Little things you'd like to see added in future releases of patches

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KC13, Sep 8, 2013.

1. KC13 Augur

What would you like to see added to the game? I for one, would love to have a parcel merchant in the Guild Lobby. Zoning in and out to send/receive parcels is very annoying. I always seem to miss the MGB's doing so. :(
    Aanuvane and beryon like this.
  2. Potionless Elder

I'd like them to standardize the names of the portal stones in the GH to start with the zone name.

Arcstone spirit sapphire = ok
    Chipped shard of slaughter = not ok
  3. Recnarp Augur

I'd like to see a tunnel leading from the guild lobby to the bazaar. The NW corner is player housing, and the NE corner is supposedly an additional 'new' player housing area (leaked in a patch awhile ago). So, the SE corner could lead to the bazaar?

How about a way to use the guild portal guy without being in a guild? Put those port tokens on the magus npcs in the guild lobby, butcherblock, etc.

Spellbook for mounts and illusions.

Racial traits reworked to the current era.

An auto-create and inventory button for crafting instead of clicking create and auto-inventory every single time.

Tribute that automatically turns off when you are not in combat for x amount of time.

Mercs going passive when idle for x amount of time.
    Rowacorn, Lenowill, Straahdx and 5 others like this.
  4. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

The ability to alphabetize my spell book, or to sort by level or by type of spell. As a wizard, we get lots of spells. My mage's spell book is even worse. :p
  5. Caudyr Augur

I'll go down this with bullet points. ^^
    • Make one of the doors leading to the housing area be 'magically connected' to the bazaar...or have it opened up and lead to a path to a door to the bazaar. On top of that, give us a 'bazaar door' that can be placed in guild halls that links to the bazaar, with an entrance back to your guild's guild hall in the bazaar in one of the unused zonelines/areas. If there's something like what you said already in the works, then doing it int he SE corner would work, but also still do the door as I mentioned, too. ^^
    • Either do this in the SW (or SE, if the above isn't done) section with a new path leading to it. Have a new pad placed here to do what you said with a NPC there that sells the stones. If this is done, the entire SW or SE section of the zone (depending on which area it's branched off of) would need to be set up so that buffs decay there, that way people won't move to this section to use as a buffing center, leaving it relatively lag free.
    • Alternatively, put another tab on the AA window. Allow a person to hand in a familiar, mount, illusion or nimbus clicky to a NPC to unlock the AA version in this tab for purchase. Either grant it automatically, or give it a 5-10AA cost so that people can have something else to do, heh. This way they wouldn't have to generate a new spellbook or whatever, but instead just add them to the AA window.
    • Not sure whether the racial traits bit will work properly. This will just steer people with classes that can use certain races towards changing their race to that one instead...so that they can get the benefits. I think they're fine where they are, but that's just my opinion, heh.
    • There's already an /autoinventory command. However, I do think we need a /tradeskillcombine command. Since you can already only have one instance of the tradeskill UI open at any given time (I just tried to open my poison container after having the loom open, and it just opened like a normal container)...all you'd need to do is have this require you to have a recipe selected in the UI window before you can do the combine...just like the window functions anyway. The only difference between this and the "Combine" button would be that you can do /tradeskillcombine instead of a mouse click and save your wrists some pain. Other than that it would function exactly the same...and it would still require the UI to be open (as in, you couldn't use it in just a normal opened container that has the combine button on it), etc.
    • OMFG YES PLEASE. I can't stress this enough. Have this set up so that if it goes one cycle without any agro being done (as in, 10 minutes), then the tributes and trophy tributes will automatically be turned off.
    • OMFG YES PLEASE AGAIN. Have it set up so that if you go a full cycle of the merc's upkeep without agro'ing a mob, the merc will drop to passive on the upkeep phase. This will still make it do another upkeep cost before it starts waiving costs...so it doesn't completely change how that works.
    Now for my own suggestions...
    • I'll start with tributes. I'd like to suggest a new tab in the Tribute Benefits window...and have the tradeskill trophies go to that window, instead. Also, have the trophy limit for trophies in that window be set to like...12 or something, so that a person can have all the tradeskill trophies they have active at once. Either that, or make tradeskill trophies not count towards the trophy count limit in the Trophy tab of the current Tribute Benefits window.
    • Next, I'll tackle the issue of lag in the GL again (since it's been brought up many times before, heh). One of three things needs to happen, imo:
      • Open up a ramp between the two GH doors that goes downwards into a big room in such a way that people in there won't be visible to the rest of the guild lobby. This would be the only area where buffs won't decay in the GL, so that people will have to go there if they want to try and get buffs while afk. You could set it up so that it's close enough to the magus that people could still MGB from the magus or whatever, but to get to keep the buffs, the people receiving them would need to be in this room. Essentially, there would be an aura around the room here that would make buffs stop decaying so long as you're in it...but the rest of the zone wouldn't have it.
      • Give everyone in the zone shadowman illusion upon entering it...until they leave. Have it work just like the april fool's day illusion, because that really was a godsend for the lag of the zone, heh.
      • Use a combination of both. Basically, the 'shadowman illusion' would come into play the moment you enter the aura mentioned in option #1, so that you won't lag out the moment you try to enter this room. The aura would both suspend the buff decay, as well as give you shadowman illusion. I like this idea the best, tbh...because it leaves the rest of the zone alone (aside from buff decay, heh) and also should solve the issues of lag in there, which is horrifically bad with all the people AFKing there for buffs. -_-
    • Some stuff for mapping, to make it easier. :p
      • Fix the issue where everytime the map is saved (or most of the times when it's saved) the map lines are reversed in the map file. As in, if you change the zone with the atlas and there are 100 lines in the map file...line 1 will become line 100 and line 100 will become line 1. When you go back to the current zone and pick another zone to check the map of for the atlas again, they will return to their original state...but you have to do this twice for that to happen. It's really annoying. -_-
      • The ability to set the default size for label text...either by having the map UI remember your last label size you used...or have it be a setting you can modify in the UI .xml file.
      • /startline, /addpoint and /endline commands...so that you can do line additions and whatnot using the / commands and keyboard...instead of having it limited to just mouse clicks.
      • More layers.for better map customization. I'd say another 6 layers + a "Notes" layer for people to use for their own notes.
      • A dropdown box along the bottom that allows you to move the selected lines/labels to a different layer, without having to do so in the .txt files themselves.
    • Overhaul on how rogue-made poisons function.
      • All poisons made by rogues (including Spider's Bite and Scorpion's Agony, of course) should persist through death, considering they are technically things that are 'applied to weapons' lorewise and not something the person themselves has.
      • Poisons only usable by rogues should also have their counters increased. For the utility poisons, at the very least, this needs to happen...they should probably be increase by at least 50% though I'd go so far as to say they should be doubled.
  6. Noken_Xeg Journeyman

