I demand a recount!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcitng Augur

out of all the choices we had, and the one we had no choice in, i believe the de ranger and iksar zerker would have been the 2 races chosen most often to play ingame

well, race/class that is ... i think the treant warder ruined the woodelf beastlord chances of being on top with those 2 for most popular to play
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. LoudGuitar Journeyman

I am so sad if Dark Elf Bard would have won all my toons would be Dark Elf like everyone should be!
    Leerah likes this.
  3. sojuu Augur

Only two I wanted to see was cat druid and iksar berserker
    Retty likes this.
  4. Draego Augur

Look at it like this,

IF WE Beastlord actually wins (we all know the vote is rigged, so we know it won't)... but IF by some miracle SOE's tally systems shows that WE Beasty wins, then all those Druids and Rangers out there will finally catch a break about being called "Tree Huggers" ........... LOL
  5. Phrett Augur

Well I wasn't looking forward to the inevitable DE Ranger win... but honestly if it's up against a WE BL, I'm sad to say I probably prefer the Inky Ranger. But it matters not, I stopped voting once the Iksar Berserker lost... because it was apparent then that actual votes weren't leading anywhere.
  6. Draego Augur

But what if the WE Beasty turns out to have a tree warder that looks like those Cherry Blossom trees......... LOL

Yeah once DE Bard, Dwarf SK, Iksar Zerker were gone, I lost all interest.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Leerah Augur

It's obvious this decision was made long before the voting started.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Azzurri like this.
  8. Izcurly Augur

Baloney. It's not like politics where voting is legally required and all the candidates are trying to fool the voter at the same time.

If the decision had already been made, SOE wouldn't have bothered with the vote in the first place. They would have just announced it like they did the monk combo.
  9. Treiln Augur

Firstly its supporting WE Beastlords, and second, the forum m o d s thought this one was funnier?
  10. Draego Augur

CHERRY BLOSSOM WARDERS IT IS............... quick someone call 911 for me
    and the true TREE HUGGER class is born

EDIT:
    LOL
  11. Leerah Augur

Careful! You will get suspended for commenting on moderation!
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Lenowill Augur

At the very least, the voting should have required you to actually log in to a free, silver, or gold account that had been active at some point prior to the voting starting. And then make it 1 vote per account per clash, NOT per day. Then give accounts currently under gold status 2x/3x as much weight in deference to their confirmed support of the game. Done.

Being able to freely vote using multiple browsers, etc. was just an awful implementation. It solved the problem of "but boxers might swing the vote" by putting that power squarely in the hands of scripters and botnets instead. Herp de derp. Give the honor of deciding the next class in one of the most venerable games in the industry to botnets. *sigh*

That they chose robo-gnomes as the warders for gnome BLs and treants as the warders for wood elf BLs (duh, give them non-arctic wolves instead - treants aren't even fully animal to begin with >.<) just further accentuates how badly thought out this entire event was.

I was moderately excited for wood elf beastlord until I found out the intended warder was A TREE. >.< (Am I the only one who has some issues with calling a treant a BEASTlord pet? Or a robo-gnome for that matter. Heck, at least go with a clockwork spider for genuine laughs - at least that is in the realm of a robotic ANIMAL. >.> Not that gnome beastlords make even one scrap of lore sense anyway, but still...)

I'm bitter about this whole affair because it just re-accentuates for me how much this game's good name is being milked for the sake of EQN and not for its own sake.
  13. Raluden Elder

The real disappointment, beyond not getting an iksar zerker, is that the most useless class in the game (IMO) won. I mean, a DE ranger made no sense in EQ lore but hey, we'd get a bunch of them and maybe some ranger appreciation. But BST is the one class that could disappear and no one would be worse for it.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

I think something very important is being overlooked here.
    Wood elves can also be rogues and rangers.
    When beastlords cast Group Bestial Alignment, everyone in group changes form. If they are from a race that does not have beastlords, they default to a wolf. If they are a race that HAS beastlords, they become whatever their own race's warder is.
    Beastlords, particularly on raids, are frequently with DPS classes of the melee and hybrid variety- like rangers and rogues.
    Trees everywhere!
  15. Philphans Lorekeeper

I spy .... tree
  16. Piestro Augur

I've looked at this thread 4 times now and forgotten to lock it each time. I must be getting slower in my old age.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.