Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tharrg Augur

Yep.. exactly.. and those new or returning players or casuals.. will be able to focus on their characters more because they will not have to stress about 4000AA's. They can get focus on Gear and their class. NO ONE is challenged when they AA farm... they find easy AA's that take little to no effort to maximize their numbers. SO they never learn their class getting AA's.. they learn their class by playing the game. Not having them waist time on AA's at lower levels means they will spend more time playing their class and their role. This is a GOOD thing.
  2. Harabakc Augur

MC won't break swarming because you didn't need it to kill 4 mobs? Am I reading that correctly?
  3. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

I'm not saying to pay or even OFFER to pay for the maps... I'm saying to offer credit to the people who made and the people who hosted them. i.e. Maps generously provided by <name>
  4. gcubed Augur

So, when just one of them gets hung up in the geometry they all would get stuck, and then all 10 of them will warp in on top of you at the same time?
  5. Dynn New Member

This isn't rocket science. Even coming back after 8 years, I could figure out that Veteran's Wrath was better for me than Innate Intelligence. Would I suck in a raid setting? Yep, I sure would, but I was able to figure out enough to level up my character at my own pace and have fun.

Also, I am not sure why this grant should only be targeting new/returning players. The probable audience for this will be current players who want to try another class, but can't or don't want to spend the time to level up another toon to a meaningful level. Instead of fading away and leaving, they might stick around for awhile longer.
    Tharrg likes this.
  6. Tharrg Augur

That is true... if you are tired and bored of your class and the only thing holding you back was not wanting to box and AA grind a new character you now will not have too. We may see a more lively field of players and characters... Its not going the be all Gloom and Doom...
  7. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

I actually think that would be fun to watch. Warping mobs has been an issue since day one. It's one of many risks we take when pulling. Frankly, watching someone get nailed by warping mobs usually makes me laugh... even when it's ME that gets splatted when I'm pulling with one of my alts. Yes, I may cuss a bit if it happens all the time but, death is part of the game. If you don't want to die, either don't play or don't pull multiple mobs without knowing how to fade, mez, or run away and zone.
  8. Piestro Augur

We have a relationship, but they are a separate entity.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Piestro Augur

Beams don't allow you to tank mobs. We can't consider this an apples to apples comparison.
    Sanh, Rogue and Tharrg like this.
  10. complaint New Member

Changing the toons abilities after we worked hard to get them as powerful as they are is wrong. Please leave it alone as well as no change on the aa system.
  11. Piestro Augur

We tried, there are a few in game even. The response was extraordinarily low.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Rogue Augur

Yes, thank you for finally getting it, and realizing you don't need it when you can kill over 90% of a swarm without it. Glad some SKs are finally smartening up.
  13. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Good Deal, and i bet there are many more that will come back as well.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Kolani like this.
  14. gcubed Augur

Not everything is as clear cut as a choice between Veteran's Wrath and Innate Intelligence.Have you ever heard of an AA called Knight's Return Strike (most melee classes have a similar AA). When should a person get this AA? Is the reason they want it have anything to do with its description? (Hint on this one: The description translates to "Mostly fluff. Ignore it for now and come back when you finish off all your defensive and DPS AA's")

And you have just caused the one and only new wizard viewing this thread to start hunting through her AA's for VW with the idea to purchase that instead of GoM like they intended.
  15. Dynn New Member

The wizard example seems like a reach. And if someone misses an AA that would be good for them (like the necro who listed "damageless snare" in his useless abilities list) then it's not the end of the world. The freedom to learn as you go, including making mistakes is part of what makes the game fun.

P.S. To the necro, think "mana free, quick cast, short cooldown, doesn't cause damage so I won't be summoned if splitting a summoning mob, snare"
    strongbus likes this.
  16. dreama121 Journeyman

Everquest is a business first, and a game second.

You can't enjoy the game unless it is also profitable as a business. To be profitable, it must attract all clientele, NOT just a select few. Everquest is not the only MMO on the market, and therefore it has to be competitive with other games. If this change (AA grant) doesn't have the intended consequence, then other changes will be made until it becomes a reality. Without that, it will go bust, just like vanguard & other SOE games. What's so hard to understand about that?
    Quatr likes this.
  17. gcubed Augur

I agree that it can be fun to watch and even experience at times. But basically, it would start happening a whole lot more.

Now, if you have just got done rounding up half a zone when it happens you pretty much deserve what you get, but roll back the clock a few years and implement this idea...

RL: Ok, folks this event is called Masked Invaders. We will have one of our SK's grab them all up and kite them around. Another SK will peal a badger off from the pack and bring it to the raid...
    Lead Cleric: Boss, our three SK's just LD'd.
    RL: Damn, why does that always happen here? Ok, We will use the pallies for this.
    Lead Cleric: Hey, the pallies are starting to wink out now.
    RL: /sigh. Ok, we will do this...
    Lead Clerics: Rangers are LDing.
    RL: Dammit, we are going to have to give this event a pass until SOE gets their **** wired and fixes the stability issues with this instance.
  18. Badname0553. Elder

So where is this game going if 3 hours a day is now viewed as to much time and effort to farm all your - aa, spells, gear, clickies, augs and achievements? As in what is a reasonable amount of time you guys feel it should take for someone to be up to speed from scratch?

Many of us fear that 30 minutes of play 4 days a week is the crowd you guys seem to be bending over backwards to design for, make content for and appease. But that has never been what everquest was focused towards and thats not what many of us have paid to support for 14+ years. There is zero issue with this game evolving and designing some content to that crowd but that should not suddenly become the main focus. I have yet to hear anyone complain about or come up with a real reason that the idea of raising the low AA bonus up or even doubling it with a raised cap and banked AA cap wouldn't work. Psychological barrier is a joke, as you are saying putting in any effort is seen as a barrier by the team and those returning but this game is all about the barrier of putting effort into your toon in various areas to improve. This idea solves all the issues to returnies and alts, they just have to work some, yet it offends very little if anyone.
    Melanippe, Mozzarella and dreadlord like this.
  19. Nightmares Augur

Hi Piestro,
    Would it be possible to get a sampling of where you currently are with these changes and the newest changes made to them so that we'd have the most up-to-date info available? So many postings and changes has become somewhat confusing.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it
  20. Coruth Augur

But I thought the point of the change was because of Lag from mass kiting. Not because of anything Tank to Tank comparison.

So this seems very apple-apple. Since the point is lag

If 12 mobs following a magician is acceptable on lag
    Why is 12 mobs not hitting a SK unacceptable ((Or say 6-8 which is more where I'd look))