Question to clarify Power Interaction

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Samhael, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Samhael Active Player

Hello all! Hope my question hasn't been asked to death, but I couldn't find it so here I go.
    Currently I'm working on my loadout for my Mental DPS, and am trying to get as much power interaction buffs as I can.
    So, I took Thought Bubble as it encases enemies, as well as Pyrokinesis as it says it explodes when used on encased enemies. Obviously, I can't encase a boss, but does the effect still remain even when used on a boss?
  2. Old Gravyleg New Player

The damage over time portion of thought bubble will still be applied to the boss, as well as "crushing" effect, which will make some of your powers do more damage. He will not be encased, thus pyrokinesis will cause no explosion.
  3. Sylar-Man New Player

It only works on something you can encase. You can't encase the boss so you won't get the interaction. As a DPS most interactions that aren't an actual applied state (terrorized, dazed, frostbitten, electrified, burning, etc...) you can't pull off because they require a certain amount of dominance that a DPS wouldn't be able to reach if they are in full DPS gear and are in a raid or alert.

You do still get full damage and burning PI setup though from using thought bubble and pyro on a boss though you just don't get the extra damage from breaking an encasement.
  4. Sylar-Man New Player

Mental has no powers that grant extra damage to crushed enemies.
  5. Samhael Active Player

Shame. Didn't think it would, but I had to ask. Well back to the respec vendor.
    Shame there isn't another power for mental to benefit from crushing effects.
  6. Old Gravyleg New Player

The whole TK tree needs an overhaul. Honestly, if psychic empowerment weren't part of it, I'd never spend a single point on that power tree.

edit:: I just read through the TK tree again and they don't have any moves that can interact with "helpless" enemies anymore? I could swear that a while back some TK powers did extra damage to helpless enemies, and almost any status was considered helpless.

I wouldn't have thought it possible, but it seems that TK is even more useless than I originally thought.
  7. Sylar-Man New Player

For bosses you want to use terror and daze as your power interactions. I personally would recommend terror since Mass Terror is better than TK or Mass Lev in terms of applying a Pi.
  8. Sylar-Man New Player

TK push, pyro, pyschic resonance, tk bolt all still do extra damage on helpless enemies. PI status aren't considered helpless though. stuns, knocks ups, knock downs, knock backs etc... is what is considered helpless.
  9. Old Gravyleg New Player

Thanks for clarifying. I guess that helpless means stunned or lifted or knocked down, and that a boss can't be made helpless?
  10. Sylar-Man New Player

Not anymore since they changed how that home turf mod works.