Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

2. Bludvl Journeyman

Fair enough - to be more specific, no other melee based epic has a hit limit on it. ;)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

What does swarming have to do with auto-granted AA? Those are separate issues that were only related for several classes.

Also, there are more options than 'leave everything alone' and 'this decision'. They can grant less AA for one. Back when the vote happened, nobody was talking about auto-granting quite this much.
    beryon likes this.
  4. LoonyToony Elder

Ok as a cleric the nerfs are royally uncalled for.

Ward series yes you can pull mass mobs that are grey and give no exp. This spell was given to us to up our dps which btw we should be called dpd or damage per day as it is that slow. Will the devs now address these issues of our cleric dps and our offensive utility due to this nerf?

Shining series. I refuse to baby sit another spell devs. I did not choose a bard in 99 due to constant changeing in things and recasting. Keep the spell at 10 mins or come up with something else to fix what ever it is you are trying to fix. Having us baby sit another one hit or x hit then recast is not fun. I watch enough pong games keeping group or raid alive I do not need more baby sitting duties.

Swarming issue. This would be easily solved rather then nerfing everybody and their brother. Put in a code for every mob that gains aggro on one person over a certain amount of mobs one they cast return gate and the person is tped instantly to their bind spot or under a mad dragon to get eatten, either works for me. Then the second ability mob casts is instant deaggro/depop. Exclude certain events which could be reprogrammed to avoid it. This would solve your main issue with swarming.

Giving mass aa. Bad idea really these people who have no knowledge of the classes are going to get groupers killed and result in loss of major exp. You are createing a even more horrendous nightmare for your self doing this. This is the situation that I see occurring. One groups wipes constantly due to your new system will soe then restore the exp that was lose due to this? Second people find out real fast that char A is a aa given and they never get into groups. Then you're right back where you started. Eq is not about being handed anything you go out and you earn it. Always has been always should be. Mass increase of aas is handing this game over to easy mode.
    Velric likes this.
  5. ApollyonJones New Member

Sorry to hear you haven't truly listened to most of us about the AA mistake and are choosing the worst (and least efficacious) possible means of placating us.
    You've been my joy for many years; I don't know where I'll go now. But I'm not coming back--not to this or any other game over which you have any influence. After this post, I'm deleting the game from my system.
    Shame on all of you for betraying us.
    Morningdew likes this.
  6. Folicle New Member

You are insane if you think that anyone who spent years getting thousands of without any level bonus AA's in this game would pay 1 cent to continue playing after this insult. You have already made the game too easy and that was the only thing that set it apart from the others.
    All my accounts will lapse after the time remaining has expired.
    tanith, Kazh and Morningdew like this.
  7. Garshok Augur

Good point. But hopefully the limit for Lich Sting is set high enough that even in those cases where an SK has to handle 4-5 mobs the timer on Lich Sting runs out before the charges run out.

Another good point. If MC isn't replaced, split out the AC from the lifetap, and up mortal residue percentage - or maybe even make it automatic - in order to prevent swarming.

Mortal Coil I can see a (relatively) low limit for the number of lifetaps. Hopefully it will be more than fluff if they leave it in (maybe up the AC?), but the lifetap number may end up being pretty low or the mortal residue percentage pretty high to prevent swarming. Lich Sting, though, should need a pretty high number of charges so can be relied on in those oh **** moments. I would have to look at logs to come up with a reasonable number, but some number pulled out of a hat ("12!") likely isn't going to cut it.
  8. Nightmares Augur

Piestro,
    I have a post on Page 8, has a suggestion in it, have you had a chance to look?
  9. Tamagotchi Apprentice

Please give us a server where we can play Everquest without Free AA and Heroic Level 85.

At least give us a choice of playing in a game environment where accomplishments are earned and not sold or given away.

Better yet give us a Gold member only server without Mercenaries,Defiant gear,Exp potions ,Trade skill potions,Krono, Double exp weekends and all the other easy mode exploits.

Heck I would pay 50 dollars a month to play on a server like that.

I know that is just a pipe dream of course.

So feel free to call it a threat or an ultimatum or whatever you like but that will not change the fact you just lost a 14 year veteran and my money.

