Can we get some crowd pleasers with the COTF#2 xpac?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dragosoni, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dragosoni Journeyman

Just wondering if we can get some crowd pleasers with the 2nd half of the COTF xpac.

I did not buy the first expansion as I have no level 100 characters. Below are some things that would definitely compel me to purchase 1 or more copies for my accounts:

1-Tradeskill item storage - the way we store tradeskill items is clunky...thousands of items and storing/retrieving items is tedious. Please give us an NPC or something that we can drop all our TS items from multiple chars that shows the item and the quantity without dealing with stacks anymore. I would buy the xpac just for this. I love working tradeskills but trying to figure out where I stashed a particular tradeskill item in what bag in what slot on what account on what character as an example pretty much kills my enthusiasm.

2-Change old raid requirements to 1 person (or at most 3) and allow mercs for content that is 4? or 5? + years old
    3-Please make RK3 spells craftable for older content
    4-Rune books...an idea from Ultima Online where a book can hold multiple bind points. Example: I want to farm spider silks so I use the rune book that has 10 different spots in 10 different zones that I can somehow click each spot in the book and be teleported there
    5-Can we get an official SOE sanctioned trade channel? Be nice if general was just chat : )
    6-Instanced versions of TOV, POFear and possible Kael?
    7-LDON adventures that scale to 100...maybe put some of the OMM loot in here as a reward?
    8-Purchaseable town/zone stones-would love to buy/place the stones from POK and the POT room in TD in guildhall/house
    9-Faction meter....would be nice to accurately know where I'm at on a given faction 8,374 / 12,000 etc
    10-npc we can store half finished quest turn in items on (BiC etc)
    11-AA to make buffs permanent until death
    12-Cross server grouping (not sure if eq architecture supports this)
    13-Ability to sell back old marketplace items for credit towards a new purchase? Be nice to upgrade some of my older bags
  2. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

14-stop making content for casuals.
    Azzurri likes this.
  3. Axxius Augur

4. Dragosoni Journeyman

Thanks Axxius I appreciate your input.

Tradeskill Item Banker - nice acronym!
  5. Mytoss Elder

i would also like the ability to make rk3 spells/tomes and dics , i wouldent mind having to get rare items for em
  6. Ravengloome Augur

x10000000000000000

All the content is so limpwristed its not even funny, Can we please get some content designed to be challenging or atleast require a pulse?

Lets look back at prior expacs
    I am not going back earlier then SOF, Since, the game has changed so much since then.

SOF < decent/to some hard group content
    SOD < insanely easy
    UF < decent difficulty
    HOT < Possibly as easy as SOD, But I liked the overall zone layout far more then SOD
    VOA < some decent content/challenges thrown in
    ROF < Started out promising T2 was nice, was hoping T3 and T4 would ramp up... instead of tail out . Although I did like some of the hero missions, Chapterhouse/Xorbb missions especially. I liked HOF2 as well that one was/is fun. CR2 and PoS2 were awesome as well.

Basically ROF was a solid expac, till T4.. Which other then the 2nd group mission, was a complete and utter let down.

COTF < Easiest expansion to date as far as group or raid content is concerned
  7. Vlerg Augur

considering the upcoming CoTF release barely have enough content for a single afternoon ( group-content.. altho i'm sure few dozens of raid guild will be done with raids in the same timeframe), and considering most of the money EQ generate is going to EQ next... I wouldn't get my hopes too high.
    Lisandra likes this.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Doesn't take away from that fact, that was one of the most enjoyable expacs for group content. The raid content... Well you guys could have done better debugging that. But group zones + group missions were tuned fine.

I know another Underfoot won't happen again, Id love that, but I am sure it would cause to many issues with player retention. I woulda settled for COTF be the logical progression difficulty wise compared to T2/T3 ROF.

Of course maybe Ill be in for a surprise with T2a of COTF. I honestly hope so.
  9. McDougal Augur

Ban anyone that doesn't raid,group or box. Elitism will kill this game faster.
  10. Langya Augur

The door is to your left. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Seriously, this comment just is not rooted in the current state of reality. Do you really think making EQ a hard corps elitist centric game again is going to increase subs/player base etc? I highly doubt it unless elite content was available as a separate DLC to be paid for but that is just one person's opinion. Otherwise that ship has sailed unless subs go way up enough to subsidize content that is exclusive to a minority few . By your philosophy, EQ should have been mercy killed prior to the day that House of Thule went live.

I like a challenge too, but if EQ is going to stay viable, it has to be accessible. Like or or hate it, its just the way it is.
    silku and Lisandra like this.
  11. Eandolf Elder

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. Everyone should find enjoyment and have things to do, and casuals certainly make up a very large percentage of the EQ population.
    silku and Lisandra like this.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Id pay extra for some interesting hardmode content.

How about 1 Endgame zone per expansion? That would be a nice compromise.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Recnarp Augur

15-make content
    Jodun, silku, Azzurri and 2 others like this.
  14. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Crowd pleasers:
    • new merc gear!
    • new raids in the same zones!
    • no having to learn new zones!
    • no having to acquire new spells!
    • no having to farm more AA or use the potential hundreds you have banked!
    • we aren't just farming group cloaks anymore!
    • get out of the T4 raid gear that you are still wearing!
    • no wasting time with a ton of new quests!
    • re-AFK possible for another 4 months without feeling as if you've missed anything!
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. hakmer Augur

16. Make a raid only server all zones are to be devoid of any group level difficulty monsters.. only raid bosses and their script functions. no group content whatsoever. let the elite go play with the elite and leave the rest of us alone.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

You do realize some of us only do group content? But we want harder group content right?
  17. Edrick Augur

Do people in raid guilds beat you up in the guild lobby and take your lunch money or something?
    Azzurri, Nissko and Elricvonclief like this.
  18. Langya Augur

People do get tired of the whole "Us vs Them" bullcrap though. Its pretty easy to see where some folks might want either side of the argument to have their own custom tailored server removed from the taint of the opposing viewpoint.
    silku and Sinestra like this.
  19. Stubar Augur

Casuals have their place and raiders have their place. They are different...end of story.

There needed to be a balance, however the knee jerk reaction of any company is to take things to the extreme. Which is what the EQ staff did.

VoA was a step in the right direction (IMO), however there were a few raids that were a PITA that got translated into "those raids are impossible". They eventually got tuned down making them much more achievable (making a nice balance). Although...The Triune God can go ....even after the tune downs it was a brutally long even. Farming it week after week made me want to run a cold shower and sit in the tub rocking back and forth until it was over.

I can't really speak for the group content though, because I'm an "Elitist" (so I've been told) as raid gear made it a lot easier.
    Sinestra and Elricvonclief like this.
  20. Badname0553. Elder

New AA and spells, the promised retuning we heard about in beta.

Undo the nerf to deathbloom or removd death blossom and make deathbloom 4 or 5 minute recast. Scarp removal of the necro epic but fix the 2.5 bug.

Some more challenging content for those that enjoy it both group and raid. This benefits those that like it now and those that don't later when power makes it easier, as long as the easy crew gets stuff to do as well.