Congratulations... I think? I guess? Maybe?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Axxius Augur

TFC corpse poof 2.0. :rolleyes: Looks like only 1 guild so far didn't have the corpse poof on them. Time to experiment with stuff like 'dont kill it with dots! no, with nukes! no pets! melee only from 5% down!' etc. I don't think they ever fixed TFC, they just eventually put the head in the loot chest. Let's hope for the same here.
  2. Imrahil Augur

I think there is an amazing amount of content for players who play on the lower level. It's called the history of EQ...
  3. Imrahil Augur

Yeah, pretty funny though when a GM tells me upon a petition to "beat all the minibosses before Luclin to prevent this"...
  4. Imrahil Augur

I have to say both raids were quite enjoyable. Too easy (we didn't do any of them in Beta and needed 3 tries in Chelsith and 1 in PoS), but generally nicely scripted, rather bug free (except for the disappearing Shawl pieces - did anyone get them refunded by petition?) and overall in good spirit.
    I simply hope that T4 can be a tiny little bit harder to maybe not be downed completely the first proper raid night
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

I highly doubt that anybody left either of the Bearers alive on their first kill. We sure didn't. So yeah, all 2 of the minibosses before Luclin were definitely dead.
  6. Axxius Augur

+1
    Love the design, especially the PoS raid. Amazing job with graphics, Luclin model and the voice-overs!
    Just wish they were not so easy. But oh well...
  7. Tegila Augur

one can't judge teh content at which it is consumed by the top end that make it their business to plow through it asap. there is absolutely NO way to appease those guys if they want to alwyas have new content to play with and never farm anything fmor thana couple weeks. there simply isnt enough time in the day to work 24hours a day with the entire dev team to create enough content to keep those sort of players from getting bored because it is exactly waht they do. they see new content they chew it up and spit it out and ask for more, immediately. see this thread itself..already asking for more. well to obad.

thats nothing against the bleeding edgers, only against the attitude of more more more more . can only produce so much you either need to pace yourselves or stop complaining when you finish something. cmon .

i personally welcome new content bc it gives me renewed motivation to do stuff, taht motivation for me runs out in a month so i do personally tend to chew up all the content i can right away too, but i dont complain im bored when it's over, i sit back relax and decorate housing, watch some tv, listen to some music, read teh ridiculous political diatribes in general chat , and continue my roll as the "go-to-guy' everyone asks when they have a question about all teh stuff i plowed through. i dont sit there and say ok im done gimme more, i say ok im done i dont have to feel lazy for running out of steam and wanting to sit there like a lump lol
  8. EverChanter Augur

And most of it is ignored now. The gear could be updated, the quests could be overhauled; there could be reasons for people to go back to these zones.

But then again, you guys don't spend raid time doing old content when there's plenty of raid stuff for the players. Why do we constantly get more when there's so much that can be done, regardless if it's a "gear upgrade" or not?
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

This is exactly what they told us... Lets see what they say on my thread
  10. Kacman Augur

I am done with all the partisan tasks and all four group missions. These missions were some of the best that SoE has ever done. They were fun and intriguing. Thank you for a truly new experience. Been years since I have felt this way about EQ.

On a second thought, tier 3 is more in line with the majority of the player-base, that I applaud too. While it was very easy for me with my raid gear and raid geared friends/group, it should be about perfect for the average player/grouper (although I still expect to read comments from many groupers that these are too tough-my answer to them is that they only need to learn the scripts to beat them).

Tier 3 is easier than tier 1 and 2 are in its current state. Why did you make tier 1 and 2 at one difficulty level and make tier 3 like it should be tier 0.25 difficulty?

One last comment, Luclin is HOT, I volunteer to follow her to her chambers any day.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

The thing is:

1. As GoD and UF illustrated most players don't like it much when content is overly difficult and exclusive. Those that fall on the right side of the tuning, so long as most others fail, always declare its perfect. But should the same people fall on the other side of the tuning...its a different story.