My decision to cancel is the only voice/voting power I have and it is not based on some vague poll taken out of context some 3 years ago.
    Velric, AlmmoK, Perspero and 3 others like this.
  10. Morningdew Lorekeeper

You are not going to get a large number of new players coming back to the game for this. You are mostly going to get a bunch of people doing a 1 month upgrade to gold and then revert back to silver. The only people getting a benefit because of it will be a 1 month flush of cash for SOE and boxers who love it for their 20-30 alts. Does that change my game play, no. But it pretty much sucks that somebody can be gifted what I worked hard for. You can call it petty if you want to, but based on the number of posts, I think the majority thinks the wholesale gifting of aa's is bs and is not happy about it. And it is too much work with the limited resources for the devs to change the aa ramp up so people at least have to do a minimal amount of work for the aa 's and a minimal understanding of what they do. Also they could not even throw the veterans a bone and refund us some aa's or give people some kind of veteran reward for the aa's EARNED and not gifted.

I'm sure all of your friends and wife will be rushing back to EQ now and playing for 10 or more years. LOL.
    tanith likes this.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think there are a number of hardcore people who have already said the ain't going anywhere. When your time lapse can I have your plat so I can continue to buy Kronos?
  12. iniari-TR Augur

a nice shiny would be cool for all the players that have been gold account for years.

I forgot the name of the item , but its a fish throwing gizmo that was available from a gm.
    Benito and Leeroy Jenkins like this.
  13. idej Augur

I think it's more of an insult to expect new prospects to make up 16 years of AA's and expect them to continue to play. Heck hell levels back in classic caused people grief. They changed it for the good of the game.
    Sinestra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. LoonyToony Elder

Better solution both for soe and the game on aas would to have x number of daiyly quests for each level range of say 5 levels that go into under visited zones and complete a quest for aas. That way they earn the aas faster and get them done. Just my view of the matter considering name of the game is EVERQUEST :)
  15. Tearsin Rain Augur

better yet, can we get a server where there is no autoattack or autorun, where every melee swing or step taking requires an individual keystroke? it's a real giveaway to have actions be automatic and a slap in the face to those of us who have spent their lives developing muscles.
    also, death should be permanent and delete your toon when it happens, otherwise where is the sense of accomplishment to be had in doing anything if you're just giving away free lives?

i'll give you 500 dollars each fortnight for a server where my character has to sleep and i have to be logged in to do it, so that the sense of immersion and realism comes back to this game you've so thoughtlessly destroyed with your callous disregard for how much a sense of nostalgia over a content difficulty predicated on a completely different population density makes me feel special about myself.
    Mithrandyr, Pelrond, Sinestra and 7 others like this.
  16. Langya Augur

This is a reach and speculation on my part. You can take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, there are people who swarm for their own needs and those who pay attention to General Chat and pay those who can bestow massive amounts of exp for a fee. Be it to level an alt or as a returning player etc. Seen all those situations but the large amount of AA to earn and the demand that it creates for people who are enterprising with their swarming abilities in servicing the need to get those AA's creates a ripe and lucrative market. The two feed off each other. Neither one is directly to blame for the other but they do serve to amplify the problem. Most of the beaming/headshotting/furious ramp etc I have seen has either been for money to PL customers or for people to Pl their own individual alts or those of their buddies. It has been out in the open, plain for all to see, so I doubt anyone can say with confidence that it is just an isolated thing. Its not. I have a mage and a berserker. I got the tells all the time asking for PL's and offers of plat.

Part of alleviating the zone disruption is killing the market off for the PLing. Its not just killing the abilities off. It is also killing off the market and its impact on the overall game. That runs deep into areas such as Bazaar manipulation, Krono and plats sales etc.
  17. Axxius Augur

Yep. It will be basically a $15 tax on the silver accounts. It will be real hard for the Silver players to resist. It's basically the same as buying a 1500 SC item on the marketplace. Just name it 'Lv 85 AA package' and put it right there. :)
    Morningdew and Fenthen like this.
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

If we're not getting Spell Casting Subtlety how will Silent Casting, Extended Silent Casting and Quickened Silent Casting work?
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

We finally got some movement on that the other day by them acknowledging that a problem actually exist via Piestro in https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/universal-chat-server-instability.206752/
    Hopefully some more info on what is going on soon.
    Gyurika Godofwar and moogs like this.
  20. Conceal New Member

So, the reduction of effectiveness will go into effect on the Progression Servers when this goes in (this month) on live. What about the level increase that can be assassinated/headshotted/decapitated? That go in at the time of the reduction or "wait til CotF"?

If they go in at the same time, that would be equitable.