Standard item clicks adjusted to be the same duration.

No longer being left behind on gate or evac style teleports, possibly as an ability or innate at a certain level.

Skills such as melee, defensives, casting (eg. 1hs, dodge, conjuration) raising faster at lower levels.

An in-game method to copy or import an entire hotkey set, much like we can copy the UI layout of another character. Time saver for shrouds, alts, transfers, /test, /beta, etc.
    Ronak, Reprisal, TheQxx and 1 other person like this.
  7. Koutarou Elder

Save sets for blocked spells so I can load my block-ranger-strength version for raids, then switch back to my buff- version afterwards.
  8. Demandred Elder

The big thing would be creating new connections between the none combat zones, already stated(baz to lobby/housing). Now that buffs don't tick away in any of these zones all the extra zone idoes now is bring you one zone closer to the inevitable crash from zoning too many times.
    Some sort of change to tradeskill, auto creat and inventory button is one way, or mass combine/auto combine trivial items.
    Ability to reduce campfire reuse timer and/or make a seconday campfire
  9. savrin Augur

Buffs icons being able to get moved to whether you want instead of having to click them off and recast in specific order.

Mounts stacking with shaman/bst werewolf illusion buffs(not the illusions). Is a couple hundred hp and a few ac really that game breaking that we cannot use mounts with pow?

I want to see all click buffs last for 5 hours so I don't have to click them over and over.
    Rikantiz, beryon, Reprisal and 4 others like this.
  10. Gragas Augur

A post in the forums like 2-3 days beforehand that said patch is happening?
    Beimeith, Yinla, beryon and 2 others like this.
  11. Feradach Augur

Ditto to Savrin's request to have Pact stack with hp/mana mounts.
    Buff blocks for mercs (hate having to click clarity and such off my tank merc).
    A /give (or something similar) command so I can open up a trade window and give my pet weapons without having to click off the Click-through Pets option.
  12. Sinestra Augur

1. A pet inventory window where you can see all your pet's stats and give/remove gear at will. After almost 15 years of being asked for it you'd think they would have gotten around to it by now.

2. The ability to store your spell sets, and UI locations on the server so I don't have to constantly alter them everytime I play on my desktop and then have to realign them when I play on my laptop.

3. The ability to see all our stats. I'm not really concerned with how AC would really look if we could see what the actual number is, people can adapt to the new values, they always have. There is no reason at this point that we can't see all our stats in full.

4. Fellowships no longer requiring 3+ people. 1-2 is enough.

5. Remove the lockout timer on switching fellowships.

6. Remove the requirement that a group can not gain AA exp on mobs if one of the people con them as grey. It was a stupid idea when it was put in, and is still stupid.

7. Remove the lockouts and the three person requirement on OMM missions along with the requirement that all people be within so many feet of the chest in order to open it.

8. Remove the instance 15 level requirement from the game. If you're high enough to group with these people you should be high enough to go into an instance with them. All this does is continue to hinder people grouping with others and when people need help with something older, they can not get their higher level friends to do it so they have to go without.

9. Remove the 30 level gap grouping requirement. If a level 100 wants to group with a 1, what harm does it do? They could powerlevel them without grouping them so you are doing nothing to stop it from happening other than keeping friends from hanging out together. There is a limit on the amount per kill you can get in xp in regular and AAs so there is no danger.

