What File are ATs in

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordJump, Oct 10, 2012.

1. LordJump Journeyman

Im looking to do a fresh install of EQ and want to know:

1). What files my previously created ATs are in so I can keep those.

2) Are there any character files I should keep other than UI_NAME_antonius and NAME_antonius

3) How do I force patcher to DL/Install EQ to a specific location (ie c:\games\Everquest)? I know Ive had issues with the patcher trying to install to a different location and I dont remember how I got around it.

Thanks for the help.
  2. Riou EQResource

1) /AudioTriggers

2) If you want your ui files and character hotkeys and stuff those 2 per character yes

3) When it asks where to point it to point it to the folder you want it in
  3. Skurge Apprentice

Audio triggers are in the userdata folder under Everquest, typically at_default_name_server.ini. The actual sound files are in the AudioTriggers folder.
  4. LordJump Journeyman

Thanks Riou and Skurge. Salvaged the listed files. Apparently the EQ setup program was updated since my last use and its very easy to use now.

Besides the UI_NAME_Antonius and NAME_Antonius (and the AT/UI files listed) are there any other files Ill need to keep all my game/character stuff the same? I made a backup of the entire game, so I have everything...I just dont know what else Ill need.

Thanks!
  5. Yther Augur

Almost complete list of user files:
    Base Directory
    DEFAULTS.INI - Basic default info
    EQ*.INI - Various all accounts info
    VOICECHAT.INI - In-game Voice settings

toon_server.INI - Basic toon / hotkey / etc. info
    UI_toon_server.INI - Basic UI layout info
    BZR_toon_server.INI - Bazaar mule pricing (not buyer, only seller)

USERDATA Directory
    AT_subdir_toon_server.INI - Audio Trigger subdir Settings
    ABILITIES_toon_server.INI - Abilities mapped to keys for differing sets
    BART_toon_server.INI - Barter (Bazaar) settings (for buyers)
    CJ_toon_server.HDR - Character Journal Header?
    CJ_toon_server.TXT - Character Journal text
    GN_toon_server.TXT - forget, something I turned off, 'cause they're all empty

Easy way: *.INI from base directory; *.* from userdata directory; uifiles directory and subdirectories; Maps directory and subdirectories; AudioTriggers directory and subdirectories; Logs if you want to save them directory; Screenshots if you want to save them; storyline if you have a mod you want to save / copy

Hope this helps some,

Yther Ore.
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

7. LordJump Journeyman

Thanks for the detailed info guys. Ive been able to save what was critical.
    Yther likes this.
  8. TSR-AlexS Augur

Please don't hesitate to PM TSR SeanF or myself any questions or concerns in the future!
  9. Mintalie Augur

Looks interesting, but for the... shall we say 'not technically inclined,' is it user friendly?
  10. TSR-AlexS Augur

Odd, Audio triggers shouldn't cause the game to lag. I would highly recommend submitting a support ticket to our tech team so we can look into this!
  11. Yther Augur

Does that mean ones, like "tells you" or "yawns" may or do cause lag? What appears to me to be more of a problem lagging, is when several are similar or multiples with varying detail, like "Yther told you" and then later just "told you", but I try to stay away from such as much as possible.

Sorry, but really thought that needed some clarification.

While on AT, did the multiple spaces addition ever get fixed? (That is editing AT in game, tends to add spaces at the end, that are for the most part ignored, but sometimes can cause problems).

Yther Ore.
  12. TSR-AlexS Augur

Yther, Lag can be caused by graphical issues or internet/connection issues. If submit a support ticket about this, we will be more than happy to look into it!
  13. Yther Augur

Thanks. I never have any problems despite others saying so (at least not directly related to AT, yea they lag when graphic lags, log files get > 2GB, etc.) Just sounded like there was a known problem with non-odd AT, the way it was worded, so I just making sure, and would have asked for more detail so I could avoid them. :)

Yther Ore.
  14. TSR-AlexS Augur

If you PM Sean or myself your ticket reference number, we will be more than happy to look into it personally! Please be sure to already include your DXDiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below )