Blocking should have a 5second cooldown

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by God Mode, Mar 31, 2013.

1. God Mode New Player

block hold lasts up to 10seconds. after release of r1 timer begins 5seconds before next block. tada blocking now balanced?
    • Like x 1
  2. Epic Wins New Player

or or...or you could use a block breaker?
    • Like x 8
  3. Old Gravyleg New Player

Yeah you could, and then you can get interrupted 5 seconds after your animation finishes.
    • Like x 3
  4. Sytenia Committed Player

No thank you, this would seriously mess up PVE...
    • Like x 5
  5. Ivy Bird Committed Player

No, this is dumb.
    • Like x 5
  6. Old Gravyleg New Player

While it would make pve more difficult, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Currently, just about anything in the game can be tanked, even when undergeared, by pulling mobs to you and holding block. This type of lazy play leads to less opportunities to learn the ins and outs of a powerset. Very few things require you to save a shield or juggle for just that right moment.

With that said, I do think that making this change at this point in the game's life would be a terrible idea. It would most likely cause DCUO to lose a huge portion of it's playerbase, and while the change would have made for better players if the game were released in that state, people are already set in their ways and most would not like the added complication.

On the other hand, 10 seconds is way too long to notice. Even when I brought my nubly tank into t4's with modded ilvl64 dps gears, I would turtle like a champ and never had my block wear out. If you just pull and block, refresh taunt every 8-12 seconds, hit once every 5 seconds to keep a combo, you would never notice this change. Does anyone actually hold block for 10 seconds?
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

When they added pvp mechanics to npc, it messed up pve. It was neat at first but now it is annoying. Some npcs all they do is spam block. Trying to get a combo in is almost impossible.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mountie New Player

No. Lame concept, does nothing to improve balancing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sumeric New Player

I can see it now: purple ball coming right at you in prime but you have to go ahead and eat 3k damage because unfortunately you just finished rolling...lol
    • Like x 4
  10. Sylar-Man New Player

Another dumb idea posted on the forums.
    • Like x 3
  11. Ink Soul New Player

[IMG]
    free picture hosting
    • Like x 4
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Or, or.. hear me out on this one... you could get better at pvp and not make dumb ideas.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jordan153 New Player

Happens all the time I swear....
    • Like x 1
  14. Itazuki New Player

No... What they should do is make the window for interuption on Block Breakers the same length as window for being Block Broken on Blocking. Putting back the interuption duration would increase gameplay speed. Since you would see less people turtling with block trying to lure people to BB.
    • Like x 2
  15. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I'm going to have to disagree on this one, sorry OP.
  16. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Where's that down vote button?
    • Like x 1
  17. Sytenia Committed Player

It's not so much the 10 seconds block limit I'd be worried about but the 5 seconds in between blocks.

When I'm tanking with fire and I take heavy damage for longer periods of time I am blocking for probably 6 to 8 seconds between releasing it and using a juggle or something but using a juggle does not take 5 seconds, at most 2.
    I'd have to spend the next 3 seconds taking full damage before I can block again because by then the things attacking me would have broken out and gained immunity against my juggles?
    That's what I would be worried about.
  18. Death Throe New Player

19. FANT0MEXX New Player

This idea is bad and you should feel bad
    • Like x 1
  20. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

This is extreme hyperbole, if you land a BB the immunity granted should cover all but the longest counter windows (such as HB, but not sure if there is any others.) Learn to block break and you will be fine, learning to block properly is a skill in itself so against someone who knows how to utilise it effectively, it will be difficult and often frustrating. But all I can say is watch their patterns, try to get your timing down and try to use blockbreakers with an instant block break, it will make things easier.