How does everyone feel about the new forums?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Burnt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

I'm a ludite, but I think making the forum less simple and straightforward makes it less user friendly. The old forum had the 'Mark topics as read' function.... I could read the ones I wanted to read and then mark them all as read so when I went out to look at the sections on the main forum page and see if there were any new posts to ones I previously looked at and marked read. Now I can't quick check that any more unless I first click on each and every topic in a section first to maker them 'read' that way first. And mouse overs for forum section descriptions instead of just the short description being under the title seems like one of those "if it isn't broke don't fix it" sort of changes. The only plus side to the forum change so far has been that I no longer get ninja signed out. Other than that the change has become a negative experience all around.

Cancel that... found the mark forum as read button. I feel dumb :p
  2. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

I miss being able to use HTML
  3. hudapak Well-Known Player

I'm liking the new features but it will still take me some time to get used to it. I just wish there were more avatar choices because it seems like its the same people posting.
  4. Ladypheenix New Player

A nice upgrade, the no custom avatar sucks but i'm happy the voting is gone.
  5. Disruptra New Player

6. Brit Loyal Player

I find the lack of a thumbs up/down for the overall thread a bit disappointing. While I realize it lends itself towards pettiness in many cases, for some of the more passionately debated topics, it was nice to get an idea of what the community felt as a whole, rather than just the 2-3 people who spoke the loudest and dominated the thread.

This new system of only permitting Thumbs Up, and attaching them to individual posts, leaves it much more questionable whether readers agree/disagree with an issue overall, or just have feelings toward one specific player.
  7. Anhur Committed Player

The functionality is exceptional, but I am personally not keen on the PS3 and PC players intermingling - not because one platform is superior to the other, but with so many players posting, the topics get buried, fast.
  8. Redhot Well-Known Player

love these new forums the watch thread feature makes me drool and getting alerts about your posts is pretty solid over all Very nice change
  9. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Now y did u rise it from the dead ?
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

so you'd remember what the old forum was like. with thumbs down n stuff.
  12. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Y would I want to remember?
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

16. melvinpox Devoted Player