2. 20 guilds x 50 players = 1%. It doesn't make any sense to create events "that are so hard they will make people cry." MUCH better to make 50 or 100 guilds x 50 players enjoy themselves.

3. Besides any event that's reasonably tuned is going to be beaten within a week or two. If the two raids just released had been in the original RoF release they would have been beaten long ago.

Staggered release and /cough "artificial timesinks" 4tw.

It's a much better solution than overly exclusive content that's an ordeal even if you can beat it. Seriously - who in their right mind would want to do Ugua every week for a year? Oh - you, you, and you would? Mind waiting for server merges so 51 others show up on your server that want to do content like that.(haven't we had sever merges twice already?).

(PoTime at least had it's gatekeepers before the actual endzone - PoTime itself was a candyland and not an ordeal - except for P3, standing near the port in and doing wave after wave of yardtrash, which was excessive).
  12. Roderick Journeyman

So you take umbrage with people generalizing about how the development of the game works, by generalizing the mentality of the playerbase?
    When you make posts like this, in my opinion, it comes across as complaining about your job to a certain degree. I think we can all agree that even if not the most glamorous or easy-going working conditions, most of the regular posters with a modicum of the appropriate technical skills would love to have your job; making such perceived whining as appealing as a pro ball player complaining about their job.
  13. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

I was in the same boat thinking this was going to be a big mistake.

Actually now that SoF launched I feel the opposite. Experience really doesn't matter that much anymore for those that would bank this stuff. Banking and getting levels/AA done instantly may save a little bit of time for some, but in the big picture it just means there is less to enjoy along the way as you actually play the game. I think we'll see a progressive shift away from the "do anything to be finished right away" and more to the "try to enjoy the game as much as possible" attitude as trends like this continue.

I also see this carrying over into raiding somewhat. The incentive to being finished with raid content so quickly is loosing a lot of its appeal. Those that take their time and maximize enjoyment are going to be the real winners eventually.
  14. Kacman Augur

I did not take his post as "whining". You read too much into his statement.

What he meant is as follows. If he works 60 hrs per week on new content and takes 10 of that to devote to reworking existing content, there would be 1/6th less new content. Why should he be forced to work 70 hrs to accommodate a small percentage of players that want old content reworked?

If you have done existing content, then you want new stuff. If you have not completed the existing content, it is already new to you.
    Tegila likes this.
  15. EverChanter Augur

This is all true, and should always be on the tables of discussions. Mind you, Nothing in life in general is as easy as people seem to think it is (I'm sure I could come up with plenty of examples from my field). Everything at this point is worth looking at, given that amount of players that work on "alts" and returning players, giving them a reason to go to outdated zones may also provide ideas on how to give content to the raid game.
  16. EverChanter Augur

All opinion, and one could say the same for raiders as a small percentage of players.
  17. Kacman Augur

Kael, Crystal Caverns, Eastern Wastes is all old content that was reworked but sold as new leaving the existing content in place so we have twice as much. I can go on and on about the older content that has been redone but it would be a waste because some people will never be happy. It is almost as bad as end gamers always wanting new content to chew through.

The Devs cannot possibly make or redo enough content to keep everyone happy. Even if they worked 120 hrs per week and had a staff of 2000 developers.
    Tegila likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

First of all, I don't know where you get the idea... oh wait... ;)
  19. EverChanter Augur

So you'd rather they scrap even the possabilities of doing it, even though it takes twice as long to do new content? (new npcs, new lore, new art, new zones, new conflicts, etc)?

From a business prespective I would think it's a great idea and could save money on some of those needed resources. Us players will go to where they update or put new, so even if they redid Castle Mistmoore, people would go there regardless if it's for level 30's or 100's.
  20. Kacman Augur

This is where you are wrong. Even upgrading existing NPCs is really creating a NEW NPC. Upgrading a zone is giving it a facelift but it is still creating a NEW zone. And all this "upgrading" requires QA testing, bugs to be worked out, testing to insure it does not interfere with existing quests (i.e. epics), and all the time consuming resources that creating new content requires.

Upgrading existing content might save a total of 10-15% of the total resources required to create truly new content.