A Mental BreakDown V2

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Femto, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Very fast. Mental doesn't have a power to compare and does indeed have slower cast times.

However, Mental is also more reliable in range than Gadgets is, so you could use that as an advantage.
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

i'll just say it like this, playing around with my alt (mental) you can not spam powers fast enough to put your entire bar on cooldown, so I would say they are plenty fast
  3. Rebelyon New Player

Thanks for the clipping tips, so far I have been using only menace and its cooldown take a few more seconds than I find comfortable when the end raid boss is in your face. Currently most of my damage powers are from the illusion tree as encasements often get me yelled at (when I was gadgets).

For solo targets I'm using MT>Menace>Pyro>TB>Weapon Combo & repeat.
    For AOE its MT>Menace>MT>PF>Weapon Combo & repeat.
    All powers are clipped with grenades (when my clumsy fingers work)

Yeah, Gadgets is much faster though I do note that the range of Mental is a fair bit longer. Hence why I am playing around with the rifle to maximize what i feel is one of the benefits of being Mental. But it would be nice if Mental can get buffed slightly as I find this power has good potential which are somewhat made mediocre currently.
  4. Clownin Around New Player

A DPS loadout that I have had great success with is MT, Menace, PS, Pyro, Vacuum Bubble & TK Bolt. Make sure to utilize the Enduring Damage hand mod for 60% buff.

TKB>MT>Menace>MT>PS>Pyro>Weapon Combo. By the time your combo is done, the 60% buff should be just about gone.
  5. Rebelyon New Player

Sounds very power hungry. And is this with melee or range combos?
  6. Clownin Around New Player

Ranged for me. It could be done with either but I'm not a fan of melee. It can be power hungry if you don't have decent trolls.
  7. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Anyone suggest a pvp dps and troll loadout for me :D
  8. Sylar-Man New Player

For PVP trolling with a group I would recommend Thought bubble, PE, granduer, WoP/speed drain, TK, and pyro
  9. Rebelyon New Player

Hey I kept reading on the 1st post on how Terrorize is to be part of a loadout (for bosses) but so far no one seems to keep it in their loadout or mention using it much. Am I missing something?

I simply use MT in place of Terrorize for solos/bosses and so far its doing good.

I would also like to understand more on how to use Ampule of Terror. Is it similar to dazing devices where it is used to clip? And what are the raw benefits of clipping with it as opposed to clipping with menace (DPS) or PE (Troll)?
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I used it up until I went superspeed (swapped it out for Dervish), but its very viable

I just started to use the ampule of terror the other day and theyre great...I use mine strictly for clipping purposes but not as a substitute for either Menace or PE (I use both heavily for DPS and Controlling respectively)...It costs 0 power and pretty much free damage as it gives you an extra 300-400 damage per hit when you land it...For DPS my rotation is usually Pyro>Clip w/ Ampule> Flurry/spin chop> Dervish>Clip w/ Mass Terror>Clip w/ menace> Clip w/ Ampule and finish everything off with PF or Psy Shock then repeat that process over and over...I clip the ampule with PE when I control
  11. Clownin Around New Player

I haven't got the Ampule plan yet. Is it able to be used effectively from range or just melee?
  12. FeelsGood New Player

Most of the consumables are melee range types
  13. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

You have to be VERY close for the ampule to hit
  14. Rebelyon New Player

Tried using the Ampule of Terror with MA and I gotta say its quite nice for that extra clip and damage but sadly goes against my preference of rifle using ways by having to go up close. Back to the drawing board! (or until i grow a pair of steel ones for going into melee :D)
  15. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

since I went to a booze...
    As for you this:
    Terror Tendrils - Phantom Flames - Psychik Resonance - Thought Bubble - Menace - Convalesce
    For group enemies she uses TT->PF(+35%)->PR(45%) if significant numbers or just TT->PF(+35%) for not significant possible M before. For single enemy first encase into Bubble, then blow it up with PR. After that peck poor enemy with TT, then menace & use weapon combo to frazzle poor NPC out!:D
  16. Rebelyon New Player

Been using MA and DW recently with Mental as I wanted to be more ballsy :D

DW is very good for single targets when stacked with Mental's dots but the many tap tap tap combos might make the DPS factor even slower with Mental's longer cast time/animations though the actual weapon combo speed is pretty good.

MA is pretty fun especially since its clippy and end your weapon combo for a smoke bomb for a beastly AOE. Pretty balanced against both single targets and groups. Good stun factors as well. Issue only with getting high combos.

Now if only I can find a decent staff or 1H. So far Mental seems great with almost all weapons I had tried...
  17. Clutch_GT New Player

Anyone using a 2 hander? Been curious how that might work out lately I've been trying out a bunch of wonky loadouts that might benefit from the 3 hold combo.
  18. yellowflash9 Well-Known Player

I have been a Mental for a week n I love it as a controller because of the loadouts helped me to crowd control a lot like (Terror Tendrils, Psychic Empowerment, Mass Terror, Phantom Flames, Word of Power, and Horrific Visage/ Grandeur) or (Telekinesis, Psychic Empowerment, Horiffic Visage, Thought Bubble, Pyrokinesis/Psychic Resonance, and Word of Power). As well I'm Having so much fun even in dps mode which I rarely do but it is amazing like the loadouts for terror and helplessness. Like terror is (Menace, Mass Terror, Phantom Flames, Pychic Shock, Terrorize, and Tk Bolt) and Helplessness is (Pyrokinesis, Tk Bolt, Thought Bubble, Mass Terror, Mass Levitation, n Cryokinesis). I really wanted to start Pvping but I never pvp in the past year, and I dont know a correct loadout to start pvp or any different ways of loadouts for mental pvp. If anyone can help, I will appreciate it and thank you.
  19. Clutch_GT New Player

Do you plan on DPSing in PvP or Troll?
  20. yellowflash9 Well-Known Player

both dpsing and troll in pvp to be as much versatile i can be