Brogett for berserker CRT

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bighitz Augur

As another berserker has brought up earlier, he would like to see brogett as berserker CRT.

I have thought about it and I actually agree, I got two main reasons for wanting a rogue for CRT:

• He is NOT a berserker, so he will most likely have the ear of the developers without them thinking we are pushing an agenda (which we are not).
    • Even though I do not completely agree with brogett, the guy is pretty fair and well rounded in his views.
    If Brogett gets to be our CRT I think what many berserkers has said over and over again with regards to sustained DPS and burst will look more credible (it is totally credible).

Fellow berserkers what do you think? our current CRT need not to write.
  2. shiftie Augur

Lol .

“You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means” i

Your idea of how the CRT program works is misguided. Unless of course you are trying to troll brogett and gragas at the same time unsuccessfully.
    Rorce and Ishtass like this.
  3. Bighitz Augur

I am not trying to troll our current CRT, but even though its nothing personal, no one would agree to have themselves out of influence.

They are having talks with developers on the state of the classes they represent and developers ask for feedback...
  4. Riou EQResource

CRT's can report on any issue if they so choose, they aren't really for their class only, they just specialize in the class or area of game they play in. This doesn't mean they can't bring up anything else or give input on other classes based on feedback given to them.

You give CRT's too much credit, they aren't really as close to as 'special' as you think they are. It is fairly easy for anyone to bring up things to Dev's. It's more about the quality of your Post/PM/Info you bring to the Dev then who you are.

Basically, If you write bad stuff they will laugh at you or ignore you, if you bring up good points or points they haven't thought of, things might change, or they may disagree with you entirely. It isn't that you're a 'nobody' or that only CRT's are 'special'.
    Beimeith and Mykaylla like this.
  5. Slasher Augur

You can be just as useful as a CRT. PM the devs your ideas and be constructive with ideas that will work. If they don't agree at least they read the PM. Just don't PM aristo never once got him to reply to anything. Elidroth however does reply back. I'm 90% sure aristo doesn't even read them.
  6. Jyve Augur

TOTALLY it.
    Ronak and Brogett like this.
  7. Gragas Augur

Brogett is a CRT, PM him if you want, guess this is what I get for not responding to your cross server tells while raiding, sorry if I offended you.
  8. Bighitz Augur

Its nothing personal at all, you are a great berserker and a good listener. Its just that I can only think that the reason we are held back on everything thats over 45 min star aligned parses is because the many suggestions we got fall for deaf ears. I am just thinking having another class representative actually agreeing on some of our issues will help our communication with the developers..

Nothing personal and nothing against the way you are going about things.
  9. Bighitz Augur

My gave parse data on festering strike and it was upped a bit after that, I am not sure I can take credit, but I know for fact that some developers hate my guts... and I understand why, when you are being ignored at some point your bile spills over.
  10. Fury Journeyman

I don't think having another class represent us is going to magically make the dev's think "Oh, another class says this is an issue, it really must be. Lets give them what they want!"

I also don't think another class can represent us as well as our own class, even if they keep up with our issues.
  11. Phrett Augur

Most people grossly overestimate the actual influence of a CRT...

the drama going on with casters over the last few weeks is a prime example, but I digress
    Beimeith and Mykaylla like this.
  12. Brogett Augur

I'd love to say that I'm solely responsible for the boost to dps that rog got, but it's simply not true.

Fact is as a CRT I don't really have any more *influence* than other members do. Not really. That goes for boosts as well as nerfs (sorry necros to burst your opinion, that wasn't me either). So just because berserkers didn't get a big boost it doesn't mean that Gragas isn't doing his job.

Anyway, PM any CRT member and we'll try and bring issues to the attention of the devs.
  13. sojuu Augur

I think a lot are confused on what a CRT actually does. I mean we as CRT members just have a little more interaction with devs than you do and it really isn't by much. Just because say I am a monk doesn't mean I am a monk CRT member. It only means I am a monk that is a CRT member. We really don't get asked what does your class need. I believe in the time I have been a CRT member which hasn't been long I have only been asked that once. And it was only to the effect as I see all these monks saying this skill is useless now. Why are they saying that? I let em know about a change that was made they looked threw logs found it and was like ok cool well see if we can change this aspect of the game.

