the most is
    1. Pet Inventory for all pet classes
    2. More merc aa
    3. Right click sell
    4. Better bank management
    5. Revamped textures for older zones
    6. Visable Cloaks
    7. More character creation options like hair and face styles also the ability to pick a height for your character
    8. Bigger stacks for items