10. Get rid of all push.

11. Instance the previous HH zones and put in instances for Fabled mobs and leave them up year round.

12. Allow some prestige items to be worn by Silver account holders. Allow them to wear the same tiers as other gear. So if an aug comes from tier 1-2 of this expansion they can wear it, if it is from tier 3-4 then do not allow it.

13. Sell faster mounts in the marketplace.

14. Allow mounts to be instacast. I love my mount on my SK and I am unwilling to buy another look because they have cast times.

15. Allow Headshot to hit more mobs again. Maybe not infinite amounts, but 4-5 like most targeted AE spells.
    Sita and beryon like this.
  13. TheQxx Augur

Expand the amount of items you can trade with a player from 8 to something [significantly] larger than 8.
    Expand the amount of items you can trade with an NPC from 4 to something [significantly] larger than 4.
    Beimeith, Sita, Ishtass and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sinestra Augur

Invulnerability spells will no longer cause mobs to move to the next target on their hate list.
    beryon likes this.
  15. Ranpha Augur

Can hand in stacks to NPC's already... it solved most problems for me atleast.
  16. TarewMarrForever Augur

WHAT?!? I just handed in 20 *stacks* of Orc Scalps 4 at a time to Captain "Anxious" Ashlan...he can't seem to stand in one place for more than 12 seconds at a time. That was fun. But at least I'm not KoS to the FP Militia anymore lol.
  17. TheQxx Augur

So I guess the practical application/example would be when handing a pet weapons, haste mask, armor and such...4 items at a time. I don't see any reason that window couldn't be expanded to like a dozen items and likewise with players. You would think the tradable amount of items to a player would have expanded with the increase of inventory slots from 8 to 10.

Another idea I would like to see: Being able to parcel a bag full of stuff to someone so that they can retrieve a bag...full of stuff. Convenience!

I would also like to see prefix titles put on top of a name, in a slightly smaller font, rather than in front of it. I have a friend who recently came back to playing, after he retired like 10 years ago, and he kept calling people by their titles because the thought it was their first names. And in truth, I can see that being confusing especially if you aren't familiar with all the common titles.

Also, Expanded Trader Satchels, bigger than 10-slot so I can sell more junk.

Also, being able to filter out Collectible items in the Baz search (I know you can filter Collectible Only, but I don't think you can do the inverse?)
    Sita likes this.
  18. TarewMarrForever Augur

This one is a no brainer, and it would sell like *hotcakes* for SOE making good revenue via SC...and it should be relatively easy to implement.

Once *all* players have access to the Bazaar remotely (soon when the current expansion is open to all), I see no reason why to enforce players to actually have to go to the bazaar at all. Really the only reason now is to setup a buyer or seller.

Instead, I see an opportunity for SOE:

Add two new SC purchasable items: Buyer Platform and Seller Platform that players can SC purchase for their house or guild hall or grand guild hall. Also sell ornamentations for these so that third parties can make different decor for these platforms, also available for SC. These octagonal platforms work just like the Bazaar. You must be standing on them in order to activate the Buyer or Trader window.

They could even be sold in two sizes, small and large, where the small is large enough for a maybe up to 3 people standing on them, and the large physically big enough for say 10 or 15. If you need more than that, you but multiple platforms. For example, I could see our Grand Guild Hall having two large Seller platforms and one small Buyer platform.

Of course, this will turn the bazaar into a ghost town, which wouldn't really bother me at all. And if in the meantime it can give people something to spend their SC on and get a bit more cash for SOE and keep the game up a bit longer, that's a win for everybody.
  19. Muji Augur

Increase /corpsedrag to a limit of 5 and add in a /corpsedropall command.
  20. TarewMarrForever Augur

Related to the above, I recommend a new command:

/worldauction

Works like /auction but is world-wide instead of zone wide. Or alternatively just make /auction work world-wide.

Of course, is window filterable as well just like the other types of chat, has a different color, etc.

Once you have this live, also make a statement that WTB / WTS / WTT is *NO LONGER* tolerated in General Chat. Use /auction or /worldauction (if it exists). Those and only those are to be used for direct selling. Never use /ooc or /general.

This is a vast improvement and should be very simple to do as all of the underlying infrastructure is in place.

This will GET RID of all of the WTS / WTB ACoF in General chat that are getting annoying as it is unfilterable. ;-) That doesn't belong in General Chat. That is what /auction is for, but nobody uses it anymore outside of PoK or Bazaar, because it is zone-specific. When somebody has a rare hot item to sell, they want world-wide exposure. This also gives us a short-term workaround for the fact that the bazaar can't list items for > 2.4 million plat without resorting to using General, which still doesn't hit ALL players logged in, whereas /worldauction would.

Given our player load and the fact that he majority of zones have 0 players in them, I think that simply making /auction global is fine. But I'm fine with either approach, and I do think it is safer to introduce a new command.

The key points are that with this change:

- I can then shunt auction chat off into it's own window so that global chat is no longer being cluttered up
    - I'm less likely to miss somebody selling something because it's not mixed in with my other chat
    - if I'm not in the mood for General Chat (often the case when hunting), I turn it off. This way I still don't miss out on the deals being offered.