So don't be so hard on Gragas he is doing the best he can with the input he can provide. He does always push for zerker increases as do a few of us. But you gotta remember with coding it can be tricky to help one class may push them into the overpowered category and open a new can of worms.

The game always goes in waves I believe last expansion wizards were in the situation you are in now and even monks were hurting in a bad way for the longest time till not long ago. Give it time, things may and probably will shift your way once again.
    Crystilla likes this.
  14. Brogett Augur

Also note that right now zerkers are undisputed kings of burn for melee, and quite possible for all classes. Yes it's not easy to achieve as there are a lot of things to get in place, but when it happens it's very high. The devs aren't likely to want to boost other things if it (even perioidically) breaks the burst parses.

How should your class progress? Would you be willing to lose some of the multiplicative factors in exchange for better sustained? Is it a problem with *your* class, or with the stacking with other classes? Again, could that stacking be changed to avoid the mega-multiply numbers in exchange for boosting dps elsewhere (including when not optimally set up for support).

I want MOAR won't be listened to. Sensible reasoning probably will.
  15. RagePaw Augur

There are 2 issues I think most berserkers want looked at:

Our dependence on support classes for sustained, with a bard in my group my sustained is ok, it's not amazing but it's workable, remove that bard and it becomes somewhat embarrassing, wizards have their familiars to imitate some of that bard goodness, we need something similar, something that won't stack with normal bard songs and auras so we don't gain more burn dos, but something that is always on, please no more 30s, 1m whacka mole buttons.

Rampage and the massive disadvantage melee face just being melee. There was a time being a melee meant you could tank/survive hits better than casters, this no longer seems to be the case, berserkers in particular have few defensive abilities of note, if this has been traded away due to our peak burst dps values then I would suggest we be allowed to achieve the peak more often. Remove the detrimental effect on frenzied resolve (root), remove the detrimental effect on blinding fury(blind).
  16. Nedrom Augur

Brogett should be monk CRT too.
  17. Tadenea Augur

some days I get more non-rangers stuff to pass on, then class I generally play, but Riou nailed it for most part
  18. Daislet Augur

This is the main problem of Berserkers. They are too reliant on other classes.

Rogues/monks get there own self Hundred Hands effect. Berserkers need to rely on too many other classes to perform. Beasts Fury adds 51% to Berserkers DPS for 48secs. That is predominately the difference. A wizard can burn for 200k DPS with no outside help. A 50secs berserker burn with no outside help and you're looking at 60k.

I have 2 raid geared berserkers with Ethermere 2 hander. I use 1 or none in my groups instead I use Wiz mercs or my own wizard. I was almost going to let them lapse into Silver tbh. And I always play with a bard and a shaman. That should tell you how bad the class is at sustained.

The fix the Dev's propose isn't the right one. They want to give us "fixed" + XX damage abilities, rather than % based abilities. That is fine to do IF the balance was equal.

What they need to do is upgrade Ancient Cry of Chaos to around the 12% mark and self only (or group only). There is also an issue with the limiting effect of shaman epic and to me a mini self only version of this would also help in the sustained department, without being overly powerful. (i.e it's stacking with Sundering disc and blinding)
  19. Brogett Augur

Rogues/monks are also too dependent on others, but I completely agree Berserkers have it worst in this regard. It's why I went on to say

Is it a problem with *your* class, or with the stacking with other classes? Again, could that stacking be changed to avoid the mega-multiply numbers in exchange for boosting dps elsewhere (including when not optimally set up for support).

IMO the right balance for the game would be to make the multiplicative effects of others in groups less important (either by adding self-procs that partially mimic the multiplies - HH is an example already in game, but mini shaman epic would be a similar tihng), while also boosting sustained (which mini versions of ADPS clicks will infact do; or by actually just lowing ADPS abilities). I've been pushing for this for ages but no luck so far.

What I'm saying is that you need to see things from the devs side too. They do look at those perfect parses where everything is working in sync and think about what a %age damage upgrade will do to them. We all know such multiplicative parses aren't common and have a huge number of hoops to jump through, but they do exist and they *WILL* be used by others to try and nerf you. So what can you do? Find a way to reduce your supported burn while nor reducing your unsupported burn, and then ask for %age dps upgrades to compensate again. The net effect is less reliance on others and higher sustained dps. Just asking for more %age is going to get ignored.
    Gloomfall and Daislet like this.
  20. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Monks were hurting badly for Years imo.